British Speedway Forum
Speedway fan

BEN FUND BONANZA SAT 25 MARCH 5PM AT KINGS LYNN

Hi guys, I second the request for heat times if anyone has them please? Knew it would happen that they make a big deal about my laps transponders but then the bspl website and the kings lynn website still don’t include them in reports etc lol

4 hours ago, Mimmo said:

I have to disagree with you about it being a crap meeting, there was some excellent racing at times, and I thought Danny King was a deserved winner.
The junior racing was also very good considering their ages, and Neil Vatcher must be congratulated for the effort he puts into this level of racing.
The Veterans was obviously just a nostalgia thing, but part of history of our sport.
I do agree with you about the endless displays between heats, they were far to long.
I wish Dick Barrie hadn't kept speaking on the centre concrete for so long at a time, thus making it a rush for Kevin Moore to read out the results and times. Just one thing mate, when giving the times, can you keep your voice raised please, as many of us around where I was, and you know where, just couldn't catch them. Just a request please, thanks buddy.
I disagree with FinalBendThree, I was bloody frozen in the latter stages of the meeting.

But hey ho, whatever our differing thoughts, the season is underway, and I hope bags of money was made.  Have a good year, whoever you support. 

Thanks Mimmo  shows how it is possible  to have a different opinion  without the need to be abusive

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Thanks Mimmo  shows how it is possible  to have a different opinion  without the need to be abusive

I'm not sure being called Victor Meldrew or a 'clown' is particularly abusive, in fact the worst word on the entire thread is 'crap', and you used that yourself.

Would be nice if you could acually have a discussion rather than slagging something off (as you normally do) and then disappearing when people disagree. Other than the delays which to be honest I didn't really notice as I was chatting to lots of people I hadn't seen for months, why did you think it was 'crap'? There was passing and close racing from the first heat to the last on a good surface between a well matched field and it raised money for a good cause. 

As somebody has said perhaps speedway is no longer for you. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I'm not sure being called Victor Meldrew or a 'clown' is particularly abusive, in fact the worst word on the entire thread is 'crap', and you used that yourself.

Would be nice if you could acually have a discussion rather than slagging something off (as you normally do) and then disappearing when people disagree. Other than the delays which to be honest I didn't really notice as I was chatting to lots of people I hadn't seen for months, why did you think it was 'crap'? There was passing and close racing from the first heat to the last on a good surface between a well matched field and it raised money for a good cause. 

Not sure British Speedway can afford that! 

27 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not sure British Speedway can afford that! 

True, possibly better for folk to pay to watch it and moan & groan rather than not bother at all! 

Thank you all this is the last post I will ever make on BSF.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

The lad in orange on the 250cc looked an excellent prospect, can't remember his name. Apparently he competes in multiple motorcycle sports and is good at them all, makes you sick :D

That will be Cooper Rushen, multi title winner in last seasons British Youth rounds, on the grass, flat track and rode in the NJL for Redcar last season. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

That will be Cooper Rushen, multi title winner in last seasons British Youth rounds, on the grass, flat track and rode in the NJL for Redcar last season. 

And only 12yrs old I believe.

11 minutes ago, tellboy said:

And only 12yrs old I believe.

Gordon Bennett! 

43 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Gordon Bennett! 

Nope

Cooper Rushen

Edited by Triple.H.
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Nope

Cooper Rushen

Beat me to it Triple.H.

48 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Beat me to it Triple.H.

He beat everyone to it!! 

My first meeting for a long long time, 

Despite the uninspiring line up, the meeting itself was enjoyable, King was a class the above the rest and was a fully deserved winner, lindgren was the most entertaining, by missing the gate in every race he made some sublime passes, 

8 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I would say Victor Meldrew and Clown is insulting, not abusive. I think ‘crap’ was the taken in bad context, understandable. From what I read the long waits between action is also what really puts me off (crap). I want race after race, as per Wealdstone, not standing around in the cold. Especially for those less fortunate. That’s not entertaining. You stated that you didn’t even understand his comment.
Just get on with the meeting is all he meant, as I read it. Pleased you had a good day for a great cause. 

28 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

I would say Victor Meldrew and Clown is insulting, not abusive. I think ‘crap’ was the taken in bad context, understandable. From what I read the long waits between action is also what really puts me off (crap). I want race after race, as per Wealdstone, not standing around in the cold. Especially for those less fortunate. That’s not entertaining. You stated that you didn’t even understand his comment.
Just get on with the meeting is all he meant, as I read it. Pleased you had a good day for a great cause. 

In fairness we had 27 heats, a parade and a sun delay in two and three quarter hours, is that really that bad? Were the gaps between races really that long? I'm not so sure. 

I think around ninety minutes for a standard 15 heat meeting is about right personally so that wasn't too bad last night IMO. 

• Like 1