British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Predictions for 2023

8 hours ago, bri1966 said:

They will struggle to get the fixtures completed  before the playoffs 

Shouldn't happen this season with fewer fixtures, but with Speedway you never know!

I have noticed most teams have big gaps early on then get busier in August - I'm guessing that is so they are race-fit for the play-offs? Better hope there's not bad weather in August!

Edited by szkocjasid

So my predictions for league positions before play offs are

Glasgow

Redcar

Poole

Plymouth

Scunthorpe

Oxford

Edinburgh

Berwick

Birmingham

As for eventual winners of play off, Poole as they know how to finish the job, they also tend to be very lucky in avoiding injuries, Glasgow have a strong team but we must have broken a few mirrors as when in contention we have had injuries which have hampered us greatly, also I think there is too much pressure put on the team to win. Although I like challenging for honours , I miss the times when we had fun celebrating if we hit 30 points away from home. Has got a bit too serious now. I will add that for entertainment value, we have that in spades with this team, a case of watching through your fingers.

1 hour ago, Cookiefan said:

So my predictions for league positions before play offs are

Glasgow

Redcar

Poole

Plymouth

Scunthorpe

Oxford

Edinburgh

Berwick

Birmingham

As for eventual winners of play off, Poole as they know how to finish the job, they also tend to be very lucky in avoiding injuries, Glasgow have a strong team but we must have broken a few mirrors as when in contention we have had injuries which have hampered us greatly, also I think there is too much pressure put on the team to win. Although I like challenging for honours , I miss the times when we had fun celebrating if we hit 30 points away from home. Has got a bit too serious now. I will add that for entertainment value, we have that in spades with this team, a case of watching through your fingers.

Maybe a prediction of how many reruns Glasgow will have this season? ;)

• Like 1

1. Glasgow 

9. Edinburgh 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Maybe a prediction of how many reruns Glasgow will have this season? ;)

Well,  we don't get your lovely weather, rains all the time up here and track was rideable, but not raceable

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

Well,  we don't get your lovely weather, rains all the time up here and track was rideable, but not raceable

I meant cos of the watching behind your fingers so might be a few crashes! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gazc said:

1. Glasgow 

9. Edinburgh 

You wish, even then probably lose the playoffs :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I meant cos of the watching behind your fingers so might be a few crashes! 

Yeah I think it's a team that there's going to be a fight to get on the outside line!! Don't see much room for team riding lol

• Like 1

Don't forget it is possible to be bottom for half a season and still win the league, so never give up hope! 

Indeed, Coventry 2010 springs immediately to mind :D

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Don't forget it is possible to be bottom for half a season and still win the league, so never give up hope! 

Was that really at the start of the season or after the drubbing at Plymouth / home defeat to Leicester?

It's also possible to finish 4th from bottom & become Champions. No need for panic if your team loses at home in 2023!

Edited by szkocjasid

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Was that really at the start of the season or after the drubbing at Plymouth / home defeat to Leicester?

It's also possible to finish 4th from bottom & become Champions. No need for panic if your team loses at home in 2023!

That was from 2018 in the 'higher league'. Maybe slightly easier as less teams to get past in the table! But can be applied to either league now I think as similar size. 

56 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

That was from 2018 in the 'higher league'. Maybe slightly easier as less teams to get past in the table! But can be applied to either league now I think as similar size. 

Indeed, didn't spot the date.

My Prediction for the season

(1) Redcar

(2) Glasgow

(3) Poole

(4) Scunthorpe

(5) Plymouth

(6) Berwick

(7) Oxford

(8) Edinburgh

(9) Birmingham

2 hours ago, spin king said:

My Prediction for the season

(1) Redcar

(2) Glasgow

(3) Poole

(4) Scunthorpe

(5) Plymouth

(6) Berwick

(7) Oxford

(8) Edinburgh

(9) Birmingham

Would agree with you on the top5. Not sure about the 6th place or the order of top 5

Edited by Fromafar