British Speedway Forum

On 4/20/2023 at 4:03 PM, IanBrannan said:

The old app no longer works, BSN has a new website which if you go on the web page options on your phone and choose “Add to Home Screen” you will get a little BSN tile appear as with other apps, and the website will magically become an app 

I'm probably being stupid, but I've done that and bought the Poole v Plymouth stream and I'm not seeing a cast option to watch it on my TV?

I had no issues last season, the cast icon was on the viewing window on my phone so I Chromecast it but it's not there now, so what am I doing wrong? 

Ignore above! Seemed it was my Chromecast device. I unplugged it and re booted it and all is good :t:

Edited by AFCB Wildcat

10 hours ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

I'm probably being stupid, but I've done that and bought the Poole v Plymouth stream and I'm not seeing a cast option to watch it on my TV?

Fortunately for you it was a terrible Speedway meeting and you've probably dodged a bullet there :D

11 hours ago, iainb said:

Fortunately for you it was a terrible Speedway meeting and you've probably dodged a bullet there :D

Unfortunately, I resolved my technical issue and watched it. It wasn't the best meeting was it? :D

I don't know what happened tbh. My phone wasn't finding my Chromecast for some reason? It's never happened before, but probably best not to try to resolve technical issues when you've just come back from the pub.

• Haha 1

I hope Ben doesn't mind me posting this but just had brilliant service off BSN. I couldn't watch the Sheffield meeting last night but was hoping to watch the heats by clicking on each heat individually but it hasn't been updated yet. Sent BSN an email just asking when it would be done. 50 minutes later Ben replied explaining it would have been done today but because of tonight's Redcar meeting it would be early next week and apologised for the delay. I replied no problem keep up the good work and Ben replied saying thanks for your understanding. What brilliant customer service. Because i may be retiring soon I was thinking maybe next year I wouldn't take out both packages with BSN to save a bit of money. But after this service il find a way to keep both packages next year, well done Ben and BSN

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bruno said:

I hope Ben doesn't mind me posting this but just had brilliant service off BSN. I couldn't watch the Sheffield meeting last night but was hoping to watch the heats by clicking on each heat individually but it hasn't been updated yet. Sent BSN an email just asking when it would be done. 50 minutes later Ben replied explaining it would have been done today but because of tonight's Redcar meeting it would be early next week and apologised for the delay. I replied no problem keep up the good work and Ben replied saying thanks for your understanding. What brilliant customer service. Because i may be retiring soon I was thinking maybe next year I wouldn't take out both packages with BSN to save a bit of money. But after this service il find a way to keep both packages next year, well done Ben and BSN

Their Customer Service is Second to none.Martin was fantastic at guiding me through how to get the streaming set up properly during the winter after they had changed their App.Very patient and understanding.Hope their business is paying off.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kitten2502 said:

Is anyone having issues with losing connection/buffering tonight - probably just me - really annoying.

Perfect for me no problems 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kitten2502 said:

Is anyone having issues with losing connection/buffering tonight - probably just me - really annoying.

Perfect for me

4 hours ago, bruno said:

Perfect for me no problems 

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Perfect for me

As suspected then, just me :D

It will be interesting to see what the feedback is at Sky at their broadcasting of "F1Juniors" on their Sky Showcase channel at the end of the F1 season.  Bearing in mind Speedway's dire need to do something to attract a younger audience, maybe this "Juniors" format is an option for the future of speedway on TV, if the feedback is generally positive?

Quick disclaimer - it's NOT my cup of tea and I only watched it long enough to gain a general flavour of it, BUT IF it gets kids watching, and it's in a format that they are used to from their games consoles etc, then maybe it serves a purpose. Gotta love the innocence of the kid interviewing Nico Rosberg live whilst the race was in progress and calling him a liar to his face! :D  If only adult interviewers had the guts to do that.

why not showing replay of Edinburgh v Poole match just says live stream finished.

1 hour ago, DazS said:

why not showing replay of Edinburgh v Poole match just says live stream finished.

The Police were at the stadium to investigate what happened, that was mentioned on BSN just before the stream finished. No doubt the HSE will be involved as well.

Meeting was abandoned and probably for legal reasons the stream cannot be shared.

Edited by Triple.H.

1 hour ago, Triple.H. said:

The Police were at the stadium to investigate what happened, that was mentioned on BSN just before the stream finished. No doubt the HSE will be involved as well.

Meeting was abandoned and probably for legal reasons the stream cannot be shared.

wow i didn't want to know the result so never looked at any comments on the match. sounds intriguing:shock:

3 minutes ago, DazS said:

wow i didn't want to know the result so never looked at any comments on the match. sounds intriguing:shock:

Match thread has all the details.

Cookies bike went over the fence and a photographer was hit and left in a bad way, though thankfully should make a full recovery even though he has pretty serious injuries.

• Thanks 1

health and safety will love this, they can now add new rules to our lives! to keep us all safe obviously