British Speedway Forum

14 minutes ago, Gazc said:

So, 2022 will be published next May

That's a bit optimistic 

14 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Bearing in mind that play off and ko Cup meetings don't count towards final averages I would have thought those published for October are the final ones!?

There will be a little fine-tuning, to take any remaining Newcastle influence from the final tallies.  The currently-published 'final' averages will be pretty close to the actual figures, but must be awaited before we can be absolutely certain of every rider's CMA .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, crescent girl said:

There will be a little fine-tuning, to take any remaining Newcastle influence from the final tallies.  The currently-published 'final' averages will be pretty close to the actual figures, but must be awaited before we can be absolutely certain of every rider's CMA .

Averages should be easier to finalise than last season. Any rider who raced 10 league matches after racing Newcastle won't need their average changed.

From memory only Leicester and Redcar have Newcastle meetings in tbeir last ten meetings. 

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2022 at 11:41 AM, crescent girl said:

In the Premiership, 2 meetings were held on the 24th October & it was said that these 2 meetings were not to be included in final averages to avoid manipulation. Hence L Jakobsen signed for 2023 on his assessed 2022 average of 5.04 instead of an above 7 average after completing 3H 3A meetings. The same might apply in Championship.

16 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

In the Premiership, 2 meetings were held on the 24th October & it was said that these 2 meetings were not to be included in final averages to avoid manipulation. Hence L Jakobsen signed for 2023 on his assessed 2022 average of 5.04 instead of an above 7 average after completing 3H 3A meetings. The same might apply in Championship.

They just do their best to complicate matters.!!!

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

I have seen no evidence of this decision other than issue 19 of  being described as final.

So final we've since had issues 20 and 21.

And why weren't the last CL greensheets described as final? If this desicion was made then surely it would apply to both leagues.

I would be in favour of the move, but have seen no reference to it outside of discussion on the BSF.

I've just been sent the scunny team for next season..god knows how true it actually is but if it is it's a improvement on last year's with a few changes at the top and bottom and some usual suspects remaining 

On 11/2/2022 at 12:27 PM, IronScorpion said:

If that's the case then Tom B scoring 0 and Norick B scoring 2 for Belle Vue won't help them for next year.

Maybe change the rules again.

I never liked the idea of reducing the number of meetings to get a new average as some teams/riders at the top of the league reduced their averages by being in the play offs, where as Scunthorpe, who were pushing for that 6th spot, made changes to their team, because of injuries,  with the riders improving the team average by over 3.8 from August to September.

For this reason, riders could become unemployable in 2023 with talk of a reduced team average unless we revert to a more sustainable number of meetings of 20 when ALL meetings should count.

We have just seen that, in the Premiership, the 2 meetings on the 24th October should not count towards the averages in case of manipulation. Hence F Jakobsen is signed  on his assessed 2022 average of 5.04 even though he should have attained a new average after completing 3H 3A on a 7+ average.

2 hours ago, FishersGate said:

I've just been sent the scunny team for next season..god knows how true it actually is but if it is it's a improvement on last year's with a few changes at the top and bottom and some usual suspects remaining 

I take it there are Glasgow riders mentioned in the team you were sent and that’s why you’ve posted this on the Glasgow thread…..

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

I take it there are Glasgow riders mentioned in the team you were sent and that’s why you’ve posted this on the Glasgow thread…..

Think there will be a couple of Glasgow riders looking for aTeam Place elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

Woops wrong thread!! Apologies. No Glasgow riders from what I was told 

3 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

Woops wrong thread!! Apologies. No Glasgow riders from what I was told 

No worries, thanks for the reply…..