British Speedway Forum
Monarchs2468

World Cup - Wroclaw July 2023

6 minutes ago, stewmac said:

He's announced as fit for Friday night and racing for Leszno against Grudziadz, so every chance he could make it if the Aussies decide to use him. 

Thanks mate, I hope he is good for the qualifiers and final. 

• Like 1

Teams have nominated up to 10 riders for the Semi`s- these must be whittled down to the 5 who will take part 6 days before Semi 1.

2023 MONSTER ENERGY FIM SPEEDWAY WORLD CUP SQUADS 

SEMI-FINAL 1: TUESDAY, JULY 25 

GREAT BRITAIN: Tai Woffinden (captain), Robert Lambert, Dan Bewley, Tom Brennan, Adam Ellis, Chris Harris, Anders Rowe, Steve Worrall. TEAM MANAGERS: Oliver Allen and Simon Stead. 

SWEDEN: Fredrik Lindgren (captain), Jacob Thorssell, Filip Hjelmland, Oliver Berntzon, Kim Nilsson, Antonio Lindback, Philip Hellstrom-Bangs, Victor Palovaara, Daniel Henderson, Anton Karlsson. TEAM MANAGER: Morgan Andersson. 

CZECH REPUBLIC: Vaclav Milik (captain), Jan Kvech, Eduard Krcmar, Petr Chlupac, Daniel Klima, Hynek Stichauer, Josef Franc, Matous Kamenik, Jaroslav Vanicek, Jan Jenicek. TEAM MANAGER: Zdenek Schneiderwind. 

GERMANY: Martin Smolinski, Kevin Wolbert, Kai Huckenbeck (captain), Norick Blodorn, Michael Hartel, Erik Riss, Marius Hillebrand, Sandro Wassermann, Rene Deddens, Erik Bachhuber. TEAM MANAGERS: Sascha Dorner and Mathias Bartz. 

SEMI-FINAL 2: WEDNESDAY, JULY 26 

AUSTRALIA: Ryan Douglas, Jason Doyle (captain), Max Fricke, Chris Holder, Jack Holder, Brady Kurtz, Jaimon Lidsey, Sam Masters, Keynan Rew and Rohan Tungate. TEAM MANAGER: Mark Lemon. 

DENMARK: Leon Madsen (captain), Mikkel Michelsen, Anders Thomsen, Nicki Pedersen, Rasmus Jensen, Michael Jepsen Jensen, Mads Hansen, Frederik Jakobsen, Nicolai Klindt, Andreas Lyager Hansen. TEAM MANAGER: Nicki Pedersen. 

FINLAND: Timo Lahti (captain), Jesse Mustonen, Antti Vuolas, Timi Salonen, Nicce Sayrio, Tero Aarnio, Ronni Niemela, Joni Laukkanen, Henri Ahlbom, Topi Mustonen. TEAM MANAGER: Aki-Pekka Mustonen. 

FRANCE: David Bellego (captain), Dimitri Berge, Mathieu Tresarrieu, Steven Goret, Mathias Tresarrieu, Jordan Dubernard, Tino Bouin. TEAM MANAGER: Laurent Sambarrey. 

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

Nicki Picking himself in the squad is fantastic!

Rowe over Wright seems an odd one unless he didn’t fancy it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DJC said:

Nicki Picking himself in the squad is fantastic!

Rowe over Wright seems an odd one unless he didn’t fancy it. 

It`s not strictly over 1 against the other as GB are 2 riders short of naming the max number they could have done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

It`s not strictly over 1 against the other as GB are 2 riders short of naming the max number they could have done.

The absence of Richard Lawson is a surprise as his Premiership average is only bettered by Bewley.

The final 4 in the team will likely include Rowe as the track reserve.

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The absence of Richard Lawson is a surprise as his Premiership average is only bettered by Bewley.

The final 4 in the team will likely include Rowe as the track reserve.

why would Rowe be the reserve?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, eric i said:

No Charles Wright???? must be a good explanation for this.

id like to know too

On 12/22/2022 at 2:53 PM, racers and royals said:

Jason Doyle won’t be there as he has today announced that he is quitting riding for Australia.

I see he's unquit

I cannot understand why Wright & Lawson weren't picked, especially as they could be the 9th & 10th named riders?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I cannot understand why Wright & Lawson weren't picked, especially as they could be the 9th & 10th named riders?

It seems that the 'management' have gone with riders who are riding or have ridden in Poland

To me the Wroclaw track is as close as any in the world to Belle Vue. They are verey similar.  Therefore the big 3 pick themselves and you may as well of had Brennan and Wright.  Brennan

Likely to be picked anyway.  Surprising about Wright tbh, but if we're honest he'd struggle against the big teams as will all the others top 3 apart.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Shockster said:

To me the Wroclaw track is as close as any in the world to Belle Vue. They are verey similar.  Therefore the big 3 pick themselves and you may as well of had Brennan and Wright.  Brennan

Likely to be picked anyway.  Surprising about Wright tbh, but if we're honest he'd struggle against the big teams as will all the others top 3 apart.

I agree Wroclaw is a big flat out racers track like Belle Vue so why Steve Worrall who is gater and never really excelled when he rode for Belle Vue (probably why why he moved on). I would have even gone for Danny King over Steve Worrall.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1