British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Gorzow GP Saturday 24th June 2023

14 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

So did Lambert just said to Nicholls he thought Doyle was wrongly excluded? 

Yes. 

3 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

Yes. 

Never get into refereeing Robert 

I don't know about Madsen laughing on the podium I reckon after the final he should have nutted Zmarzlik. Well maybe not nutted but certainly had a go at him. By laughing with him Zmarzlik will just think il do that again next time

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Vincent Blachshadow said:

So how does that work then? (first GP I've watched for a few years - since I stopped going to them, in fact).

Four wins and a third place = 13 in the heats, a win in the semi and final = 6. Where does the extra point come from?

You only get the points you are awarded in the Final.The others get the points they score in the meeting

• Confused 1

Just now, Fromafar said:

You only get the points you are awarded in the Final.The others get the points they score in the meeting

The points are decided on finishing position. Points scored in meeting have nothing to do with points awarded 

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

That's not quite right, R&R will be along in a minute to give you all a lesson :D

Edited by iainb
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bruno said:

I don't know about Madsen laughing on the podium I reckon after the final he should have nutted Zmarzlik. Well maybe not nutted but certainly had a go at him. By laughing with him Zmarzlik will just think il do that again next time

He'd do it again next time whether he nutted him or not.

That clown Boyce punching Gollob didn't stop Tomasz dive bombing people in epic style for nearly two decades.

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Ah, right. Thanks.  I'm sure I can recall the winner (first in the final) getting fewer points than the runner-up at least once  some years back.

1 minute ago, bruno said:

The points are decided on finishing position. Points scored in meeting have nothing to do with points awarded 

Thanks.I was just trying to explain the final points.

9 minutes ago, CB252 said:

They show the passion in the ekstraliga, where they earn far more money than the pittance on offer for winning a GP.

The GP is about personal pride. All riders should want to be WC. Scoring I the EL is great for the coffers but becoming WC is the aim for any rider.

1 minute ago, iainb said:

That's not quite right, R&R will be along in a minute to give you all a lesson :D

I’m sure he will,but he’s a good guy and I don’t take offence as easy as some on here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The GP is about personal pride. All riders should want to be WC. Scoring I the EL is great for the coffers but becoming WC is the aim for any rider.

Yes the WC should be more important. It does infuriate me that they don't earn the money in the WC though when we see blokes knocking coloured balls around a green table earning millions.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I’m sure he will,but he’s a good guy and I don’t take offence as easy as some on here.

He is... his occasional grumpiness is quite endearing :D

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, bruno said:

The rest would like to be able to do what Zmarzlik does but they don’t have the skill and when they try they usually bring to opposing rider off.These guys know what they are doing.

eg

Janowski in his last heat was still on his back wheel entering the 3rd /4 th bend in his last heat on the inside of the other riders.

Edited by Fromafar

46 minutes ago, frigbo said:

Really struck me tonight how the intensity of the GP days of Gollob, Crump, Pedersen etc has completely disappeared with this lot.

All seem happy to be on the gravy train..

Winning is a "nice to do, optional extra".

Bartek is a generational talent but having it made so easy with riders quite content to play second fiddle...

• Like 3