British Speedway Forum
Monarchs2468

World Cup - Wroclaw July 2023

5 minutes ago, martinmauger said:

So close, obv bit disappointed but GB had the Poles worried.  In their own back yard.  That takes some doing....

Tbh worst polish side in years on current form! Except  the world champ lol 

Edited by pubichair

Just now, nw42 said:

How could we have had Ellis in more than Tom? We were never 6points behind, both were in the main body of the team.

By replacing Tom in more races.

Brilliant effort from all the lads..

Tom and Adam gave it everything and can hold their heads up high..

Track, at last, worthy of the event..

And. Great to see Phil on TV so much..

Welll done Poland...

1 minute ago, phillipsr said:

Ashton Boughen and Luke Harrison….. we will dominate in 10 years 

And how’s it looking in the next 3/4 years?

Same old GB... Boris Becker once said, the difference between the English and the Germans is...Germans were scared of losing, but the Brits are scared winning... work it out fir yourself!' Useless!

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Absolute brain dead aren’t you….. we didn’t throw it away we got beat it happens 

Lambert awesome all night …. Did you not see him GO AROUND THE OUTSIDE OF KUBERA

Woffy basically scored his Gp average 

Bewley may have expected more than 9 and only winning one race

Ellis did better and Tom will gain from this 

Possibly could have had Ellis in instead of Tom more but thats hindsight 

Janowkski 7 and Dudek 6 on home turf and you expected Tai to get what 10???

Please stop posting you are embarrassing yourself 

Tom may well gain from this but his inclusion in the team was a mistake, there were better riders.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, midlandred said:

It’s better isn’t it?

Dunno. Can't remember ours.

• Haha 2

Gutted.

Obviously Woffy dipped after 2 race wins to score just one further point, BUt I doubt there was any lack of effort.

Tactics of using Bewley at reserve proved to be very wrong.   Not having a ride between heats 5 and 16 was poor decision making, and cost us the momentum and the lead.  It was downhill then.

Ellis and Brennan didn't let us down, in fact Ellis did better than I expected.

Bewley and Lambert are 2 top world class riders.

For many years we had no world class GP rider.   Then Woffy was our only world class rider.   Now we have 3 world class riders.  We just need 2 more.  Brennan is making progress.   We need the likes of Flint, Thompson, Kemp, Gilkes, Jenkins, Edwards, Hagon, Boughen et al to push on and join them.

Congratulations to Poland

Lambert, Bewley and Zmarzlik for me the cream of the crop, It seems towards the end we made a few naive decisions in races that cost us dearly . Ellis and Brennan can hold their heads high, they've done their  best.  There seemed to me to be a definite change in the track after the halfway mark. and we just didn't cope with it in the second half.

Best meeting I've seen for a long long time and to see the great man there as well made it a night to remember

• Like 2

Fantastic meeting every rider had their moments.No complaints from me. Bartosz is the best rider in the World as tonight proved,fearless and sheer class.

• Like 2

I've been fast losing interest with speedway this year but I was screaming at the TV tonight. Cracking sport when they get it right. Such a shame our leagues are run embarrassingly. I fear Robert and Dan will have no back up in the years to come 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jrs said:

Congratulations to Poland

Lambert, Bewley and Zmarzlik for me the cream of the crop, It seems towards the end we made a few naive decisions in races that cost us dearly . Ellis and Brennan can hold their heads high, they've done their  best.  There seemed to me to be a definite change in the track after the halfway mark. and we just didn't cope with it in the second half.

Best meeting I've seen for a long long time and to see the great man there as well made it a night to remember

What Phil Morris lol

Pity this rain didn't come earlier. Even God hates us.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Grachan said:

By replacing Tom in more races.

With who? Bewley was limited to 6 rides as reserve.  Maybe I'm wrong but surely they couldn't just take Tom out and put Adam in, unless 6points down.

1 minute ago, nw42 said:

With who? Bewley was limited to 6 rides as reserve.  Maybe I'm wrong but surely they couldn't just take Tom out and put Adam in, unless 6points down.

Correct