British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Doners123

Plymouth team in 2023 ?!

No indication if they will or will not run a team. 

but just incase they do Plymouth team next year if GSA on BSPA website are correct, trigger and Roynon would be a good start. 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 9:36 PM, Doners123 said:

but just incase they do Plymouth team next year if GSA on BSPA website are correct, trigger and Roynon would be a good start. 

Roynon off to workington 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 9:36 PM, Doners123 said:

Not sure Plymouth will Run a second team with the money the club have lost this season. 

I hope they do for the future of the sport but totally understandable in the times we are in if they don’t.

I can't see an NDL setup at Plymouth all the time they have Championship racing. Outside the cost the level of support for such a venture has to be questioned. Oxford had 2000+ for Championship events but only 300 for NDL. Our public only have so much money & they are voting with their feet.

Pretty certain you can close this thread as a no go. Plymouth lost money last year and with the increase in Championship fixtures I can't see there being any space in the calendar.

1 hour ago, Technik said:

I can't see an NDL setup at Plymouth all the time they have Championship racing. Outside the cost the level of support for such a venture has to be questioned. Oxford had 2000+ for Championship events but only 300 for NDL. Our public only have so much money & they are voting with their feet.

I was at a Chargers match at Oxford, and there were a lot, lot more than 300 there.  I would estimate close to 1,000..….

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

I was at a Chargers match at Oxford, and there were a lot, lot more than 300 there.  I would estimate close to 1,000..….

Oxford's crowds at Championship and NDL level seemed pretty healthy to me.   I can see them being the only Championship club to also run a NDL team next year.

Word ive heard is some signings already agreed for Plymouth Centurions 2023....that said that was likely prior to the extended fixture list for the champ which "could" spell the end for several NDL sides and potentially the league as a whole.

On 11/16/2022 at 10:42 PM, RoundTheBoards said:

Oxford's crowds at Championship and NDL level seemed pretty healthy to me.   I can see them being the only Championship club to also run a NDL team next year.

Berwick are definitely running a NDL team in 2023

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Normski said:

Thats presumably why they and Oxford allegedly vetoed the 2 home and 2 away CL matches so that they could remain faithful to their plans to develop young talent via  NDL route. 

Laudible if true. 

Personally I think its harder for Plymouth to run NDL midweek as a lack of riders available regularly due to geographic location. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they ran CL only and focused on quality over quantity in terms of Fixtures. I've heard that Birmingham preferred that route. 

Edited by HGould
Spelling
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Normski said:

They weren't on Tuesday when Championship was set to be 2 home & 2 away.   Bewick, Armadale and Plymouth were all set to dump NDL.   Did they change their minds on Wednesday?

Edited by RoundTheBoards

17 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

They weren't on Tuesday when Championship was set to be 2 home & 2 away.   Bewick, Armadale and Plymouth were all set to dump NDL.   Did they change their minds on Wednesday?

The promoter (can't remember which one of the Courtney's) told the crowd after the last meeting of the season that Berwick would be running a team in both the CL and NDL).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Well that's definitely wrong because berwick wer always running both