British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Gorzow GP Saturday 24th June 2023

27 minutes ago, TTT said:

Laguta and Emil are the only ones who can challenge Zmarzlik.

Whole GP series is pointless until they're allowed back in it.

100%

7 minutes ago, CB252 said:

Lol he didn't stand up to him at all.  They both won 5 GPs and each gave as good as they got passing each other multiple times in the process. The difference at the end was 5th place and a win and 4th place and a win in the last two GPs.

Laguta's credentials are one unlikely title win and not even qualifying for the series on merit in any other year, while Zmarzlik's are a GP medal in 6 out of 7 seasons and comfortable qualification the other season. Top of the ekstraliga aves 7 out of the last 8 years?

You’ve just contradicted yourself, how is it an unlikely title win when you win 5 GP’s in a season?

35 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Utterly, utterly boring to be honest and a real shame. I have always looked forwards to the GP series but frankly it’s hardly worth the time. 

Steve...admit it .. just a sour grapes

Get the rose tinted specs on and remember the good old days. Of boring Rickardsson wins where he creamed off titles in that bizarre format where he got to come off gate 1 all night and had it won half way through the year.

Of Pedersen winning it by a mile in 2007 and 2008.  Hancock leading from start to finish in 1997, 2011, I'm sure Crump did the same at least one year but we'll all have blocked it out of our minds because it was so boring :D

I mean the only rider that can lay legitimate claim to being involved in as many classic finals as Zmarzlik is Gollob, and the clowns on here hated him as well :rofl:

46 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

GP points

1st 20 points Zmarzlik

2nd 18 points Madsen

3rd 16 points  Lindgren

4th  14  points  Doyle

5th 12 points Lambert

6th 11 points J Holder

7th 10 points Janowski

8th 9 points. Woffinden

19. Came third in his first ride,

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

You’ve just contradicted yourself, how is it an unlikely title win when you win 5 GP’s in a season?

It was unlikely, fishy almost, that he went from a solid middle order rider that always needed a wild card to that sort of form. And he is Russian and the brother of a convicted cheat so, ya know....

4 minutes ago, PolskiZuzel said:

Steve...admit it .. just a sour grapes

No. It’s totally boring. I don’t care who wins it. There’s just no characters unless you think helium has a personality. How I wish for the days of Crump, Pedersen, Hancock, Gollob, Trick (who would more than likely eat Zmarzlik for breakfast) 

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 2

Just eead some of the comments & I agree. The SGP's have become a sport of wet lettuce's with one man allowed to do as he pleases. 

There's no passion from the others to stop him. In years gone by Zmarzlik wouldn't have survived as he'd have had regular trips to the fence. 

He is rightly & no questions the best there is around, at the same time, everyone makes it easy for him. 

The SGP series has become Formula 1, it's no longer about hard aggressive racing. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

19. Came third in his first ride,

no, points are awarded based on finishing position.

Bartosz won and was awarded 20 points. Points scored in the actual race doesn't carrry over to the total gp standings.

Edited by Ghostwalker

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Trick (who would more than likely eat Zmarzlik for breakfast) 

Only if he got to use that format where he came off gate 1 all night.

Some riders won less world titles than they should have done (Nielsen), some won way more...

13 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

no, points are awarded based on finishing position.

So how does that work then? (first GP I've watched for a few years - since I stopped going to them, in fact).

Four wins and a third place = 13 in the heats, a win in the semi and final = 6. Where does the extra point come from?

Edited by Vincent Blachshadow

1 hour ago, JoeW436 said:

Not getting into politics cos I find it seriously boring but from a speedway point of view this series seriously misses Artem and Emil

100% correct, it's all very flat without them...

6 minutes ago, CB252 said:

Only if he got to use that format where he came off gate 1 all night.

Some riders won less world titles than they should have done (Nielsen), some won way more...

Trick didn’t make up the rules. But he was a more complete speedway rider than Zmarzlik has currently shown. And he won all those titles when the opposition was far, far tougher. As others have said, Zmarzlik gets an easy ride with others happy with second. Madsen laughing and joking on the podium when he should be gutted and very upset. Where’s the passion?

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Trick didn’t make up the rules. But he was a more complete speedway rider than Zmarzlik has currently shown. And he won all those titles when the opposition was far, far tougher. As others have said, Zmarzlik gets an easy ride with others happy with second. Madsen laughing and joking on the podium when he should be gutted and very upset. Where’s the passion?

They show the passion in the ekstraliga, where they earn far more money than the pittance on offer for winning a GP.

• Like 1