British Speedway Forum
Bunce

Mildenhall v Leicester Double Header. Sunday 23rd October.

15 hours ago, Redtruck said:

I see Jason edwards is named in kings lynn line up for the pairs meeting at bell vue Thursday 

Now been confirmed - Ben Morley guesting

So how many attending at Sheffield* would be bothered if Edwards wasn't there for his one riide? None I'd wager.

But how many thinking of attending Mildenhall will be disappointed by the news and might even consider not attending?

Edit: * of course I mean Belle Vue

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, arnieg said:

So how many attending at Sheffield would be bothered if Edwards wasn't there for his one riide? None I'd wager.

But how many thinking of attending Mildenhall will be disappointed by the news and might even consider not attending?

The sport is really getting beyond farcical these days.Crazy decisions are common.

And BSPL U-turning faster than Liz Truss!

• Haha 1

The middle of the Fens at midnight a couple of nights before Halloween is the last place I'd want to be! 

Its just a ridiculous situation to be in and  missing the number 1 just tops it off. 

• Like 1

How about as a compromise and Jason sits on a roundabout near Coventry for the evening.

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

So how many attending at Sheffield would be bothered if Edwards wasn't there for his one riide? None I'd wager.

1 ride at Belle Vue or ride at no.1 for Mildenhall, get 10 rides and help your club in two major trophy meetings. A no brainer real, eh?

Is there a reason this is starting at 7.45 instead of say 7 at the latest. Just seems madness to me

• Like 1

3 hours ago, False dawn said:

1 ride at Belle Vue or ride at no.1 for Mildenhall, get 10 rides and help your club in two major trophy meetings. A no brainer real, eh?

Yet another "National Title" that gets devalued by the very organisation that runs them...

If they dont take them seriously, then why expect the fans to...

No real point attending the "qualifiers" throughout the season is there, when the finals dont seem to matter.. 

Given that Sheffield have a meeting in November why can’t Mildenhall pick a Saturday or Sunday in early/mid November to run these meetings rather than a off night when few will bother to traipse across country to watch late night speedway?

Feel for the riders as well as the supporters who deserve more respect. Says it all about how the sport is run in this country and those in charge who continually stick two fingers up at all and sundry. They will only learn if fans boycott meetings but that will not happen but collectively supporters need to do something to teach these morons a lesson.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hawk127 said:

Given that Sheffield have a meeting in November why can’t Mildenhall pick a Saturday or Sunday in early/mid November to run these meetings rather than a off night when few will bother to traipse across country to watch late night speedway?

Feel for the riders as well as the supporters who deserve more respect. Says it all about how the sport is run in this country and those in charge who continually stick two fingers up at all and sundry. They will only learn if fans boycott meetings but that will not happen but collectively supporters need to do something to teach these morons a lesson.

I think 1000's of fans of the sport already "boycott" meetings each week...

What you have left are the true die hards who will accept any Speedway put in front of them, regardless of whether it is a credible offering, has integrity, or is even worth winning...

Luckily for the promoters, "just enough" of these people will never stop going, meaning promoters can carry on season in, season out, running the sport the way they want...

A pity...

It wouldn't take any more money at all to run the sport properly, and would get a fair few thousand more "lapsed fans" through the turnstiles each season too I would suggest...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mikebv said:

I think 1000's of fans of the sport already "boycott" meetings each week...

What you have left are the true die hards who will accept any Speedway put in front of them, regardless of whether it is a credible offering, has integrity, or is even worth winning...

Luckily for the promoters, "just enough" of these people will never stop going, meaning promoters can carry on season in, season out, running the sport the way they want...

A pity...

It wouldn't take any more money at all to run the sport properly, and would get a fair few thousand more "lapsed fans" through the turnstiles each season too I would suggest...

Just a start but a decent fixture planner may help, I'm sure more would go to finals than will on cold damp November night

• Like 1

On 10/26/2022 at 2:13 PM, False dawn said:

12 rides, Mildenhall are running r/r

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Six falls in the first four heats.....