British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2023

18 hours ago, Brummies23 said:

Does anyone know any heat leaders who havnt got a team or can ride in the championship?

Morris and wright have to go and then go get 2 heat leaders we need. 

Not going to get fans in with this current team

Can't agree with this.

One heat leader and a very good second string to replace Wright and Nielsen for a start.

Morris is underperforming at the moment but that wouldn't be anywhere near as noticeable if others were chipping in, his form will improve, I'm quite sure of that, although the huge average was an issue with initial team building, it may not be now..

Without sounding too harsh I'd keep Morris, Sedgman,  Bowtell and Thompson, and rebuild the team.

That's obviously not going to happen though.

Proctor didn't work and Joe Thomson is a work in progress.

Wright will not work.

Pearson is just not good enough

Nielsen..time to find a different career

begs the question 'who is available?'

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Neila said:

make me and numerous other stay away fans, want to return and spend my money to help keep the club in existence.

All I can say if you and other people think like this Birmingham won't survive the season, got to support the club now or it won't exist anymore, and probably won't come back especially as the greyhounds appear to want to do something different 

What are the attendances like at Brum ATM ????

3 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

What are the attendances like at Brum ATM ????

About 500 average

9 minutes ago, noaksey said:

Is the wheels place still there?

The site is still there and the track can be seen. 

Stocks Bangers closed, never recovered from the tragic death of the Teng Tools Boss crushed by a Tractor on the Centre Green. 

It's contaminated land about 15 acres. 

Strong rumours though that new Owners of Birmingham City a big US Hedge Fund with about 10 billion of managed funds want to build a 45000 seat stadium and turn it into a sports Village. Whether motor sport separate stadium would figure is debatable. 

The contamination may take 3 years just to clear though so no quick fix. 

57 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

That’s on a good day. 
nearer  350 average 

Tragic. Those figures are barely sustainable at any level

1 hour ago, HGould said:

The site is still there and the track can be seen. 

Stocks Bangers closed, never recovered from the tragic death of the Teng Tools Boss crushed by a Tractor on the Centre Green. 

It's contaminated land about 15 acres. 

Strong rumours though that new Owners of Birmingham City a big US Hedge Fund with about 10 billion of managed funds want to build a 45000 seat stadium and turn it into a sports Village. Whether motor sport separate stadium would figure is debatable. 

The contamination may take 3 years just to clear though so no quick fix. 

Thanks. That would be an ideal place for a National League side for Brum

8 hours ago, the hobbit said:

You are so so wrong!!! 
Rogers  is an inept buffoon and is the worst thing to have happened to our club in recent times. There are many fans who feel  like this snd many who stay away  because of him. 
He’s never been part of a successful team snd never will be . 
there’s a reason he’s had so many clubs snd that’s because once they realise how much of a muppet he is, they can’t wait to get rid of him 

you are welcome to him at your club because we don’t want him at ours 

I'd certainly echo what Crescent Girl has said. In all my years watching speedway, I have never known anyone more passionate about the sport than Laurence Rogers.

That doesn't necessarily make him a good team manager, but I can remember a few years ago Wolverhampton fans turning their ire on Peter Adams after a string of rubbish performances and a poor final league position. Adams was - and remains - the most successful in top flight speedway's history. 

I don't think that this is a matter of spite, but it is a matter of looking for someone to blame for Birmingham's disastrous on track performances over the last couple of seasons - in other words, a scapegoat. 

What you seem to believe is that if he left and the 'inept buffoon' was replaced by someone apparently more competent on track performances would dramatically improve. Looking through the 2023 predictions thread, most have Birmingham bottom and none have them in a play off spot. That means the team is poor - which it clearly is - and therefore whoever comes in is extremely unlikely to turn things around without significant changes. Booting Rogers out, then, will almost certainly make very little difference. 

I am not aware how much say Laurence Rogers had in building the team, but given a reported £250k loss last year even if he was wholly responsible it is more than likely that his hands - not unreasonably - were significantly tied in terms of the budget for the team. 

Blaming him - and only him - for Birmingham's present form seems to me, then, to be totally unsupported by the actual circumstances in existence.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

It's June now so Tate Z might be allowed to ride soon by the doctors? Wonder if he will come over?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Halifaxtiger said:

I'd certainly echo what Crescent Girl has said. In all my years watching speedway, I have never known anyone more passionate about the sport than Laurence Rogers.

That doesn't necessarily make him a good team manager, but I can remember a few years ago Wolverhampton fans turning their ire on Peter Adams after a string of rubbish performances and a poor final league position. Adams was - and remains - the most successful in top flight speedway's history. 

I don't think that this is a matter of spite, but it is a matter of looking for someone to blame for Birmingham's disastrous on track performances over the last couple of seasons - in other words, a scapegoat. 

What you seem to believe is that if he left and the 'inept buffoon' was replaced by someone apparently more competent on track performances would dramatically improve. Looking through the 2023 predictions thread, most have Birmingham bottom and none have them in a play off spot. That means the team is poor - which it clearly is - and therefore whoever comes in is extremely unlikely to turn things around without significant changes. Booting Rogers out, then, will almost certainly make very little difference. 

I am not aware how much say Laurence Rogers had in building the team, but given a reported £250k loss last year even if he was wholly responsible it is more than likely that his hands - not unreasonably - were significantly tied in terms of the budget for the team. 

Blaming him - and only him - for Birmingham's present form seems to me, then, to be totally unsupported by the actual circumstances in existence.

The problem for me is the People running the sport are in denial and seem to the sport is in good health.The sport needs a major revamp IMO.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Tragic. Those figures are barely sustainable at any level

Especially when the promotor stated before the season started he needed 1000 just to break even 

14 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

It's June now so Tate Z might be allowed to ride soon by the doctors? Wonder if he will come over?

How long would the visa application take?

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

How long would the visa application take?

Presumably not very long going by Edinburgh being able to bring in Bastian Borke after losing to Scunthorpe on 26/05 and before their averages changed on 01/06. Seemed to have more difficulty finding a 2 point rider. 

I'm sure Berwick signed Jonas Knudsen on a temporary visa last year then applied for a full visa. There was a hold up in it being processed and he then had to sit out a few meeting but was back before the end of the season.

Edited by gmarsbar2
additional info