British Speedway Forum
Diamonds85

Speedway GB website

Tried to access Site today. Been fine all weekend, thought it was fixed - obviously isn't, as, once again I am unable to get on.

This isn't going to encourage any new prospective Speedway Supporters is it? It may well put off a few, including those like myself, whose only contact with Speedway these days is the Website or the Television.

Come on SGB - it looks amateurish - sort it out!!

• Haha 1

The most logical reasons

(1) Your internet speed means it can't access before a timer cuts you out

(2) They don't have specifically large server capability and at peak times (like when they indicated an update of AGM on social media, demand exceeds server space and you have to wait for usage to drop.

(3) You've upset them in some way or your IP address has been reported.

(4) Try clearinh your Cookies - On Chrome - Press the 3 dots on the top right hand corner, go to bottom of the 4 boxes and click on "More Tools" then click on Clear Browsing Data and then "Cookies and Other Site Data" if you want also do "Cached issues and files" - I'd try 7 days if that doesn't work try a month. (You dont have to wait for it to all be done you can try whilst its running as if it clears the cache quite early in the processing and you can get on if you want you can press cancel.

Hope one of these works or explains options/causes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The White Knight said:

Tried to access Site today. Been fine all weekend, thought it was fixed - obviously isn't, as, once again I am unable to get on.

This isn't going to encourage any new prospective Speedway Supporters is it? It may well put off a few, including those like myself, whose only contact with Speedway these days is the Website or the Television.

not amateurish from here, straight on

2 hours ago, The White Knight said:

Maybe its being updated.

Last week my car was in the garage for it's MOT & I could see it all the time but I couldn't drive it.....

2 hours ago, Technik said:

Maybe its being updated.

Last week my car was in the garage for it's MOT & I could see it all the time but I couldn't drive it.....

If that is the case, then how is it that it works one day, and not the next. Surely if it was an update it would , in a professional world, be preceded by a warning from the Site that the update was taking place. Nothing like that here. Just some people having problems, and some people not - that doesn't look like an update to me.

Imagine if the main FIFA Website was behaving like this what an outcry there would be. Speedway purports to be a professional Sport - surely it's method of communications to it's customers (Fans) should be capable of maintaining a Website that is fit for purpose on all Browsers.

If I took my car in for an MOT - I would be a bit peeved if the Test took two or three weeks to complete the Test. 

3 hours ago, stevehone said:

not amateurish from here, straight on

Lucky you. :):)

I just thought I would try to enter the Site before logging off for the night. I was successful this time. Is it fixed? I don't know.

I like to think I am fair.

Maybe the scb just don't like us North Eastern folk :rofl:

Nah I've been able to get on sometimes and not others, definitely something wrong with the site, works sometimes but not always.

Not the end of the world anyway, it's only the main and basically only news source for the sport in this country :rolleyes:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Not the end of the world anyway, it's only the main and basically only news source for the sport in this country :rolleyes:

I thought that was the BSF??? :rofl:

On 11/21/2022 at 4:44 PM, The White Knight said:

I have had no problems since it went online months ago.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skodaman said:

I have had no problems since it went online months ago.

I'm not the only one on here who has had problems.

In the interests of fairness though, I have had no trouble for a couple of days now. Let's just hope it is fixed.

On 11/23/2022 at 8:31 PM, The White Knight said:

I'm not the only one on here who has had problems.

In the interests of fairness though, I have had no trouble for a couple of days now. Let's just hope it is fixed.

Maybe if you are trying to access the site using WiFi it's the WiFi signal that is at fault? No issues for me either by hardwire, wifi or links from other sites!