Troy Batchelor 
Anders Rowe 
Claus Vissing 
Jack Smith 
Sam Hagon 

Happy with it? 

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Happy with it? 

I think so. Would rather have seen a stronger side with Oxford using guests, but all but Sam are former Robins so I'm happy with that. Would like to have seen Musielak though.

(Edit - Not sure Rowe is actually a former Robin, but was an asset so as good as.)

Edited by Grachan
  • Like 1

I think it will be a solid workout for the home side. I think the Swindon team edge it slightly but it should be very close.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I think so. Would rather have seen a stronger side with Oxford using guests, but all but Sam are former Robins so I'm happy with that. Would like to have seen Musielak though.

(Edit - Not sure Rowe is actually a former Robin, but was an asset so as good as.)

Was expecting a slightly stronger Swindon side but as you say if 6 out of 7 are connected with Swindon then that is fair enough. Also I guess it is the reserves on each side that benefit out of the meeting the most. 

Would have liked to have seen Musielak, Jensen, Bellego, but would be too one-sided. Will wait until near day to get tickets, weather dependent, as you can't pay on gate. Programme is cash only.

Wonder how many are put off with no paying at the gate?, is george english in charge of programme sales!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

So... It's just me that thinks the Swindon team looks way stronger?

Apart from Doyle obviously a gp rider they are evenly matched 

On very rough maths on averages if you have Doyle a 12, Ellis was roughly 8 last season in champ, batch was about 7, vissing and Rowe 5s, Smith a 3 and hagon 2. Roughly 42 so not far off the points limit Oxford built too

3 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Will wait until near day to get tickets, weather dependent, as you can't pay on gate. Programme is cash only.

Oops records stuck again! Actually worked to our advantage last year a meeting was cancelled so we were all automatically refunded and able to use that ticket to go to the rearranged fixture free of charge

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

So... It's just me that thinks the Swindon team looks way stronger?

Looking forward to it, Side does look strong, However be a good warm up for Oxford win or lose.

I’m personally happy with those line ups. Pleased Batch is in as well. Will be making the trip. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Wonder how many are put off with no paying at the gate?, is george english in charge of programme sales!

I think you will find not many as robins supporters have been starved of action since 2019 and there are still plenty out there.

Oxford crowd very good last season with no pay at gate .

Should be a great occasion...the resurrection of the "Budgies" for one match only and to relive one of the greatest rivalries in speedway between Oxford and Swindon going back to 1949. Just needs Reading now?