British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
arnieg

2023 Regulations

So here we are, March 17, two days after the season's notional start and still no sign of the 2023 rule book.

Good to see the Speedway authorities getting their house in order. :angry:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, arnieg said:

So here we are, March 17, two days after the season's notional start and still no sign of the 2023 rule book.

Good to see the Speedway authorities getting their house in order. :angry:

The SCB rule book? It’s been on the SCB website since 6 March (corrected for timing error)

Edited by Wee Eck
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

The SCB rule book? It’s been on the SCB website for several weeks

How did I miss that? But only since 6 March

Just now, arnieg said:

How did I miss that? But only since 6 March

Yes. I corrected it. Not like you to slip up!!

The last rule book I bought was during the late seventies/early eighties...and it was "gobbledegook" then!

15 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

The last rule book I bought was during the late seventies/early eighties...and it was "gobbledegook" then!

At least you don’t have to pay for this one!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

At least you don’t have to pay for this one!

..I may well have it tucked away somewhere unless it went the same way as my programme collection?

Somebody has said the 'Lambert Loophole' has been closed, is that the case?

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Somebody has said the 'Lambert Loophole' has been closed, is that the case?

Cut Off Date: No team changes will be allowed after 28th August with the effective date being 31st August. Except riders returning to the team after injury who can only replace their original replacement.

• Thanks 1

It is the final week of fixtures for the Rugby Union 6 Nations & any one of the top 2 can win the title.

This includes the use of BONUS POINTS for scoring at least 4 Tries or by losing by 7 points or less!

It works in Rugby & has worked well in Speedway for a while now so "if it not broke, don't fix it" but the voices of the more technical tracks had their say & brought back the aggregate bonus point going back around 10 years yet people post that we have to move forward to improve our sport(social media-not every one has it), streaming(not everyone can afford it in these present times) & yet we have a new boss to oversee the Premiership which most people are pleased about & not before time.

Rant Over!!!!!!

Edited by IronScorpion
  • Like 1

This is new one:

A Premiership teams declaration must not exceed 39.00 points in any declaration following the issue of established MA’s for 2023 for 6 riders, (excluding the Rising Star rider). Except where the MA of the introduced rider is equal to, or lower than the rider being replaced.
A maximum of two riders declared in a Polish Ekstraliga team are permitted per team.
If a rider already declared in a Premiership team is later declared in an Ekstraliga team, and there are already 2 Ekstraliga riders in that team, the rider is permitted to continue in that team. If that team is redeclared removing any Ekstraliga rider he cannot be replaced by another Ekstraliga rider as the maximum 2 is already reached.

Edited by Rob B

18 hours ago, Rob B said:

This is new one:

A Premiership teams declaration must not exceed 39.00 points in any declaration following the issue of established MA’s for 2023 for 6 riders, (excluding the Rising Star rider). Except where the MA of the introduced rider is equal to, or lower than the rider being replaced.
A maximum of two riders declared in a Polish Ekstraliga team are permitted per team.
If a rider already declared in a Premiership team is later declared in an Ekstraliga team, and there are already 2 Ekstraliga riders in that team, the rider is permitted to continue in that team. If that team is redeclared removing any Ekstraliga rider he cannot be replaced by another Ekstraliga rider as the maximum 2 is already reached.

Any idea who Ipswich were also trying to bring in? Lambert for the play offs?