British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Diamonds85

Bellle Vue Colts 2023

6 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

With the increased speculation regarding commonwealth riders in the NDL would it be likely that the colts use James Pearson in their line up along with Sam Hagon, Jack Smith, Freddie Hodder, Jack Shimelt.

Maybe that's what the unusual delay is in announcing the team, they wanted the commonwealth rider rule confirmed before they announced Pearson? Belle Vue are usually one of the first to declare at least some riders aren't they?

37 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Maybe that's what the unusual delay is in announcing the team, they wanted the commonwealth rider rule confirmed before they announced Pearson? Belle Vue are usually one of the first to declare at least some riders aren't they?

Isnt James an Aces asset?

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

Isnt James an Aces asset?

Yes, which is why it would make sense for him to ride for their junior team potentially

Hope the standard of the NDL doesn't get too strong otherwise they'll drop the limit like the championship. :angry:

Still no news? A lot of teams leaving it late this year... I'm sure there's riders signed just not announced, which is unlike Belle Vue to leave it this late. Going to be a completely new look team by the seems of things with Mulford (unlikely), Ablitt, both McGurk's and Freeman not in the side...

I'm guessing a top 2 of James Pearson and Jack Smith, Surely Freddie Hodder nailed on, and a 3.00er at reserve (Jack Shimelt??) but the other 3 are mysteries... There are a lot of unsigned riders kicking about, just which ones will Belle Vue choose

Edited by Diamonds85

On 1/9/2023 at 11:14 AM, bloom89 said:

Hope the standard of the NDL doesn't get too strong otherwise they'll drop the limit like the championship. :angry:

I think this is the first time ever they've not dropped the limit. By that I mean made the league weaker (less than 42 points).

On 1/16/2023 at 3:03 PM, Fozzie4388 said:

Jack Smith and Sam Hagon announced

Hagon is certainly a good signing. I know Smith wants a Champ team too, but can't see that happening.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 11:17 PM, szkocjasid said:

Hagon is certainly a good signing. I know Smith wants a Champ team too, but can't see that happening.

Smith  has had that many chances that some others would never get,still can’t hack it.

• Like 1

For Jack, eventually it will happen. Too much pressure from expectations due to the fabulous career his dad had.

Maybe a bit like Max Clegg, started off like a house on fire and not lived up to expectations due to everyone else's expectations.

Possibly a good fit to ride together at The National Stadium and prove all the doubters wrong?

If the Pearson rumour is true at 8.00? then it only leaves 9.46 for the last two riders KIngston and a 3.00?either way it creates a usual Belle Vue side of dominant at home and questionable on the road.

Edited by Sings4Speedway
can't add up

20 hours ago, secsy1 said:

For Jack, eventually it will happen. Too much pressure from expectations due to the fabulous career his dad had.

Maybe a bit like Max Clegg, started off like a house on fire and not lived up to expectations due to everyone else's expectations.

Possibly a good fit to ride together at The National Stadium and prove all the doubters wrong?

So everyone’s else’s  expectations is an excuse these days.