British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Diamonds85

Bellle Vue Colts 2023

Seems to be taking a while to complete the team, what's everyone's thoughts? Is James Pearson guaranteed? Or are they going with another young Aussie and that's what the time delay is?

16 minutes ago, secsy1 said:

Clegg, Muff and Shimelt with a n other

Not enough points left for the last rider. Been informed Muff is fixed up (just shocked its at Belle Vue) , Pearson looks odds on, leaving enough space for Hodder and a 3 pointer to complete the worst looking Belle Vue side for a good few years

Edited by Sings4Speedway
  • Like 1

I thought Hodder was already signed up? I was kinda hoping to see James Pearson, Jack Kingston and Jack Shimelt as the final 3... Leaving the team as:

1. Jack Smith

2. Matt Marson

3. Jack Kingston

4. Sam Hagon

5. James Pearson

6. Freddie Hodder

7. Jack Shimelt

26 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

I thought Hodder was already signed up? I was kinda hoping to see James Pearson, Jack Kingston and Jack Shimelt as the final 3... Leaving the team as:

1. Jack Smith

2. Matt Marson

3. Jack Kingston

4. Sam Hagon

5. James Pearson

6. Freddie Hodder

7. Jack Shimelt

Apologies id missed the Hodder signing. As a numbers game that stacks up perfectly, as a team on track it looks well beatable even at home.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Apologies id missed the Hodder signing. As a numbers game that stacks up perfectly, as a team on track it looks well beatable even at home.

Doesn't look great

3 hours ago, secsy1 said:

Clegg, Muff and Shimelt with a n other

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Not enough points left for the last rider.

With the four riders already signed, I'm not surprised there's not enough points left for another four.   Doubt they'll get away with an 8-man team!

15 hours ago, RoundTheBoards said:

With the four riders already signed, I'm not surprised there's not enough points left for another four.   Doubt they'll get away with an 8-man team!

Might need 8....to be fair it wouldn't be the worst bit of rule manipulation this season anyways.

• Haha 2

On 2/16/2023 at 3:18 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

Should be worth watching though at home...

Never a bad thing for the Colts to get pushed close at home, as it keeps interest in the meeting...

The racing is always good so a close score too is real value for money.. 

Not familiar with quite a few of the lads mentioned so it will be worth a trip to see what they are like..

On 2/16/2023 at 2:50 PM, Diamonds85 said:

1. Jack Smith

2. Matt Marson

3. Jack Kingston

4. Sam Hagon

5. James Pearson

6. Freddie Hodder

7. Jack Shimelt

A mixed bag and it will be close and safe at BV, but not many points away.

Smith will get good points most places.

Matt Marson a steady no 2

Jack Kingston I never saw him get many points, but he did in other meetings and was better late season.

Sam Hagon has the capabilities and the equipment to be a decent and dogged rider, Worth watching.

James Pearson never seen him race but great expectations from him.

Freddie Hodder a great up and coming rider who will get points both home and away, Great to watch.

Jack Smimelt been around awhile and | nearly signed him for the Gems awhile ago, might struggle.   

On 2/16/2023 at 2:50 PM, Diamonds85 said:

1. Jack Smith (8.36)

2. Matt Marson (5.48)

3. Jack Kingston (6.45)

4. Sam Hagon (6.18)

5. James Pearson (8.00/9.00)

6. Freddie Hodder (4.52)

7. Jack Shimelt (3.00)

41.99/42.99?

Is Pearson on an 8.00 average? Edinburgh have 9.03 left for their final rider, makes me think they are signing Hook on a 9.00 ave, making the Belle Vue team 42.99!

Edited by szkocjasid

If Pearson has a 9.00 ave?

Belle Vue  
James Pearson 9.00
Jack Smith 8.36
Sam Hagon 6.18
Matt Marson 5.48
Luke Muff 4.78
Freddie Hodder 4.52
Jack Shimelt 3.00
Total 41.32

5 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Is Pearson on an 8.00 average? Edinburgh have 9.03 left for their final rider, makes me think they are signing Hook on a 9.00 ave, making the Belle Vue team 42.99!

It's my understanding that any commonwealth rider with CL experience would come in on an 8.00 and any without CL experience would come in on a 4.50 average

On 2/20/2023 at 3:31 AM, Diamonds85 said:

It's my understanding that any commonwealth rider with CL experience would come in on an 8.00 and any without CL experience would come in on a 4.50 average

Where has that been evidenced?

On 2/20/2023 at 3:31 AM, Diamonds85 said:

The only Commonwealth rider we know will be in the NDL is Jacob Hook, and he has a CL average of 4.00 and so will be 8.00 in the NDL.   

Can't imagine anyone flying in a Commonwealth rider just to ride NDL, so presumably any others would ride in CL too, and just double their CL average for NDL.   But if anyone did come over for NDL only I can't imagine them being assessed at anything less than 8.00 anyway.

Edited by RoundTheBoards