British Speedway Forum

7 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Bickley seems to have followed a similar career trajectory as jack Thomas until 2 years ago. Jack signed for us as a teenager and looked a prospect but stagnated as a 2/3 pointer for 3/4 years. Penny seemed to drop at Birmingham in 2021 and looks a totally different rider nowadays (on steal of an average too imo).

Hopefully same thing happens with Kyle, might never be world champion but sure can have a decent career at it 

he was never a prospect he only relied on the name never showed any promise on track 

36 minutes ago, davie10 said:

he was never a prospect he only relied on the name never showed any promise on track 

Are you think of a different Jack?

41 minutes ago, davie10 said:

So I imagined him winning the FIM Youth Gold Trophy did I?

Of course he was a prospect.

(And he undoubtedly has failed to live up to early expectations)

3 minutes ago, arnieg said:

So I imagined him winning the FIM Youth Gold Trophy did I?

Of course he was a prospect.

(And he undoubtedly has failed to live up to early expectations)

I think part of the problem was the public perception of him coming across as a cocky wee git especially when the photograph of him making hand gestures when he was captain of the BV Colts surfaced. I've heard stories from other riders, mechanics etc who find an arrogance about him but I'm sure the Edinburgh Promotion are more than capable of handling that.

He undoubted lost direction when he lost his grandfather but that was few years ago now and perhaps he should have found another mentor to get him back on track (no pun intended)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davie10 said:

Think you've got your jack's crossed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cinderfella said:

I think part of the problem was the public perception of him coming across as a cocky wee git especially when the photograph of him making hand gestures when he was captain of the BV Colts surfaced. I've heard stories from other riders, mechanics etc who find an arrogance about him but I'm sure the Edinburgh Promotion are more than capable of handling that.

He undoubted lost direction when he lost his grandfather but that was few years ago now and perhaps he should have found another mentor to get him back on track (no pun intended)

I have only known and dealt with Kyle since late in last year & absolutely no hint of arrogance about him as far as I am concerned.  That is one of the reasons I sponsored him this year, ahead of a couple of others who were initially higher up my list, but couldn't be bothered with me when I first tried to contact them.

• Like 1

Kyle must be the only rider in Championship  to have 3 FULL SEASONS at reserve with the Clubs he has been signed by.Really needs to start showing more if he wants to go somewhere in the sport.Also season in Poland u/24 league.Not many young riders get these chances.

• Like 1

Iv never really seen the hype with bickley, there is no natural ability, he just looks like a kid that has had a lot of track time, he rides the bike around instead of racing it round. Imo he won't progress from his current level. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Midget said:

Iv never really seen the hype with bickley, there is no natural ability, he just looks like a kid that has had a lot of track time, he rides the bike around instead of racing it round. Imo he won't progress from his current level. 

I wholeheartedly agree.

I think confidence has a lot to do with it. At NDL level he knows he has the beating of anyone but at after ht 2 at CL level his mind has him beat before the tapes are up.

Considering his time at BV with the Colts all the signs were surely there when The Aces didn't stick with him.

3 hours ago, cinderfella said:

I wholeheartedly agree.

I think confidence has a lot to do with it. At NDL level he knows he has the beating of anyone but at after ht 2 at CL level his mind has him beat before the tapes are up.

Considering his time at BV with the Colts all the signs were surely there when The Aces didn't stick with him.

he's beat top cl riders even last year he did, he knows himself that has to be more often all the ability is there I personally feel he has to more aggressive.

3 minutes ago, mc131 said:

he's beat top cl riders even last year he did, he knows himself that has to be more often all the ability is there I personally feel he has to more aggressive.

Given the strength of reserves in the league he is a good signing though.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

I agree 

20 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Think you've got your jack's crossed

yup my bad hey we all make em eh lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Or if they do better him this year (i think most will) then it doesnt look to good for him 

5 hours ago, mc131 said:

The guy must be highly encouraged after reading all these pages of tripe !  The lad is only 20 y.o. still - all that is history. Let's see what he can do in 2023 with our guys to help him along.

• Like 1