British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bojangles

Oxford Chargers 2023

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

Yes, you can take fold up chairs. There's plenty of space for them, especially on the third and fourth bends.

Thank you

On 5/23/2023 at 9:39 AM, PotteringAround said:

Not a chance.   Oxford top 5 are very strong.  Especially at home.   54-36

On 5/23/2023 at 3:51 PM, szkocjasid said:

Think you'll be well off that score. For me Oxford's reserves could end up with 1 point from 8 rides. While Freddie Hodder gets double figures.

I agree Oxford have a very strong top 3 & a very promising number 4. But think Belle Vue will heavily outscore Oxford at the bottom end.

Should be an interesting meeting.

As I predicted Belle Vue's reserves were far stronger, but you were correct that Oxfords top 5 would be too strong for the Colts. My prediction was closer though lol!

Think Oxford did well to beat a Belle Vue side with a strong bottom end. Just think how strong they will be when Killeen come back though!

Can they ride well enough to get into the top 2, while waiting for Killeen's return?

Edited by szkocjasid

Giving away Ht 2 every meeting is going to be a massive hurdle, Fellows is not on the pace & his gating is not at this level yet & whilst Killeen is out there is no minimum average rider unattached that can score anymore than Fellows.

I think Oxfords Gods were shining on them last night. How often are we going to see Jack Smith fail to score double figures?

3 hours ago, Technik said:

Giving away Ht 2 every meeting is going to be a massive hurdle, Fellows is not on the pace & his gating is not at this level yet & whilst Killeen is out there is no minimum average rider unattached that can score anymore than Fellows.

I think Oxfords Gods were shining on them last night. How often are we going to see Jack Smith fail to score double figures?

I would think that almost any unattached minimum averge rider would score more than Fellows. Hes proven to be off the pace, on the floor and had poor mechanical reliability.  He was an odd choice when signing and now being kept on seems a liability 

3 hours ago, Technik said:

Frequently.

Since 5 July 2019 Smith has ridden 16 away NL matches and only scored double figures twice. He is just not very good away from home.

(One of his rare double figure scores was at Oxford last year)

10 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I would think that almost any unattached minimum averge rider would score more than Fellows. Hes proven to be off the pace, on the floor and had poor mechanical reliability.  He was an odd choice when signing and now being kept on seems a liability 

It wouldn’t surprise me if they kept Woods when Killeen is back, and ditch Fellows. Somebody also mentioned the prospect of Ashton Vale as well. Killeen and Vale would be a cracking reserve pairing.

8 hours ago, Bojangles said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if they kept Woods when Killeen is back, and ditch Fellows. Somebody also mentioned the prospect of Ashton Vale as well. Killeen and Vale would be a cracking reserve pairing.

But with only 2 teams making the play-offs, they could be adrift by then. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Islander15 said:

It’s possible, but they are hardly adrift right now without Killeen. Just two points from Mildenhall in second - a team that have got all their points at home.

To be honest, other than the Colts away when Jenkins was ruled out, the Chargers have done okay without Killeen (narrow away loss at Mildenhall and a comfortable home win over Belle Vue).

I don’t think Killeen will be out much more than a couple of weeks anyway, so a top two finish is still well within touching distance at the end of the season. A key period with two away matches against Edinburgh and Berwick in early June, though. 

Edited by Bojangles

2 hours ago, Islander15 said:

5 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

It’s possible, but they are hardly adrift right now without Killeen. Just two points from Mildenhall in second - a team that have got all their points at home.

To be honest, other than the Colts away when Jenkins was ruled out, the Chargers have done okay without Killeen (narrow away loss at Mildenhall and a comfortable home win over Belle Vue).

I don’t think Killeen will be out much more than a couple of weeks anyway, so a top two finish is still well within touching distance at the end of the season. A key period with two away matches against Edinburgh and Berwick in early June, though. 

So far there's only been one away win in the league, if that keeps up, nearly every team will be in with a shout of the top 2!

11 hours ago, arnieg said:

Frequently.

Since 5 July 2019 Smith has ridden 16 away NL matches and only scored double figures twice. He is just not very good away from home.

(One of his rare double figure scores was at Oxford last year)

Yet Jack Smith frequently says in interviews he's looking for a Champ (or even Prem) team spot.

He'd certainly have a better chance of he can score double figures home & away.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

So far there's only been one away win in the league, if that keeps up, nearly every team will be in with a shout of the top 2!

Ha, very true. Bonus points could be crucial. 

• Like 1

Luke Killeen is from what I've heard and it's the truth not idle gossip, due to have an operation tomorrow. Hopefully it speeds up his recovery.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Yet Jack Smith frequently says in interviews he's looking for a Champ (or even Prem) team spot.

He'd certainly have a better chance of he can score double figures home & away.

He definitely talks a good talk 

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Thinks that highly likely to be a continuing trend. Away wins will be a big boost to any side but aggregate points even more key. Oxford still in with a great chance but when its so tight why be stubborn /gamble on Fellows.