British Speedway Forum
Bluenose

B S N Premiership Pass

It won't play the free content on my smart tv...obvs this is a deal breaker..I sent an email anyway to see if there's a way round it..I'm hoping so as I'm not interested in watching on my phone or laptop..This has not made me want to purchase it if it doesn't work on my TV.

Edited by chrismorton

On 2/28/2023 at 9:37 PM, chrismorton said:

It won't play the free content on my smart tv...obvs this is a deal breaker..I sent an email anyway to see if there's a way round it..I'm hoping so as I'm not interested in watching on my phone or laptop..This has not made me want to purchase it if it doesn't work on my TV.

Have you had any response from BSN re: your TV issue?

I can watch the content on my Samsung TV, but have lost ‘full control’ of the stream since the ‘new’ website was launched - and I’ve just emailed BSN asking if these are known issues and can be rectified.

On the ‘old’ BSN website I could watch on both my PC and Samsung smart TV with ‘full control’ of the stream. As I’m often unable to watch the matches ‘live’, I was watching them ‘on demand’ a few days later. This meant I could ‘fast forward’ between races if I was short of time and ‘rewind’ to watch races/incidents over again.

And, if I couldn’t finish watching the match in one viewing, I’d make a note of where I was up to and then I could go back (usually the next day) and ‘fast forward’ to start watching again at the point I’d reached the day before. As I said, I could do this on both my PC and Samsung TV and, obviously, I much preferred watching on my TV.

With the ‘new’ / relaunched website, though, I can only do this on my PC.  I have no control over the stream whilst watching on the Samsung TV.

I only found this out as I started to watch a match I’d not seen before the other night, and had reached heat 5 when the ‘phone rang. Rather than hit ‘pause’ I exited the stream. Going back into BSN after the ‘phone call, I found I couldn’t ‘fast forward’ the stream to heat 5 and was faced with watching the first 1 hour and 10 minutes all over again!! So I started the stream for 5 minutes or so and then tried to ‘rewind’ to listen again to something one of the presenters had said – but I found I couldn’t.

I then went to check my PC and found I could indeed move to start the stream at 1 hour 10 mins and watched the rest of the match.

In all honesty, though, if I knew I was going to have this problem when trying to watch on the TV, I might well not have renewed. I'm hoping, therefore, that BSN will reply offering a way of restoring watching on the TV to how it was on the ‘old’ website.

Well, I received a very prompt and informative reply from Martin at BSN in which he explained the situation with TV browsers, and how the old website did not work on many at all. They will take a look at the points I raised but he did say "Our biggest issue with TV browsers is making it work on so many different types."

Martin also mentioned:-

"However, we do have a nifty new feature on the new website. As you'll see, below the video is the results. For 2023 meetings, if you click the heat number it will fast forward to the exact point that race begins. This could help with your issue also.

We have it set up on the meeting below for you to see it in action."

https://watch.britishspeedway.co.uk/watch/524e0bc1-1302-404f-9293-6f8809cd751d

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes tbf they did respond and said it must be an old smart tv where the software doesn't work (it's 4 years old) ...Sounds like it's more trouble than it's worth to watch a speedway match on tv... shouldn't be that difficult..I'll pass I think.

On 2/28/2023 at 9:37 PM, chrismorton said:

37 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

Yes tbf they did respond and said it must be an old smart tv where the software doesn't work (it's 4 years old) ...Sounds like it's more trouble than it's worth to watch a speedway match on tv... shouldn't be that difficult..I'll pass I think.

Couldn't link your laptop to tv using hdmi cable to watch on tv?

2 hours ago, chrismorton said:

If you have an Amazon Firestick download Amazon Silk browser and cast to your Tv From Laptop or I Pad .My Panasonic Viera Tv is 7 years old and it worked for me.

Edited by Fromafar

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

If you have an Amazon Firestick download Amazon Silk browser and cast to your Tv From Laptop or I Pad .My Panasonic Viera Tv is 7 years old and it worked for me.

Why not just use Amazon Silk on firetv stick? No need to cast. 

Shouldn't be any reason Silk wouldn't work... if it doesn't then must be issues with the website/stream . 

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

58 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Why not just use Amazon Silk on firetv stick? No need to cast. 

Shouldn't be any reason Silk wouldn't work... if it doesn't then must be issues with the website/stream . 

You’re correct.Sorry I was mixing in my problem with  IPad to Panasonic TV which doesn’t work with older Panasonic TV using Firefox.Browser by mistake.(I was wanting to cast my I Pad to Tv but doesn’t work with new BSN Website due to Apple restrictions).If you have an Apple TV Box you can cast  straight from I PaD or IPhone using Airplay

Edited by Fromafar

21 hours ago, severnsider said:

You certainly can. On the occasions that I've watched it, that's what I've done.

On 3/5/2023 at 5:23 PM, severnsider said:

This is the easiest way to get BSN on the TV for those not technologically minded.

When using TV browsers we now also have the QR login meaning you don't need to use your TV keyboard!

• Like 1

On 3/9/2023 at 7:41 PM, MartinBSN said:

This is the easiest way to get BSN on the TV for those not technologically minded.

When using TV browsers we now also have the QR login meaning you don't need to use your TV keyboard!

I’ll need to try that - that’s a great feature, especially for those of us who use unique, long, complex passwords. 

I just use a HDMI cable and plug it in my laptop. Works a treat. An app would be great though but understand it's a big ask

1 minute ago, FishersGate said:

I just use a HDMI cable and plug it in my laptop. Works a treat. An app would be great though but understand it's a big ask

They did have an app but apparently not enough people used it so they have got rid of it for this season

2 hours ago, Noodles said:

They did have an app but apparently not enough people used it so they have got rid of it for this season

Probably cause most speedway fans have never heard of one !

18 hours ago, Noelinho said:

I’ll need to try that - that’s a great feature, especially for those of us who use unique, long, complex passwords. 

My parents have loads of trouble using their handset to put their password in coz for some reason their TV don't leave them signed in long term, every few wks they go to watch a meeting and they have to sign in again or more often then not i have to pop round to sign them in, i think the QR will be beyond them also sadly, good idea tho for those more up to speed with modern technology.