British Speedway Forum

Looks to be a more exciting series than the SGP this year. Bomber 1 round away from becoming World Champion! I'll admit I didn't think he'd have the consistency or mechanical standards to do it but he's made me eat my words, and I'm happy to eat them, let's hope he can bring it home in a couple of weeks... shame it's not getting the publicity it deserves.

Is the final round available to watch anywhere?

Edited by iainb
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, iainb said:

Looks to be a more exciting series than the SGP this year. Bomber 1 round away from becoming World Champion! I'll admit I didn't think he'd have the consistency or mechanical standards to do it but he's made me eat my words, and I'm happy to eat them, let's hope he can bring it home in a couple of weeks... shame it's not getting the publicity it deserves.

Is the final round available to watch anywhere?

Yes PPV as the whole series has been on Tapes up TV

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

Yes PPV as the whole series has been on Tapes up TV

No dodgy streams then, might have to dip into my pocket :angry:

Tapes Up TV

It's the big one, the 2023 FIM Long Track World Championship title decider.  Just a point separates former Speedway Grand Prix winners Chris Harris and Martin Smolinski, the only two remaining contenders.  We will be live on Tapes Up TV from 13:30 local time.

LAST ROUND DECIDER

Both Harris and Smolinski have made every Grand Final since Ostrów in June, delivering in the process one of the most enthralling title fights in years, with never more than three points between the top two.  For Smolinski this is familiar territory, because he won the 2018 title by just a point over Dimitri Bergé in the Final at Muhdlorf.  The German has since been unable to regain the crown, after a collarbone injury ended his 2019 challenge, then he lost the 2020 and 2022 seasons altogether due to a hip injury.  Harris, meanwhile, transitioned in to FIM Long Track after his final Speedway Grand Prix season in 2016 and has made steady progress, claiming his first podium at La Réole in 2019, two further trips to the rostrum leaving him world number three in 2022, while his first victories - back-to-back at Ostrów and Marmande - have been the basis for his title challenge in 2023.

FORM GUIDE

It is Harris who leads the Standings, despite defeat at the hands of Smolinski in Morizes two weeks ago, with Smolinski yet to win a Round this season.  But the home favourite was the winner at Muhldorf in 2018 and 2019, and had previously been on the podium there in 2014 and 2016.  Harris finished second to Mathieu Trésarrieu in Muhldorf in our first visit since the global pandemic last year.

Poster.png

• Like 2

FIM Long Track world championship 17th September 2023 – Mühldorf (GER)

.1 63 Dave Meijerink KNMV The Netherlands

2 104 Gaétan Stella FFM France

3 42 Stephan Katt DMSB Germany

4 54 Mika Meijer KNMV The Netherlands

5 109 Zach Wajtknecht ACU Great Britain

6 86 Hynek Stichauer ACCR Czech Republic

7 37 Chris Harris ACU Great Britain

8 15 Jörg Tebbe DMSB Germany

9 444 Josef Franc ACCR Czech Republic

10 666 Romano Hummel KNMV The Netherlands

11 333 Kenneth K. Hansen DMU Denmark

12 115 Theo Pijper KNMV The Netherlands

13 79 Jacob Bukhave DMU Denmark

14 44 Tero Aarnio SML Finland

15 84 Martin Smolinski DMSB Germany

16 16 Mario Niedermeier DMSB Germany

17 17 Daniel Spiller DMSB Germany

STARTING LIST FIM Long Track of Nations 24th September 2023 – Roden, The Netherlands

TEAM A ACCR 1 Josef Franc © 2 Hynek Stichauer 3 Jan Macek

TEAM B DMU 4 Kenneth K. Hansen © 5 Jacob Bukhave 6 Tobias Thomsen 23 Morten Qvistgaard

TEAM C SML 7 Tero Aarnio 8 Henri Ahlbom 9 Jesse Mustonen © 24 Topi Mustonen

TEAM D DMSB 10 Martin Smolinski © 11 Erik Riss 12 Jörg Tebbe 25 Stephan Katt 

TEAM E FFM 13 Gaétan Stella © 14 Mathias Trésarrieu 15 Jordan Dubernard 26 Steven Labouyrie

TEAM F ACU 16 Chris Harris © 17 Andrew Appleton 18 Zach Wajtknecht 27 Paul Hurry

TEAM G KNMV 19 Romano Hummel 20 Dave Meijerink 21 Jannick de Jong © 28 Mika Meijer 

Live updates from 12.30pm UK time https://live.baansportfansite.nl/event/654/fim-long-track-of-nations-roden.html

Edited by racers and royals

6 hours ago, racers and royals said:

STARTING LIST FIM Long Track of Nations 24th September 2023 – Roden, The Netherlands

TEAM A ACCR 1 Josef Franc © 2 Hynek Stichauer 3 Jan Macek

TEAM B DMU 4 Kenneth K. Hansen © 5 Jacob Bukhave 6 Tobias Thomsen 23 Morten Qvistgaard

TEAM C SML 7 Tero Aarnio 8 Henri Ahlbom 9 Jesse Mustonen © 24 Topi Mustonen

TEAM D DMSB 10 Martin Smolinski © 11 Erik Riss 12 Jörg Tebbe 25 Stephan Katt 

TEAM E FFM 13 Gaétan Stella © 14 Mathias Trésarrieu 15 Jordan Dubernard 26 Steven Labouyrie

TEAM F ACU 16 Chris Harris © 17 Andrew Appleton 18 Zach Wajtknecht 27 Paul Hurry

TEAM G KNMV 19 Romano Hummel 20 Dave Meijerink 21 Jannick de Jong © 28 Mika Meijer 

Live updates from 12.30pm UK time https://live.baansportfansite.nl/event/654/fim-long-track-of-nations-roden.html

Actual Paul Hurry??

8 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Actual Paul Hurry??

Don't think AI's got that sophisticted yet.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, racers and royals said:

It's not that live... has it started?

Trying to find anything out about this event is like it was trying to find out about speedway in the 80's at least we had Ceefax back then :D

Edited by iainb

9 minutes ago, iainb said:

It's not that live... has it started?

Trying to find anything out about this event is like it was trying to find out about speedway in the 80's at least we had Ceefax back then :D

Tomorrow

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

Tomorrow

Haha... what a silly sausage! So it is :drink: