British Speedway Forum
Monarchs2468

World Cup - Wroclaw July 2023

Tatum erm ah um erm over to talk to er um lets talk to Doyle. To me he looked like Nicki Pederson

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

While Poole’s track isn’t as good as the BV circuit, the racing would still be good and there would be a bigger crowd. If you want an atmosphere, hold it at Wimborne Road. 

Touché! 

No, Foxhall is the place, holds 10k and would serve up some great racing and atmosphere. ;)

A) This Forum is populated by quite a number of miserable whinging Poms. 

B Like the idea of Final being 1st SF winner, 2nd SF winner, and top two of Race-Off including home nation (have to work out how to seed countries though). 

C Better live here than watching on the TV with as stated crap coverage. Reasonable crowd here tonight, close to sellout tomorrow for final (260 of the expensive seats and 276 standing tickets left on bilety.wts.pl). Got my very nice start line tickets and can't wait. 

D Crappy competitive racing tonight agreed, but Aussies into the Final strongly, take that any day. We'd have to be a tenth of a chance to win if we are racing as well tomorrow night?

E Track is starting to wear in well, not sure what some forum members still bagging the track for. 

• Like 1

I’ve seen worse meetings and worse tracks. But I think I’d have turned it off earlier on if I hadn’t had a bet on France to score over 19 points. 

Wasn’t much of a contest but that can happen in sport. Hopefully tomorrow is more competitive. 

4 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Touché! 

No, Foxhall is the place, holds 10k and would serve up some great racing and atmosphere. ;)

When has Foxhall ever served up great racing 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Looks like Poland have named their 5 early- exact riding order not yet named

Zmarzlik

Janowski

Dudek

Kubera

Kolodziej

No surprises whatsoever. A major croak for them not to win it.

8 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

When has Foxhall ever served up great racing 

Not usually when Peterborough in town :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Such a poor meeting with one decent heat so far. Berge is a third heat leader/second string in the Championship. Had a good meeting tonight but worthy of a place in the U.K? Doubt it.

Chris Holder, Poole legend, shows how it’s done. Best heat of the night by Pirates own boy.

So you are thick or a troll?

You either have no knowledge of the sport or just post for a reaction like a child would ….. Berge doing as well as Kurtz in Poland … makes him top league class over here ….

so are you lacking in intelligence or trolling?

52 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Agree. The two qualifiers should be in GB and/or  Denmark/Sweden/CZ. If the GB round had been at Poole or BV we would have had a good/decent crowd.  But it was played out in front of 200 people, including freebies/mechanics. Think the Poles wouldn’t have turned up even if the gates were wide open and a freebie. This comp is a dead duck.

Sorry … Poole … gate and go … in the same breath as Belle Vue …. Lol twit

28 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

While Poole’s track isn’t as good as the BV circuit, the racing would still be good and there would be a bigger crowd. If you want an atmosphere, hold it at Wimborne Road. 

Racing would be awful and crap atmosphere…

Troll troll troll 

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Shocking rubbish SWC this year. Beyond garbage. Been watching Scunthorpe v Brum and it’s far better racing.

Certainly good racing at Scunny.

53 minutes ago, ozzie said:

E Track is starting to wear in well, not sure what some forum members still bagging the track for. 

Racing improved tonight after the tractor with the spikes spent considerably time on it after the normal two graders (drag loose material from outside to in) and the bowser had been around.

Just as it did after that occurred at semi final 1.  They never did so during semi final 2.

So did team GB make hard work of Sweden?  Swedes, Lindback aside were poor tonight. 

Edited by Col

I assume Kolodziej isn't as good at Wroclaw as he is at Leszno?

57 minutes ago, ozzie said:

B Like the idea of Final being 1st SF winner, 2nd SF winner, and top two of Race-Off including home nation (have to work out how to seed countries though). 

C Better live here than watching on the TV with as stated crap coverage. Reasonable crowd here tonight, close to sellout tomorrow for final (260 of the expensive seats and 276 standing tickets left on bilety.wts.pl). Got my very nice start line tickets and can't wait. 

D Crappy competitive racing tonight agreed, but Aussies into the Final strongly, take that any day. We'd have to be a tenth of a chance to win if we are racing as well tomorrow night?

You enjoy the final mate . I hope for some cracking racing and that the poles don’t have it all their way 

22 minutes ago, ozzie said:

Constructive input but it does not help that as one of the uninitiated from the Southern Hemisphere the feedback for the poor meetings is less than clear and not base on fact but for someone with delusional ideas from a second rate nation leaves the rest of the world wondering what planet the Aussie supporters are on. Is it also any wonder why no one can find a suitable home or is prepared to underwrite a Southern Hemisphere GP with Australia failing miserably to step up and do the right thing. Only your migrants who saw the light and are prepared to put themselves out to race in Europe have any chance of flying the flag while the rest of the world looks on at the wombats with mixed feelings. The sport has more chance of holding a meet in North Korea than anywhere in Australia. Aussies may well do a decent job on Saturday but in reality the only the Poles who are streets ahead and team GB stand any chance of winning 

Track not as slick as some make out. Dirt line seemed to move towards the outside as the night went on and wasn't all around the inside like previous rounds. I thought there was a couple of good races Chris Holder coming from third to first and Lindgren coming from the back to win were my favourite races of the night. The final should be much more competitive than tonight and also much larger crowd and better atmosphere. 

Screenshot_20230728-231740_Gallery.jpg