British Speedway Forum

Does that mean a 17 year can't get in without an adult or they can get in but have to pay full price?

Online tickets are being looked into, but not ready for this weeks meeting.

I believe there are issues around booking fees

Early days yet but looking like the weather gods are comets fans looking to be fine and sunny on Saturday:D.  UTC

Edited by Neila

16 hours ago, Marksman said:

Online tickets are being looked into, but not ready for this weeks meeting.

I believe there are issues around booking fees

...personally I think "booking fees" are a travesty and needs to be addressed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steve roberts said:

...personally I think "booking fees" are a travesty and needs to be addressed.

Whilst i agree that many booking fees are certainly too high it has to be remembered that there are a number of admin costs faced by the booking host. There are rarely options for the retailer e.g Workington to pay the fees up front (and if they did it would be quite substantial). Ultimately the cost gets passed onto the customer and anywhere with no booking fee has likely had it added into the booking cost already.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Whilst i agree that many booking fees are certainly too high it has to be remembered that there are a number of admin costs faced by the booking host. There are rarely options for the retailer e.g Workington to pay the fees up front (and if they did it would be quite substantial). Ultimately the cost gets passed onto the customer and anywhere with no booking fee has likely had it added into the booking cost already.

...oh the days of just handing over cash (although there are at least two cafe vendors on the sea front of Bridlington who only accept cash) Yes I guess it's something we now have to live with. When our local Arboretum only allowed visitors who had booked in advance to visit during one of the less serious "lockdowns" I was then to be charged 50p on top booking fee. I decided not to book in principle especially as one can not always rely upon the weather.

• Like 2

Another thing that may not help pre booking, is that the Northside areana is fairly remote so may not have full phone reception to scan any pre bought tickets, will certainly be no fixed phone lines to run reliable WiFi 

29 minutes ago, Neila said:

Another thing that may not help pre booking, is that the Northside areana is fairly remote so may not have full phone reception to scan any pre bought tickets, will certainly be no fixed phone lines to run reliable WiFi 

I know that the Tourist Attraction that I used to work at in the centre of York often had issues with a signal which occasionally affected the ability to operate the computer/booking etc systems.

Went to the local cinema last week and was going to book online to save queuing, it was extra £1 a ticket so paid when we got there

On 5/8/2023 at 9:29 AM, topaz325 said:
 Admission prices for the meeting on Saturday 13th May.
CASH only if paying at the gate on the day.

Adults £13.00 (18 and over)
Child ➡️ £1.00 (over 5)
Child ➡️ FREE (under 5)
Family ➡️ £25.00 (2 Adults + 3 Children MAX)
❗ Children MUST be accompanied by an adult

A fair, sensible pricing structure..

Hopefully will be attending late in the year..

Best of luck to the Comets..

• Like 4

Not alot on the "news and star website about this weekend anyone who still buys the paper see anything different?

It's all on Cumbria crack these days geoff 

Does anyone know if food and drink will be available at the track on Saturday? Hope to be bringing a few new faces along, but sadly I don't have answers to all of their questions :lol:

19 minutes ago, Shaggy said:

Does anyone know if food and drink will be available at the track on Saturday? Hope to be bringing a few new faces along, but sadly I don't have answers to all of their questions :lol:

Yeah, it was mentioned at the meet the riders event that 2 burger vans and a marquee serving drink I believe, I was told a band will be on live in the marquee after the meeting, but haven’t seen anything confirmed on that!

Edited by Marksman
  • Like 1

Also said drink/food would be available on 1st bend area as well as marquee which is towards turn 3 in among the trees