British Speedway Forum

10 hours ago, Noelinho said:

Why wouldn't Nathan be at Poole? Surely, they'd want to hang on to him, as the two-pointer with a year's experience.

Maybe Poole are not going for a 2 pointer this time around?

As for Nathan he lives in the deep south and relies on his father to take time off work to ferry him around. Edinburgh is a long long way for home meetings!!

21 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

As for Nathan he lives in the deep south and relies on his father to take time off work to ferry him around. Edinburgh is a long long way for home meetings!!

Like most of our NL products , Eastbourne closing caused a major problem. 

22 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Only way Nathan will be riding at Edinburgh is as a away rider.

7 hours ago, Girdy17 said:

Picko

lasse

cook

paco

kye

hook

bickley 

although no sure about that team.

for me it fits, but would be pressure on too 3 again if that was the team. This 40 point is a pain in the backside really. 

Depends if Kye and Paco can show more consistency especially away from home. They were up and down more than  a fiddler’s elbow last season. Can’t think of many meetings where they both clicked in the same match.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Until see everyone's line up going to be hard to judge. Only Berwick and the alleged Scunthorpe teams known so far, neither look that great but will any this season? It's only 2 points but will have a significant impact imo

It was rumoured it was going to be 38 pts

8 hours ago, Girdy17 said:

This 40 point is a pain in the backside really. 

When you consider Poole, Leicester and Glasgow are going to drop 4, 5 and 6 points respectively from their final score next year it just shows how much speedway is being diluted.

My thoughts are the league winners final average should be the building point for the next season so teams are improving. Maybe we would get some loyalty and riders returning the next year.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cinderfella said:

When you consider Poole, Leicester and Glasgow are going to drop 4, 5 and 6 points respectively from their final score next year it just shows how much speedway is being diluted.

My thoughts are the league winners final average should be the building point for the next season so teams are improving. Maybe we would get some loyalty and riders returning the next year.

There would be quite a few riders without a place on averages between 2 & 4.

Only way to get loyalty is discount the riders average at the team building stage(10%)

2 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Why have Poole got to drop 4 points? They finished on 43 points with any Brits still to get the 2.5% reduction.

21 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

Take a 2 pointer at 7 and you can build any team to match what was had in 2022 season??

1.Josh Pickering

2. Paul Starke

3. Kye Thomson

4.Paco

5.Craig Cook

6.Connor Bailey 

7.2 pointer 

39.93 I think 

I would be delighted with this team, thanks for putting this together.

1 minute ago, Monarchs2468 said:

I would be delighted with this team, thanks for putting this together.

Decent enough team apart from the fact that I thought Starke had retired.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, screm said:

Decent enough team apart from the fact that I thought Starke had retired.

*my laughing emoji was removed* that would definitely put a dent in my hopes. Just as well my gold membership doesn't rely on projections. 

6 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Depends if Kye and Paco can show more consistency especially away from home. They were up and down more than  a fiddler’s elbow last season. Can’t think of many meetings where they both clicked in the same match.

Will Paco be back.?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Why have Poole got to drop 4 points? They finished on 43 points with any Brits still to get the 2.5% reduction.

Sorry Poole did finish on just over 43 so it would indeed be just 3pts they have to shed.

31 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Sorry Poole did finish on just over 43 so it would indeed be just 3pts they have to shed.

When you take the 2.5% reductions off it's nearer 2pts so really not much

• Like 2