British Speedway Forum
Gazc

CHAMPIONSHIP PLANS FOR ’23

Not enough riders for one league plus NDL.

Fortnightly only works with a fixed racenight, like in Sweden. In the Championship, it's not fortnightly, it's 6 meetings  in eight weeks, 1 I   four, 4 in fiive , then 1 in about six. 

22 minutes ago, Beirao said:

only if they stick to 7 man teams

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2022 at 9:44 AM, ray c said:

same  old nonsense from bspa very disappointed could be a lot of blank weds when the sun is shining:t:

Nothing to do with the BSP Ltd(A), it was an AGM of ALL the promoters who ALL had a say to the goings on.

For Danny Ford to make a statement to his local press & published Monday, then to change it at the AGM the very next day makes you wonder what was said at the previous monthly meetings at Rugby.

• Like 1

From another website

It seems certain that guys who ride solely in the Premiership (Doyle, Kurtz, Holder etc) wouldn't be interested in this new set up. So essentially we have all the riders in the Championship, probably around 80, to fill out 16 teams - 5 per team at a bit of a stretch. Would an NL rider be drafted in at number six?
This would be a huge watering down of team strengths. Essentially 10 teams @ 42 shared among 16 teams (10 x 42 ÷16 = 27) add in an NL reserve at 2.00 and you still don't come to 30. 

1 minute ago, IronScorpion said:

Nothing to do with the BSP Ltd(A), it was an AGM of ALL the promoters who ALL had a say to the goings on.

For Danny Ford to make a statement to his local press & published Monday, then to change it at the AGM the very next day makes you wonder what was said at the previous monthly meetings at Rugby.

It doesn't really matter "what was said." It's what was agreed at the AGM that counts, although I know where you're coming from.

I might "pop along" to Redcar occasionally in 2023 (when finances allow and dependent on the opposition) or maybe Berwick (although the racing isn't as good), but I am kind of glad I haven't got a team to "support" (nearly) every week.  All my enthusiasm for the sport dwindles every year and this year even more so, since the Diamonds shut.

• Sad 1

Yet Danny Ford came out & said that the AGM was all about dotting the i's & crossing the t's yet it was more than that.

I'm extremely disappointed that the Championship have done a U-turn with the 2 home 2 away league fixtures.

This was going to give @ least 16 meaningful home meetings throughout the leagues 9 teams. The top of the league could (& should) be declared league champions! Any other fixtures, Micky Mouse or purposeful could be run @ the end of the season. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, StevePark said:

It doesn't really matter "what was said." It's what was agreed at the AGM that counts, although I know where you're coming from.

I might "pop along" to Redcar occasionally in 2023 (when finances allow and dependent on the opposition) or maybe Berwick (although the racing isn't as good), but I am kind of glad I haven't got a team to "support" (nearly) every week.  All my enthusiasm for the sport dwindles every year and this year even more so, since the Diamonds shut.

The NDL racing at Berwick seemed pretty good when I went this year. The Championship racing was better than before, but still very processional.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Albert said:

We need to encourage Mildenhall and Kent to join the Championship. I'm sure Workington will make the jump once they've re-established themselves again. Scrap the NDL. Can always invent a proper, meaningful second half event for NDL standard riders. Just my opinion, don't shoot me. 

Look back Albert & what did we do in 2005? We re-established ourselves! Yes, Workington have shown their intent to run in 2023 & hopefully beyond but what of other clubs?

What will Eastbourne, Edinburgh, Isle Of Wight, Peterborough do when/if they return. Also, the likes of Exeter, Cradley, Rye House could return & the possibility of clubs, already in the league, running junior teams.

Rules & Regulations & the set up of Leagues/ teams change every year, some good some bad but we have to accept it.

2 hours ago, Beirao said:

Fortnightly only works with a fixed racenight, like in Sweden. In the Championship, it's not fortnightly, it's 6 meetings  in eight weeks, 1 I   four, 4 in fiive , then 1 in about six. 

Sweden ran this year on Tuesdays(2 meetings) & Thursdays(1 meeting). Reverting back to Tuesdays only in 2023.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Yet Danny Ford came out & said that the AGM was all about dotting the i's & crossing the t's yet it was more than that.

They used to be indecisive now they are not so sure.!!

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

They used to be indecisive now they are not so sure.!!

Not just promoters but riders, possibly, although the rumour is from TTT in the prem section saying Basso doing Premiership. Is he doing both or changed his mind about doing Championship.

Edited by IronScorpion

6 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Not just promoters but riders, possibly, although the rumour is from TTT in the prem section saying Basso doing Premiership. Is he doing both or changed his mind about doing Championship.

I think the reduction in Championship meetings has made him rethink his Premiership commitment.

10 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

He'll ride for Glasgow too.

We've got a new owner who's allocated a budget on par with Belle Vue so Mr. Tomalin has probably offered Ben a better deal than Buster did.

I can not find the comments as I just went on reading the last few(5) posts in the RHS section on main forum page by lisa but as she says it is from TTT. He is on my ignore list but have just read his last few posts & one is edited(possible name change re Tungate)