British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, cinderfella said:

Why the hell are we,the paying fans, putting up with our sport being diluted by those who actually run it and yet will probably expect us to pay more?

I am honestly having a serious think about which meeting I will attend next season and although only a single individual whose presence won't be missed at least I know I'm voting with my feet (and wallet)

Maybe if more fans did the same in an organised manner promoters may come to respect fans and their income?

I have the same feelings.I know others who are in the same boat.We’re just “ forum fannies” though they don’t need our cash.They will be telling us they are having to turn people away next no doubt.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Scunny look stronger than most especially if as rumoured the last 2 named are Allen and Douglas!!! Strongest reserve named so far in Kennedy and a Number 1 as good as any! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Why the hell are we,the paying fans, putting up with our sport being diluted by those who actually run it and yet will probably expect us to pay more?

I am honestly having a serious think about which meeting I will attend next season and although only a single individual whose presence won't be missed at least I know I'm voting with my feet (and wallet)

Maybe if more fans did the same in an organised manner promoters may come to respect fans and their income?

Sadly the hardcore seem to be the happy clappers who will gobble up whatever is served and roll out the “keyboard warriors” or “people always moan” lines when challenged. All the while digging deeper in their own pockets to pay a silly amount for a worse product year on year. 

A protest of sorts may make an impact but I’m sure the aforementioned fans would never back it. Then the crowds wouldn’t suffer much at all because the fans who’d vote with their feet largely already have done so. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Scunny look stronger than most especially if as rumoured the last 2 named are Allen and Douglas!!! Strongest reserve named so far in Kennedy and a Number 1 as good as any! 

A good strength in depth side 

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

And they'll still be rubbish on the road. 

23 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

And they'll still be rubbish on the road. 

We will always savour 2019 when we won 37-53 at  Ashfield though.:rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/11/2022 at 8:56 PM, SlicktrackSandy said:

Most would be happy with that team I would have thought.  Doubt if we could have done much better without a major upheaval which nobody would have wanted. If Lasse gets himself a bit more comfortable with the Armadale turns next year we could do o.k.  He looked really fast at Redcar.   Almost certainly good enough for top 6  and maybe even go at least as far as this year.  

Think it did need major surgery, your talking about a team that's built to almost half a point under the points limit and includes to returning assessed 4 point riders who failed to reach that average in 2022. There's loads of 4-5 point riders without a team.

No idea why you'd want Paco Castagna back, signed to be your third heat leader and ended with a 4.93 rolling average. Like someone said, seemed to wait until heat 14 before performing.

Lasse Fredricksen averaged 3.50 in 2022, although he was riding at No2.

Jacob Hook averaged 2.78 at reserve, although he did show in flashes there was potential, so I can see why you would bring him back

No interest in bringing Drew Kemp back? Looks like no one wants him.

4 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Yeah,,, well spare a thoughts for those that will turn up for all meetings. 

They'll probably end up paying even more the following season, cos the likes of you that carn't be arsed!!! ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Think it did need major surgery, your talking about a team that's built to almost half a point under the points limit and includes to returning assessed 4 point riders who failed to reach that average in 2022. There's loads of 4-5 point riders without a team.

No idea why you'd want Paco Castagna back, signed to be your third heat leader and ended with a 4.93 rolling average. Like someone said, seemed to wait until heat 14 before performing.

Lasse Fredricksen averaged 3.50 in 2022, although he was riding at No2.

Jacob Hook averaged 2.78 at reserve, although he did show in flashes there was potential, so I can see why you would bring him back

No interest in bringing Drew Kemp back? Looks like no one wants him.

Paco was signed for the middle order was never signed to be 3rd heat leader. That job is for Kye.

12 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Touché

Beaten by Simon Lambert and a heavy track, as I recall

14 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Awful conditions that night, and I'm sure that one match is the reason they try to call things off early now, but it was a good win all the same.

Wait which thread is this?!

6 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Paco was signed for the middle order was never signed to be 3rd heat leader. That job is for Kye.

Think Paco started the 2022 season third in the averages.

I'm sure Kye will do a good job in 2023, certainly not going to challenged for 3rd heatleader

That's their choice.

I've followed speedway for over 50 years and watched it been totally decayed by mismanagement and greed over the years.

British Speedway has gone from being the jewel in the crown that riders from every nation wanted to ride with 20 teams in the top division all featuring at least one, if not two,  WORLD CLASS riders down to a Mickey Mouse level where even top Brits are posted missing.

The BSPA oversee year after year of embarrassing errors and as long as promoters own team come out smelling of roses then that's OK.

The only way British Speedway will grow and improve is when a totally independent administration takes control.

And if I can't be arsed then maybe it's because I have finally got my priorities sorted.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, cinderfella said:

That's their choice.

I've followed speedway for over 50 years and watched it been totally decayed by mismanagement and greed over the years.

British Speedway has gone from being the jewel in the crown that riders from every nation wanted to ride with 20 teams in the top division all featuring at least one, if not two,  WORLD CLASS riders down to a Mickey Mouse level where even top Brits are posted missing.

The BSPA oversee year after year of embarrassing errors and as long as promoters own team come out smelling of roses then that's OK.

The only way British Speedway will grow and improve is when a totally independent administration takes control.

And if I can't be arsed then maybe it's because I have finally got my priorities sorted.

Fully agree.

Each and every off season, fans hope things behind the scenes have a huge shake up and things are promised yet nothing ever improves, only gets worse.

Its alarming how bad the sport has became in the UK now whilst other motorsports seem to be thriving.

• Like 2