British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2023

32 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

I would certainly prefer if you stuck with Edinburgh as it seems all the teams you’ve supported in the past are now defunct….so all us happy fans up here are quite glad you can’t stand Glasgow….lol..

Imagine how Todd Wiltshire felt before Oxford returned, all the clubs he had ridden for half closed down - Wimbledon, Reading, Bradford & Oxford!

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Imagine how Todd Wiltshire felt before Oxford returned, all the clubs he had ridden for half closed down - Wimbledon, Reading, Bradford & Oxford!

With so many clubs having closed down over the years, I imagine there are quite a few riders like that. Simon Cross comes to mind (Oxford, Cradley, Weymouth, Middlesbrough and Coventry)

2 hours ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

With so many clubs having closed down over the years, I imagine there are quite a few riders like that. Simon Cross comes to mind (Oxford, Cradley, Weymouth, Middlesbrough and Coventry)

moved to London in the 80's went to Hackney and Wimbledon regularly 

Moved to Hertfordshire went to Arena regularly and Rye House occasionally

Loved going to Exeter 

My inlaws are 20 mins from Armadale, my "local" track is Peterborough and I'm a Wolves fan.....

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, noaksey said:

moved to London in the 80's went to Hackney and Wimbledon regularly 

Moved to Hertfordshire went to Arena regularly and Rye House occasionally

Loved going to Exeter 

My inlaws are 20 mins from Armadale, my "local" track is Peterborough and I'm a Wolves fan.....

Ouch. Please don't move anywhere near Oxford!

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

FYI on the west coast we don't put watered down brown sauce and salt on our chips, so clearly culinary wise we are far superior.

Salt and Chip Sauce on the chips is culinary heaven!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

They were strong in the National League, but have always been a bottom half team since joining the Champ.

Birmingham speedway started (again) in 2007, when they finished IIRC 3rd in the league. Except for the injury-wrecked 2009, they were usually in the top few teams. They went into the Elite league in 2012, and as I said, was top of the league in 2013 but lost the play-off final when Poole signed the World Champion for the event! They won the National League in 2015 and 2016, but left it too late to sign good riders on re-joining the Championship in 2019, and have never got going since, due to various changes and Covid.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, *JJ said:

Birmingham speedway started (again) in 2007, when they finished IIRC 3rd in the league. Except for the injury-wrecked 2009, they were usually in the top few teams. They went into the Elite league in 2012, and as I said, was top of the league in 2013 but lost the play-off final when Poole signed the World Champion for the event! They won the National League in 2015 and 2016, but left it too late to sign good riders on re-joining the Championship in 2019, and have never got going since, due to various changes and Covid.

Poole signed Greg Hancock at the end of July 2013 to replace Chris Holder, the 2012 World Champion. He rode in 8 meetings before the play off final!

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Poole signed Greg Hancock at the end of July 2013 to replace Chris Holder, the 2012 World Champion. He rode in 8 meetings before the play off final!

You forgot to say that Chris Holder was injured, not just replaced.

On 7/14/2023 at 11:44 AM, szkocjasid said:

Imagine what Chris Harris must be like - he must of lost count!

You will like this GiveusaB.

Laurence Rogers is standing in for Rob Lyon for Peterborough, who is on a pre booked family holiday, at Wolverhampton tonight.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Laurence Rogers is standing in for Rob Lyon for Peterborough, who is on a pre booked family holiday, at Wolverhampton tonight.

Last time Rob Lyon is left in charge of choosing the holiday location...

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Did a pretty fair job as well, it seems.       Great manager!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1