British Speedway Forum
edmon

Monarchs Academy 2023

18 minutes ago, StevePark said:

When, presumably, he will be back in the side..... so won't sit out Leicester as you suggest.

"A rider taken out of a team cannot be re-introduced in that team within 14 days"  obviously depending on when the declarations go through etc but Leicester away is 24th June so mighty tight. But he could be an AR for Edinburgh (or i really hope he ends up guesting for Leicester in place of Foord for the two meetings :rofl: )

28 minutes ago, StevePark said:

When, presumably, he will be back in the side..... so won't sit out Leicester as you suggest.

Think he can come back in after the Leicester match at home.

Clegg has a "recent" CL average of 5.06 from 1/6 so wouldn't his NDL average be twice that?

I do remember though that when Cook signed for Ipswich a few years ago that after he had ridden for Kings Lynn he should have got a new PL average from, I think from memory, 1st June but still signed on his May average after signing on or around 7th June as that was the press release so for ratification purposes, signed after 1st June on about the 4th. No body at that time explained how or why they managed to do it.

RULES eh!!! 

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

"A rider taken out of a team cannot be re-introduced in that team within 14 days"  obviously depending on when the declarations go through etc but Leicester away is 24th June so mighty tight. But he could be an AR for Edinburgh (or i really hope he ends up guesting for Leicester in place of Foord for the two meetings :rofl: )

Well obviously the redeclaration to fit Clegg in must be done at some point before 9 June, so 14 days after will be 23 June at the latest.     Seems the fiddle can be done in time for the Leicester meeting.

Pretty sure it used to be the case that someone removed from a 1-7 could not be reintroduced the same season, to prevent this sort of fiddle.  

Not sure how you think Simpson could be an AR for Edinburgh.  None of the top 5 are injured, so I don't see any benefit in leaving one of them out.

16 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

Well obviously the redeclaration to fit Clegg in must be done at some point before 9 June, so 14 days after will be 23 June at the latest.     Seems the fiddle can be done in time for the Leicester meeting.

Pretty sure it used to be the case that someone removed from a 1-7 could not be reintroduced the same season, to prevent this sort of fiddle.  

Not sure how you think Simpson could be an AR for Edinburgh.  None of the top 5 are injured, so I don't see any benefit in leaving one of them out.

Think you can name AR at any point this season not just if running RR and they can take any rides so in theory could take a ride each for Lyden, Wood and Parker.....you would fancy Simpsons chances to get a decent return in heats 2,8 & 14.

2 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Think you can name AR at any point this season not just if running RR 

Erm no.    An Additional rider is if you are running Rider Replacement.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Clegg has a "recent" CL average of 5.06 from 1/6 so wouldn't his NDL average be twice that?

I do remember though that when Cook signed for Ipswich a few years ago that after he had ridden for Kings Lynn he should have got a new PL average from, I think from memory, 1st June but still signed on his May average after signing on or around 7th June as that was the press release so for ratification purposes, signed after 1st June on about the 4th. No body at that time explained how or why they managed to do it.

RULES eh!!! 

I'm pretty sure the "most recent" average is for Prem & Champ. As Clegg rode in the NL last year, I was expecting him to sign on his 11+ average.

Edited by szkocjasid

15 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm pretty sure the "most recent" average I'd for Prem & Champ. As Clegg rode in the NL last year, I was expecting him to sign on his 11+ average.

It must of been easy 11+ 5 meetings for kent he didn't drop a point.

Just to make things more interesting, Mickie Simpson will be replacing Josh Embleton in Berwick Bullets' line-up against the Bog Moggies on Saturday.........

17 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Think he can come back in after the Leicester match at home.

Would he not come back to Edinburgh on the average they released him on?

Was told a few years ago by someone that if the rider was dropped another team could sign him on his new average but the team releasing him had to sign him on the average he was replaced on (unless his average had went up).

Mickie Simpson could probably pick up lots of guest bookings now he's on a 3.00 average, far more racing than if he signs for a team. Although if his average then rises above 3.00, he'd just need to find a team sharpish so he doesn't get frozen out (like Jody Scott did signing for Oxford last year).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Mickie Simpson could probably pick up lots of guest bookings now he's on a 3.00 average, far more racing than if he signs for a team. Although if his average then rises above 3.00, he'd just need to find a team sharpish so he doesn't get frozen out (like Jody Scott did signing for Oxford last year).

Guest bookings don't count towards his average, so it would (while guesting) remain the same.

45 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Guest bookings don't count towards his average, so it would (while guesting) remain the same.

010.2 MATCH AVERAGES (MA’s)

"A NDL rider, who is not in a NDL, ‘League’ Team Declaration will be given an Established MA after completing 4 meetings, irrespective of being home or away in any official team competition"

• Like 1