British Speedway Forum

34 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

Between here and Glasgows Facebook page, there's a few! He took a fair bit of stick, as well as a couple of others, after the redcar defeat! 

Ace inexplicably took the grief after Redcar. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bandits4eva said:

Between here and Glasgows Facebook page, there's a few! He took a fair bit of stick, as well as a couple of others, after the redcar defeat! 

Ah Facebook, now that's a different matter :D

• Haha 1

Faceache is full off self-entitled morons although there are a few who still live in the real world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Ace inexplicably took the grief after Redcar. 

I don't think a single educated person had anything bad to say against Ace, if they have any understanding of how averages work his average means he is Expected to score two points per meeting. He's doing that and improving.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

I don't think a single educated person had anything bad to say against Ace, if they have any understanding of how averages work his average means he is Expected to score two points per meeting. He's doing that and improving.

There's a few uneducated up there then as Mrs Pijper herself had to go on and remind people of his age and this being his 1st season!! 

I just think you lot should be happy with what you've got.... You've got a few underscoring and you're still able to win home and away! 

There's a few uneducated up there then as Mrs Pijper herself had to go on and remind people of his age and this being his 1st season!! 

I just think you lot should be happy with what you've got.... You've got a few underscoring and you're still able to win home and away! 

I think the majority are happy, but the realists amongst us can see that the chances of a trophy this year are none existent. 

Racing wise you will not get better racing anywhere else than what we get to see every Friday night.

• Like 4

He's a good young rider but a bit overrated in my opinion. Still one of the better 2 point riders in the league though and he's got a whole lot of time on his side.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nickinho said:

He's a good young rider but a bit overrated in my opinion. Still one of the better 2 point riders in the league though and he's got a whole lot of time on his side.

OK then name a rider aged 18 or under who is currently better. Despite him being only 16 there are only three riders in the under 19 final with higher averages, and all [the Thompsons and Mulford] are 19 this year.

4 hours ago, Bandits4eva said:

Yes there are a few uneducated as in most places.

Thankfully it is the minority.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nickinho said:

In what way is he overrated and by who. You say he is a good young rider, one of the better 2 point riders but despite that you think he is overrated, give me strength.

Having a look at the U21 lineup and have to say it's pretty good. Granted no absolute stand outs like bewley etc in the past but plenty similar level riders should make it really tight. Looking forward to see how ace gets on but wonder with it being at ashfield Connor might be favourite?

5 hours ago, Bandits4eva said:

I'm pretty sure Ace managed a nice 3rd place with a pass on the line against Redcar which was great to see. 

I would hope Mrs Pijper can steer clear from all social media when it comes to her son, but I appreciate that's a tricky balancing act.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Monarchs2468 said:

I'm pretty sure Ace managed a nice 3rd place with a pass on the line against Redcar which was great to see. 

I would hope Mrs Pijper can steer clear from all social media when it comes to her son, but I appreciate that's a tricky balancing act.

I agree regarding Mrs Pijper.Just ignore social media regarding Ace.Good or Bad.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

I think the majority are happy, but the realists amongst us can see that the chances of a trophy this year are none existent. 

Racing wise you will not get better racing anywhere else than what we get to see every Friday night.

Apart from Redcar & Scunthorpe where there has been some cracking racing this season

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

OK then name a rider aged 18 or under who is currently better. Despite him being only 16 there are only three riders in the under 19 final with higher averages, and all [the Thompsons and Mulford] are 19 this year.

Won't be far off ashton Boughen, Sam hagon also look much better on a bike 

• Like 1