British Speedway Forum
Cast1rn

Best Food in the championship

10 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Was the small butcher " rob grant"?

I was going to clarify that. I think Rob was a rider for us in those days, but Darryl Illingworth knew this butcher so we went with him.

Edited by Tsunami

22 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Does it work? I hear vegan cheese can be harder to melt.

I never let the cheese even have time to melt over my chips before! :D

• Haha 2

The beef burgers at Middlesbrough's Cleveland Park were top notch back in the day.

Berwick's were good when Anderson was there and Grants at Newcastle last year were also really nice.

Edited by Bellers101

On 1/22/2023 at 12:18 PM, Gazc said:

As has already been stated Glasgow outsourced the catering last season and to be honest it was awful in general.

I had the misfortune to purchase a pie as I went straight from work it lasted one bite and straight into the bin, I have never looked at pies the same since.

Can't comment on their other items but the Coffee and Pie put paid to me ever trying again 

I was up all night hurling into the toilet after eating those pies last season , never again 

Can tell we're all a bit bored now teams more or less confirmed and still 2 months to the season starts when there's a 4 page thread on scran :rofl:

• Haha 1

In the London area the worst burgers I ever had were at Harringay. Admittedly speedway had finished a few years earlier but I doubt if they were any better in the speedway days and I can say they were dreadful in the stock car and banger days during the 60s and 70s. 

48 minutes ago, Paulco said:

I was up all night hurling into the toilet after eating those pies last season , never again 

Maybe too much Alcohol used to wash it down.!!

Edited by Fromafar
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Maybe too much Alcohol used to wash it down.!!

The pie would be the easy cop out but on this occasion having had the misfortune to sample one myself I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Can tell we're all a bit bored now teams more or less confirmed and still 2 months to the season starts when there's a 4 page thread on scran :rofl:

It’s a winter thing we are all depressed.

• Like 1

I Had a BBQ pulled pork roll at Oxford last season. I enjoyed but it was a bit messy & very overpriced IMO

49 minutes ago, Technik said:

I Had a BBQ pulled pork roll at Oxford last season. I enjoyed but it was a bit messy & very overpriced IMO

Ye pay extra for dinner medals ;)

16 hours ago, Gazc said:

The pie would be the easy cop out but on this occasion having had the misfortune to sample one myself I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

On this occasion the pies were definitely the culprit 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Jaizer said:

What else can we do?

8 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

What else can we do?

Discuss who has the best start Marshall apparently :o

• Haha 1