British Speedway Forum
Monarchs2468

World Cup - Wroclaw July 2023

31 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Daniel Smith is becoming more and more like Basso Racing Fan every day,where he always posts to get a reaction from people.Blaming Lambert tonight,that probably stems back from when he rode for Lynn and we know Daniel hates most things Lynn now.Most of his posts you have to laugh at now,although rarely he does post some sensible things.

Love Lynn, dislike how it's being run, 2 different things. 

Lambert was having a great night then decided to curb crawl, maybe he felt the pressure but he most certainly shouldn't have been beat by Janowski how he was. 

The biggest let down was Woffinden. 

I expected us to finish 3rd, but going in to those last 4 heats, being able to use Bewley twice, we should not have been beaten, absolutely not. 

I'm allowed to be angry for losing that. Those last 4 heats, we should have won it. 

Thoroughly enjoyed that, fantastic speedway meeting that had a bit of everything.

I don't think the GB boys can be faulted at all really, they gave everything and pushed the Poles right to the limit in their own back yard. Bloody Max Fricke though! 

One or two people embarrassing themselves on here tonight, let's give them the benefit of the doubt and say that their accounts are parodies. They just have to be.

As has been said the event needs two or three venues next year, not just one. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jonny the spud said:

Well if you’ve been listening to the “experts” on here we’d be incredibly lucky to get a bronze, Adam will score none and Woffy  double figures. 

That's why I don't listen to them!

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Gutted. Lambert nearly got the lead and Janowski was nearly at the back. So, so close. The failure,of GB to pick the strongest team, and Woffinden getting two last places has cost us at the death.

We must applaud all of the Team GB riders for a great effort. Silver medal is a result for GB. No doubt about it. We just need two riders to come through. 

What’s the strongest team then?

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Why dont they just say that? 

If GB nominated Bewley as reserve in heat 17 and heat 19, then he got injured in heat 17 somehow, we then couldn't put Ellis back in. By nominating Ellis for heat 19, we kept the option of Ellis riding open, just in case...

:)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Not if you have Smarzlik in your Team

Even he was beaten tonight...

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Bartek did what Dan cannot do (yet)..

Lock the bastard on the line when going at full pelt, and block your opponent..

Nobody  can do the moves that Bartosz does when straight-lining into the corners.Doyle is the nearest but he usually takes the opponent off and gets excluded.

ps 

should he not have been excluded for taking Jensen off tonight.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Bloody Max Fricke though! 

Yes I left the stadium cursing Fricke!

I might burn the Grudziądz t-shirt with hus name on I brought last Sunday!

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

Love Lynn, dislike how it's being run, 2 different things. 

Lambert was having a great night then decided to curb crawl, maybe he felt the pressure but he most certainly shouldn't have been beat by Janowski how he was

The biggest let down was Woffinden. 

I expected us to finish 3rd, but going in to those last 4 heats, being able to use Bewley twice, we should not have been beaten, absolutely not. 

I'm allowed to be angry for losing that. Those last 4 heats, we should have won it. 

Everyone kerb crawled in heat 20, the dirt was so far out. Had Lambert gone that far wide he risked losing second. Unfortunately Fricke held Lambert  up a bit and Janowski to his credit found a little extra drive to get round Thomsen and under Lambert in one move, fair play to him. But that's speedway. 

We just weren't quite good enough over the twenty heats, nothing was thrown away.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chunky said:

Even he was beaten tonight...

But even these races he had to pass opponents ,he was last coming out the 2 nd bend in most of his races.

WOW WOW WOW. 

Could not have scripted this better. Poland needed to finish in front of UK on the final Race 20 to take SWC, and you should have heard the DEAFENING ROAR by the local crown when Maciej passed Lambert at the end of the race. 

And of course as a bonus I cheered for Max Fricke's Race 20 win on top of it. 

Awesome event, so happy I came here for it. Rain held off whole event, only started a minute after SWC Trophy presentation. 

33 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Thoroughly enjoyed that, fantastic speedway meeting that had a bit of everything.

I don't think the GB boys can be faulted at all really, they gave everything and pushed the Poles right to the limit in their own back yard. Bloody Max Fricke though! 

One or two people embarrassing themselves on here tonight, let's give them the benefit of the doubt and say that their accounts are parodies. They just have to be.

As has been said the event needs two or three venues next year, not just one. 

Most sensible post of the night award :)

Edited by iainb
  • Thanks 1

TOMORROW THE POLES WILL BE BEATING EACH OTHER UP IN THE POLISH CHAMPIONSHIP.:rofl:

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Nobody  can do the moves that Bartosz does when straight-lining into the corners.Doyle is the nearest but he usually takes the opponent off and gets excluded.

ps 

should he not have been excluded for taking Jensen off tonight.

I think Tai straight lined it once... surprised me Lambert & Bewley didn't do it more... It's probably a difficult move though, trouble is Zmarzlik makes it look so easy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

NOBODY LET US DOWN

The ONLY way to let a team down is by not trying. EVERYBODY gave 110% tonight.

Sometimes you perform well, sometimes you don't. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Welcome to life...

• Like 2