British Speedway Forum
Pauldoveyspeedway

Predictions for Prem 2023 as teams stand ...

2 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Could be a tough league this year, hope it is.

predictions are way harder as you could put a valid argument in for any of the teams.

1. Ipswich. Look the strongest on paper. Rew is probably the key and it depends how quick he settles in. The strongest top 2 bar none.

2. Belle Vue. Solid look with young chargers only getting better. Lidsey is on a steal of an average. How that hasn’t been reassessed I’ll never know.

3. Sheffield - extremely solid. Bellego is a much better rider than when last here. Gilkes definetly one to watch. If he comes back well from his injury they are going to be very dangerous.

THE REST

4. Leicester. Solid top 4 but very iffy bottom end. Will need one of them to step up to be serious challengers.

5.  Wolves. Look exposed compared to some of the other teams.  Masters has proved he is a true number 1. Becker or Douglas (or both) really need to step up otherwise we could be hovering around the basement. 

6. Peterborough - Pedersen and Iversen are so injury prone so both need to stay fit. Basso should improve also. Definetly an improvement on 2022. Lots of injuries to other riders with dirty Nicki back here.

7. Kings Lynn - solid but not real leader. KK has to be the worst signing. How long will he last before he stops trying and gets kicked out. Never been a big threat in the UK league. Jakobsen at reserve is a huge bonus. 

Fair assessment, although it would be nice if you could do a prediction one year without all the little digs :D

Just now, Bagpuss said:

Fair assessment, although it would be nice if you could do a prediction one year without all the little digs :D

I’d rather someone said why they have teams in certain spots, not sticking Ipswich bottom like someone did with no explanation…they possibly might be bottom but I don’t think anyone else can see that happening 

1 minute ago, JoeW436 said:

I’d rather someone said why they have teams in certain spots, not sticking Ipswich bottom like someone did with no explanation…they possibly might be bottom but I don’t think anyone else can see that happening 

Yep fair, but we all know Brum doesn't like Pedersen or KK, we've heard it ad nauseum.

Plus as much of a plank as NP can be on a speedway bike, it's a myth that he injures riders. Maybe it's because they get out of his way :D

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I think with KK he start on fire,,, then after the track is a bit wet and dodgy one night he will be useless,,, then he will go down hill quickly,, then get sacked. 

Deja vu all over again. Should have signed Chris Holder....oh, hang on......

• Haha 2

If the track is wet I have seen KK wave other riders though. See what Buster makes of that one!! :party:

(Although this was prob mid-2000s ish) 

However how wet the tracks were in those days would probably get called off mid afternoon now!! 

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If the track is wet I have seen KK wave other riders though. See what Buster makes of that one!! :party:

(Although this was prob mid-2000s ish) 

However how wet the tracks were in those days would probably get called off mid afternoon now!! 

When i started going in the 70's, i've been to a few meetings at Lynn when they were still pumping water off of the 3rd and 4th bends 45 mins before the meeting starts. Bit of saw dust and jobs a good one.

On the Buster bit, no comment;)

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

100%

The greatest rider to never be World Champion :drink:

World u21 champion.

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

World u21 champion.

Suchanek was robbed  :rofl:

12 hours ago, Col said:

So who do people think will be the top ten in the averages?  I'll go for....
Jason Doyle 9.9
Dan Bewley 9.7
Max Fricke 9.1
Emil Sayfutdinov 8.9
Tobiasz Musielak 8.3
Jack Holder 8.2
Niels-Kristian Iversen 7.9
Sam Masters 7.9
Nicki Pedersen 7.8
Brady Kurtz 7.8

Jason Doyle 10.0

Dan Bewley 9.3

Nicki Pedersen 9.0

Emil Sayfutdinov 8.9

Max Fricke 8.4

Tobiasz Musielak 8.2

Brady Kurtz 8.1

Jack Holder 8.0

Sam Masters 7.9

Krzystof Kasprzak 7.8

On 3/1/2023 at 4:39 PM, FishersGate said:

I think we can all agree this is the toughest prediction of who comes where for a long long time. Every team has a case for making the play offs. I keep changing my predictions every day. It's actually fantastic. Didn't want Leicester to move up initially but now I'm a little bit more excited for the season ahead.  

I agree completely, each team has a positive side to it imo

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Aah come on, Dirty Nicki and KK haven’t ridden here for years. Cut me some slack! 

• Haha 1

Krzystof Kasprzak 12.00

Frederik Jakobsen 10.00

Nicolai Klindt 9.50

Jason Doyle 9.50

Emil Sayfutdinov 9.00

Dan Bewley 8.50

Max Fricke 8.00 

Nicki Pedersen 7.50 

Brady Kurtz 7.50

Tobiasz Musielak 7.00

Jack Holder 7.00

Niels-Kristian Iversen 7.00

Sam Masters 7.00

Edited by Daniel Smith
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Aah come on, Dirty Nicki and KK haven’t ridden here for years. Cut me some slack! 

You've just never liked KK, he has had quite a few top seasons in the UK with Poole and Coventry. Also wasnt he an 8 plus rider with Arena and BV ? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Cheese said:
  1. Sheffield
  2. Belle Vue
  3. Ipswich
  4. Leicester
  5. Wolves
  6. Peterborough
  7. King's Lynn

Not 100% on the order, I'd say the top 3 will certainly be in the play-offs and 4/5/6 all have a good chance of joining them. 

I think you are spot on with this, sheffield are the best team imo.

It's a tough call this year, with only seven clubs there will be little room for error & I can see there being swift changes should any rider not be producing their expected returns. all teams now have a full seven & whilst some were quick to name theirs submitting to the pressure of the social media whilst a couple played their cards old school. Oveall the teams look well matched some with depth others top heavy but fair entertaining racing should be the result.

Belle Vue; A very young side they should do well if they can avoid injuries. I expect Lidsey & Brennan will be the two most likely to make a big jump in average. Mulford (RS) is very new to the shale but has very fast equipment so should progress. Not many will leave Manchester with a victory

Ipswich; Doyle & Sayfutdinov as a top two, Chris Louis has worked wonders to get this over the line Add King & Riss to form a massive spearhead. I'm not sure how Rew will fare having seen him in Europe I'm not entirely convinced & the reserves may not be the strongest but there has to be some give.

Kings Lynn; I'm sorry to say but I don't think the stars have a strong enough side in any area. I like KK but he is way past his prime & (RS) Edwards is possibly one of the weaker picks. Lets hope the Danes can work together & pull a rabbit out of a hat.

Leicester; An average team for the Lions, How much longer can Bomber go on with his wall-of-death sweeps around the boards after missing the start. Is Thompson ready for this upgrade. Like Lynn Leicester have gone heavy on one nation & the lions go Aussie so can that Aussie spirit lift them?

Peterborough; After the disapointment of Chris Holder the Panthers bring in Nicki P, IMO a better choice on past records but can he pick it up one more time I think with countrymen NKI & Hans Andersen by his side again he may just & .with Basso & Cooke in the mix it could be a better season at the showground.

Sheffield; Jack Holder will again move his career forward this season & pull the Tigers along with him. Ellis will be happy to have longtime friend David Bellego alongside & with Musielak loving the big tracks they will not loose many. I believe Gilkes as (RS) will just get carried on the wave to learn at his own pace.

Wolverhampton; In Leon Flint Wolves clearly have the strongest (RS) & he must remain fit if they are to find success. Early reports from Australia show Schlein has not dropped an inchbut I believe they are missing a big hitter at Monmore.

Top 3; Ipswich, Sheffield, Belle Vue

Edited by Technik
seen spelling
  • Like 1