British Speedway Forum
Monarchs2468

World Cup - Wroclaw July 2023

28 minutes ago, keepturningleft said:

Just when you are about give up on speedway, along comes a meeting like this.

Fantastic stuff from 4 evenly matched teams all giving it their very best.

All four teams were winners and a triumph for the sport of speedway.

Good words .... 

I think some have mentioned it was surprising to let Janowski have the last race but although he ran a last earlier I dont see they had any other option, they had to put Zmarslik in heat 19 because Bewley and Madsen were in it, the strange one was dropping Dudek when Kolodziej had not been used all night, if he intended that he should of given him a race earlier. 

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

I think some have mentioned it was surprising to let Janowski have the last race but although he ran a last earlier I dont see they had any other option, they had to put Zmarslik in heat 19 because Bewley and Madsen were in it, the strange one was dropping Dudek when Kolodziej had not been used all night, if he intended that he should of given him a race earlier. 

That is not really the way it worked, GB had the the last choice....Zmarzlik and Madsen were already in heat 19......could have been any GB rider in that heat. It was manager's choice.

53 minutes ago, andout said:

That is not really the way it worked, GB had the the last choice....Zmarzlik and Madsen were already in heat 19......could have been any GB rider in that heat. It was manager's choice.

Anyone could have guessed it would be Bewley.

Great meeting, well done Poland and all the teams all went down to fine margins, in the beginning it looked like a dogfight between GB and Poland , so well done to the Aussies and Denmark for keeping it close.

It was evident that changes would be made in the nominated heats for Denmark and GB .

Only six points between first and fourth , just shows how even the teams were.

1 hour ago, Speedwaycrazy said:

A favour please?

Does anyone know how I can watch last nights World Cup Final on catch up/  replay [please?

Here's hoping.....

Thanks in advance

Find the VK link posted just around 7pm last evening on page 59  - that is also the video.

Edited by racers and royals

Had a great time. Last night the racing was vastly improved from previous rounds. The atmosphere was fantastic and our lads gave it a real good go. Yes it was a shame as we nearly had it but I think second place still deserves respect. The Polish fans that we sat around were very friendly and were very interested in us. For my first time in Poland I had a great weekend and certainly will be back. The only complaint for me was the queues at the bar and the painfully slow beer tap! 

• Like 3

Does anyone know what the prize money was for this year's World Cup and how it was divided up? The dynamic duo made vague references to prize money without being specific!

1 hour ago, Happy Hunter said:

Does anyone know what the prize money was for this year's World Cup and how it was divided up? The dynamic duo made vague references to prize money without being specific!

Google Speedway World cup 2023 rules and the FIM rulebook has it in there.

Blink and you missed it but there was a small bit of action on the local Lincolnshire/Yorkshire BBC News tonight featuring Tai Woffinden!

4 hours ago, Speedwaycrazy said:

A favour please?

Does anyone know how I can watch last nights World Cup Final on catch up/  replay [please?

Here's hoping.....

Thanks in advance

Discovery+ app on either smart Tv or iPad etc - you can watch the entire meeting!

it was great night of racing - just fell short - never understand why people don’t get the point about belief / mental toughness it’s what separates the elite in all areas of life!! 

Edited by GeneralMelchett

11 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

During the TV pre amble Kelvin and Ricko has an exchange and stated that all the riders were capable and the differences in lap times were minimal

They stated be a World Champion the difference was likely to be that mental strength and belief that you would win

In the last block of heats that's what it came down too and is why the Poles won

Kubera pulled out a win that hadn't seemed likely. Zmarzlik and Magic both produces passes to pick up places that really shouldn't have been possible

GB however didn't deliver even the one barnstormer required despite having four goes at it and therefore fell just short

They didn't bottle it, they didn't fail - both those viewpoints are frankly a little ridiculous

They simply weren't quite good enough 

Spot on - although a future world champ would learn from this and use it to their advantage for the future! Out of early disappointment comes success often! 

Great meeting last night, more than made up for the very poor semi’s and run offs earlier in the week. GB came so close but were let down by “Mr Ego” and the Danes did far better than I thought too (also let down by their Mr Ego!!!!)

We should have this format every year, not just once in three i.m.o.