British Speedway Forum
Cast1rn

Best Food in the championship

16 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Just for a bit of fun comparison check out the Pirate Cast Live 'Cheeseburger Challenge' video on You Tube where the 3 Poole Stadium food outlet burgers are compared by the Piratecast team.

www.YouTube.com/PiratecastLive

Hold on, I’ve just gotta poke my eyes out with a blunt nail.

Used to skip a meal to have John Anderson's burgers at Berwick (the pies were apparently as good). The only other place to eat speedway food is Isle of Wight. The chicken curry - personally cooked by Barry Bishop - is the best home made I have ever tasted. 

• Like 2

When Berwick was owned by John Anderson, it would of arguably been the best, but to be honest, I can’t think of any that stand out these days, anytime i’ve had Redcar’s food, it’s not been great, not been to Scunny for a while though and have heard good things. P’Boro had some alright stuff but was double the price of everywhere else, Rye’s chippy was decent.

45 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

I'm on the "lean" stuff and if you don't melt it its like chewing sawdust.

Nice! :D

Battered chips at the Chippy near Monmore Green were the best imo... avent been for a few years...apologies, just realised the topic states Championship food? On that note... I can only confirm that bham  food is rubbishe!

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Battered chips at the Chippy near Monmore Green were the best imo... avent been for a few years...apologies, just realised the topic states Championship food? On that note... I can only confirm that bham  food is rubbishe!

Thank you for the confirmation :rofl:

4 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Hold on, I’ve just gotta poke my eyes out with a blunt nail.

At least that would stop you seeing anything on here and that would mean we didn't have to suffer the rubbish you type! Result, I am sure I could find a bag of rusty nails for you.

• Like 2

The best burgers in speedway were at Newcastle in the early 00's. Track burgers were crap so we bought prime beef direct from a small butcher and served them them in a specially provided caravan beside the office doors. We used to sell out every week with big queues and the track owners were against us selling them and we had to pay a premium for selling from the caravan. We then started to serve hot drinks as well, as the owners had not provided a disabled lift as per the regulations and it meant that disabled fans didn't need to go upstairs for anything. We got loads of praise for the quality of the beef. Perhaps Halifaxtiger can remember them, can you Chris ?.    

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chris116 said:

At least that would stop you seeing anything on here and that would mean we didn't have to suffer the rubbish you type! Result, I am sure I could find a bag of rusty nails for you.

Blunt not rusty please. ChoCho.

23 hours ago, HGould said:

Absolutely JJ it is ARC Stadium fault. 

As you'll know its even worse than their food and staff though. 

The sight of their ARC stadium security making speedway supporters hand in sandwiches and plastic water bottles before entering PB for speedway was an utter disgrace and alienated many. 

That was ludicrous ... as with the dozen or so useless 'security' guards which the promotion had to pay for!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tsunami said:

The best burgers in speedway were at Newcastle in the early 00's. Track burgers were crap so we bought prime beef direct from a small butcher and served them them in a specially provided caravan beside the office doors. We used to sell out every week with big queues and the track owners were against us selling them and we had to pay a premium for selling from the caravan. We then started to serve hot drinks as well, as the owners had not provided a disabled lift as per the regulations and it meant that disabled fans didn't need to go upstairs for anything. We got loads of praise for the quality of the beef. Perhaps Halifaxtiger can remember them, can you Chris ?.    

Was the small butcher " rob grant"?