British Speedway Forum

28 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Well, crowds are depleted at British speedway, we all acknowledge that. Many have said speedway needs to be a show to attract younger ones to come and see a show, not just to see 22 minutes of racing (15 if it’s a league match). BV did something last night to give more value for money. Introduced riders to the crowds via passengers on Harley Davidsons and at the start line up. Chase the Ace always works had. The whole meeting was very slickly run (no delays), a 5 rider semi, and a 6 rider final. I think that was pretty good show from BV, yet there is criticism. Anyone with some positive critisism ? Something that promotors can do to make a live meeting more attractive on a regular basis, but not costing a fortune.

I'm not looking for an argument but 8 old men going round the track on some Triumph motorbikes is not going to get the kids to come through the turnstiles... making the riders available for photo's with their bikes in full clobber etc pre-meeting would maybe help

Really enjoyed that, the racing improved after a slow start. A fair bit of rustiness on show but a competitive meeting with the cream rising to the top in the later stages. Always a great speedway experience and night out at the NSS.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

BV did something last night to give more value for money. Introduced riders to the crowds via passengers on Harley Davidsons and at the start line up. 

Probably best not to suggest that the members of the Triumph Owners' Club were on Harley Davidsons... :D

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, PotteringAround said:

Probably best not to suggest that the members of the Triumph Owners' Club were on Harley Davidsons... :D

Ian Brannan started it last night.

11 minutes ago, nw42 said:

Ian Brannan started it last night.

Woah hang on..! ;) A) I was at the back of the stand with no information of the model of bike, and  B, I did say they’re were not necessarily Harleys, so many apologies! 

Edited by IanBrannan
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, IanBrannan said:

Woah hang on..! ;) A) I was at the back of the stand with no information of the model of bike, and  B, I did say they’re were not necessarily Harleys, so many apologies! 

Thought that might bring you online, you're correct of course, on both points, so many apologies.

Thought the presentation was very good last night, yourself and Adam seem to get along ok and he offers up some good info from a riders perspective.  Keep up the good work BSN.

I also enjoy the podcast btw, good mix of info, interviews, reports & up-coming fixtures.

Harleys:rofl:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, nw42 said:

Thought that might bring you online, you're correct of course, on both points, so many apologies.

Thought the presentation was very good last night, yourself and Adam seem to get along ok and he offers up some good info from a riders perspective.  Keep up the good work BSN.

I also enjoy the podcast btw, good mix of info, interviews, reports & up-coming fixtures.

Harleys:rofl:

It was just part of my routine checks as my ears were burning :D 

Thanks for your kind words about BSN and the podcast which I'm just currently making now..! (Stewart Dickson the main guest for you Leicester fans out there)

I'll try brush up on my Triumph knowledge for next time..! 

Cheers!

12 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Nat kept on calling " tom brennan" as englands number "2',so whose at 1,3,4?

1 - Dan Bewley, 2 - Tom Brennan, 3 - Craig Cook, 4- Danny King

Robert Lambert didn't take part in the British Championships.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Nat kept on calling " tom brennan" as englands number "2',so whose at 1,3,4?

1 - Dan Bewley

3 - Craig Cook

4 - Danny King

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, IanBrannan said:

1 - Dan Bewley, 2 - Tom Brennan, 3 - Craig Cook, 4- Danny King

Robert Lambert didn't take part in the British Championships.

5 minutes ago, Grachan said:

1 - Dan Bewley

3 - Craig Cook

4 - Danny King

Bit deceiving really as Tai and Robert still have represented GB in speedway cup of Nations and assume the will in the world cup. So I would assume Bewley, Tai and Robert are GB's 1, 2 and 3? :unsure:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Bit deceiving really as Tai and Robert still have represented GB in speedway cup of Nations and assume the will in the world cup. So I would assume Bewley, Tai and Robert are GB's 1, 2 and 3? :unsure:

They have, but they also didn't take part in the British Championships. By the same token you can say that Zmarzlik would have won the Peter Craven meeting, but he didn't, cos he wasn't there :D

Edited by IanBrannan

The Colt's racing filled the gaps well...

The Triumph Owners Club was a "bit different" from the run of the mill meeting presentation..

And the National Anthem gave the meeting a bit of "gravitas"..

The five and six man races were definitely good to watch and also maintained interest for at least 8 riders through the meeting..

Also noticeable was how many Aces fans were wearing club colours ranging from hats, caps to replica tops, and fleeces...

The Aces seem to have got their act together off the track in this respect..

Still lots of opportunity for fan engagement, but the Aces do look like they have moved forward in this area..

The track is a huge bonus which should underpin everything else they do...

A very professional set up at the Aces I would suggest...

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, IanBrannan said:

They have, but they also didn't take part in the British Championships. By the same token you can say that Zmarzlik would have won the Peter Craven meeting, but he didn't, cos he wasn't there :D

Trouble with the British Final as not a true reflection, as personally I wouldn't put Cook in WC team. 

On 4/4/2023 at 8:55 AM, Col said:

They don't usually start the closures until 10:30, so if I attend a league match at the NSS which finishes by 9:20 I can usually beat them.  But for that reason I won't be attending any televised meetings this season.

I always travelled to Cornwall overnight as there is less traffic but as you say you then have to negotiate all the closures, at least the diversions are quieter in the early hours, the motorway network is terrible,