British Speedway Forum

55 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Contracts were only sent out in the last 7 days expect them to start being announced within the next week or so. Plenty time till the season starts no rush. 

I couldn’t make it last night as I had a prior commitment. Monarchs in the past have always engaged well with the fans but I feel this is not the case since the West Lothian Community stadium fell through. Rumours had been circling for weeks that Sam wouldn’t be back. They had the highlights night at Livingston last night but no mention about losing our skipper. Next day the news is released.

Why the secrecy?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Exactly.!

Until see everyone's line up going to be hard to judge. Only Berwick and the alleged Scunthorpe teams known so far, neither look that great but will any this season? It's only 2 points but will have a significant impact imo

6 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

I couldn’t make it last night as I had a prior commitment. Monarchs in the past have always engaged well with the fans but I feel this is not the case since the West Lothian Community stadium fell through. Rumours had been circling for weeks that Sam wouldn’t be back. They had the highlights night at Livingston last night but no mention about losing our skipper. Next day the news is released.

Why the secrecy?

They always wait till all 7 have signed till they start announcing hence nothing last night. With the Sam news being the only news to a move yet, probably didn’t want that to be the only bit of news to put a bit of a damper on the night.

56 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

I think it’ll be that except Lasse for Bailey. Assuming that fits?

I do like Lasse and he may well be favourite for the #2 spot - particularly as he is on our inventory, however I have never felt that he looked that comfortable on the Armadale track.  He was certainly good at Redcar for example and looked a lot more at ease there.  Having watched a few of Connor Bailey's races on his Facebook pages he would get the nod from me over Lasse.  One outstanding race at Poole holding off Rory Schlein for the win showed just what he is capable of.  It looks like 4.00 LF v. 4.35 CB as far as points go and out of choice I would go for the latter for 2023.

Edited by SlicktrackSandy

3 minutes ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

I do like Lasse and he may well be favourite for the #2 spot - particularly as he is on our inventory, however I have never felt that he looked that comfortable on the Armadale track.  He was certainly good at Redcar for example and looked a lot more at ease there.  Having watched a few of Connor Bailey's races on his Facebook pages he would get the nod from me over Lasse.  One outstanding race at Poole holding off Rory Schlein for the win showed just what he is capable of.  It looks like 4.00 LF v. 4.35 CB as far as points go and out of choice I would go for the latter for 2023.

Won’t be happening 

2 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

I’m not really sure what people are expecting for 40 points. 

Take a 2 pointer at 7 and you can build any team to match what was had in 2022 season??

1.Josh Pickering

2. Paul Starke

3. Kye Thomson

4.Paco

5.Craig Cook

6.Connor Bailey 

7.2 pointer 

39.93 I think 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Take a 2 pointer at 7 and you can build any team to match what was had in 2022 season??

1.Josh Pickering

2. Paul Starke

3. Kye Thomson

4.Paco

5.Craig Cook

6.Connor Bailey 

7.2 pointer 

39.93 I think 

Nathan Ablitt? If I remember correctly Edinburgh prob his best away performance. 

Edit - 3 paid 5 from 3 rides.

Edited by lisa-colette

2 hours ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

This would be my preference for a mix of experience, youth and potential for progression and come just within 40 ( I think )

Pickering

Bailey

Thomson

Castagna

Cook

Hook

Bickley

I believe all the above candidates are still available and it also allows us to keep 4 of our 2022 team plus 1 "old boy" as a bonus for losing Sam.

Do you think Bickley is worth a punt?

Got to agree with Mr Anderson that Lasse, having had a years experience of the track would be a better bet than Bailey while their away potential is probably about the same although Lasse has had less experience.

1 minute ago, cinderfella said:

Do you think Bickley is worth a punt?

Got to agree with Mr Anderson that Lasse, having had a years experience of the track would be a better bet than Bailey while their away potential is probably about the same although Lasse has had less experience.

Bickley is nailed on for Edinburgh 

55 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

1.Josh Pickering

2. Paul Starke

3. Kye Thomson

4.Paco

5.Craig Cook

6.Connor Bailey 

7.2 pointer 

39.93 I think 

Guess again

1 hour ago, Cast1rn said:

1.Josh Pickering

2. Paul Starke

3. Kye Thomson

4.Paco

5.Craig Cook

6.Connor Bailey 

7.2 pointer 

39.93 I think 

Has Paul Starke not announced his retirement stating "he's getting to old to bounce well" or words to that effect?

1 hour ago, Cast1rn said:

1.Josh Pickering

2. Paul Starke

3. Kye Thomson

4.Paco

5.Craig Cook

6.Connor Bailey 

7.2 pointer 

39.93 I think 

That’s weaker than the team we all think will be announced. 

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Nathan Ablitt? If I remember correctly Edinburgh prob his best away performance. 

Edit - 3 paid 5 from 3 rides.

Why wouldn't Nathan be at Poole? Surely, they'd want to hang on to him, as the two-pointer with a year's experience.

Picko

lasse

cook

paco

kye

hook

bickley 

although no sure about that team.

for me it fits, but would be pressure on too 3 again if that was the team. This 40 point is a pain in the backside really. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Noelinho said:

Why wouldn't Nathan be at Poole? Surely, they'd want to hang on to him, as the two-pointer with a year's experience.

If we need a two pointer sure. But maybe more strength in depth next season.