British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Oxford v Swindon Select - Rescheduled April 19

4 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Too much info on your love-life, Lisa?

Lol, live it is meant to be! Stupid phone always changing my words lol. It called Craig Cook a fool once instead of something else ( can't remember what) and I had to apologise to him :D

19 hours ago, Toady said:

A great meeting in prospect and all people can do is moan about having to buy tickets online even though you can pay on the gate.

Speedway is shooting itself in the foot with all these variations of booking Online and pay more on the day methods of payment.Everybody should be paying the same amount however you go to watch.IMO

• Like 6

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I love in a small town and pretty sure there is at least 3, possibly 4, plus a post office! 

This is how rumours start...

Edited by Nickinho
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

You can pay on the gate but it costs a bit more and is payable by card. 

I said last year that I was amazed that the stadium isn't card only for everything. You might like to use cash but lots of places are going card only. Banks are few and far between nowadays so banking the takings is a pain in the neck. 

Lots of places are now rejecting cash but if they don't want my money anymore then so be it, i can spend it on something else. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

Lots of places are now rejecting cash but if they don't want my money anymore then so be it, i can spend it on something else. 

Your loss then but you obviously ain’t an Oxford fan as all last season was pay online and there were all demographics in the healthy crowds roll on 29/03/23

2 hours ago, Toady said:

Your loss then but you obviously ain’t an Oxford fan as all last season was pay online and there were all demographics in the healthy crowds roll on 29/03/23

...my brother doesn't own a computer or an app device so I ordererd a ticket on his behalf.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

...my brother doesn't own a computer or an app device so I ordererd a ticket on his behalf.

I think others do that  for friends and family  otherwise  it would be a shame to miss out 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Toady said:

I think others do that  for friends and family  otherwise  it would be a shame to miss out 

I did it all last season for a mate of mine and a few other people on an adhoc basis. 

This year as soon as STs were announced my mate asked if I'd get him one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, StevePark said:

So - if you have cash in your pocket - but no money in your bank account, you can't get in?

Yeah seems that way, but you could purchase a programme as there cash only apparently. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

Incidentally how does he receive and print said ticket or do you do it for him ?

52 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

I did it all last season for a mate of mine and a few other people on an adhoc basis. 

This year as soon as STs were announced my mate asked if I'd get him one.

He must have been happy with the show then

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Toady said:

Incidentally how does he receive and print said ticket or do you do it for him ?

He lives in York and was staying with a friend in Oxford so I passed it on to him. As a matter of interest is one able to quote a booking reference number on entry or are you required to show a piece of paper?

16 minutes ago, mc131 said:

Yeah seems that way, but you could purchase a programme as there cash only apparently. 

...that's a good point?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toady said:

That’s the point,they should not have to miss  out or pay more though .IMO

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

He lives in York and was staying with a friend in Oxford so I passed it on to him. As a matter of interest is one able to quote a booking reference number on entry or are you required to show a piece of paper?

Show ours on the phone but I think others show paper ticket 

• Thanks 1