British Speedway Forum
noaksey

Peterborough v Ippo 27/3

In 56 years of going to speedway i've never seen a temporary white line put down although i am not the only one as Richie Worrall did'nt see it either in his first ride :D. Could'nt see to fill in my programme too well as the lighting is not too good on the second bend, but that apart there was some good racing with a bit of passing. Unfortunate incident with Nicki hope he,s ok nice to see him and Emil back in Britain.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hans fan said:

You wouldn’t have it he’s absolute cack round showground 

He rode your place 3 times last season.

3,1,2,0,3 ...9  riding at no6

1,3,3,0,1 ... 8  riding at 2

3,ex,2.2,1 ...8  riding at 3

Give the bloke a chance i say.

• Like 3

Any points potentially dropped by Nicki's withdrawal were compensated for by the non exclusions of Worrall in 3 and Iversen in 4 - both clearly over the white line

• Like 2

Something similar happened at Lynn once after a massive pre meeting shower, the track was able to be sorted bar an area on the inside of the first two bends and they moved the white line. It was against Mildenhall so was 2006, '07 or '08 and I remember their correspondent Randall Butt having a whinge about it in the Speedway Star the week after.

If it'd s choice between moving the white line or abandoning then it's a simple decision really. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

He rode your place 3 times last season.

3,1,2,0,3 ...9  riding at no6

1,3,3,0,1 ... 8  riding at 2

3,ex,2.2,1 ...8  riding at 3

Give the bloke a chance i say.

Shame lynn didn’t give him another chance  then …if he’s that good. Got the same opinion about pedersen should be nowhere near team lynn panthers and Leicester will all be also rans

Just now, hans fan said:

Shame lynn didn’t give him another chance  then …if he’s that good. Got the same opinion about pedersen should be nowhere near team lynn panthers and Leicester will all be also rans

Sure we've been over this already.....nobody is saying he's 'that good', just that your assessment of 'cack' is just that based on the stats provided. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Nicki was complaining before the match started that it was too grippy which is why they changed the white line, their was definitely a rut on the exit of bend two which most of the Panthers team collected at some point during the match, and all of them lost points and ground because of it.

The track clearly wasn’t at its best and with the loss of Pedersen and the other woes, Ipswich took advantage, it’s not the end of the world and it’s still early doors, the meeting itself wasn’t too bad all things considered, the crowd was pretty exceptional though with spectators from various clubs and not just Peterborough and Ipswich.

No panic just yet.

But they only changed it after he crashed.  I bet he was well chuffed.

17 minutes ago, hans fan said:

How many meetings have you had to judge Worrall up to now? With 6 point rider you will get a few 4's, but you will also get some 7 and 8's.Thats the nature of the beast. But if you want a 6 pointer to average 8 this season, then good luck;)

Edited by Bald Bloke

5 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

How many meetings have you had to judge Worrall up to now? With 6 point rider you will get a few 4's, but you will also get some 7 and 8's.Thats the nature of the beast. But if you want a 6 pointer to average 8 this season, then good luck;)

hansfan is generally worth taking notice of and a fair judge. I'd say that he's basing his judgement on more than one season when Worrall turned up at the EoES against a terrible Panthers team. One swallow doesn't make a summer. Has anyone got the 2021 stats as a comparison?

5 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

hansfan is generally worth taking notice of and a fair judge. I'd say that he's basing his judgement on more than one season when Worrall turned up at the EoES against a terrible Panthers team. One swallow doesn't make a summer. Has anyone got the 2021 stats as a comparison?

3 from 4 rides twice (and one non appearance through injury) both from number 2. So you have a point, but last year has to be taken into account too. 

I fully understand those who are saying 'Give Worrall a chance' but the worrying thing is Worrall's 4 last night is only 1 or 2 points short off his scoring potential on a good night and that's still not a good enough points return for a No.4, I've said it all winter that Richie's ceiling when it comes to scoring potential is 5 - 6 on average

The team badly needed Tungate due to how well he goes around our place, Basso & Tungate pairing in the engine room would've scored like a 1 & 5 pairing and Peterborough simply wouldn't lose at Home with those two backed up by a 1 & 5.

Buster threw his weight around this winter and dictated once again by saying Worrall is 100% in just because he's my mate knowing full well it would weaken the team drastically when it comes to Home form and it's already backfiring drastically.

Two of our next three fixtures will be at Home and if we lose those those with Worrall having another couple of off nights then I can see Lyon & Tomalin getting fed up enough to a point where they eventually approach Buster and demand a team change because we'd be in the brown stuff before the end of April with 3 Home defeats out of three.

• Confused 1

Taking out Richie's scores last year around Peterborough when our team had a nightmare campaign, These are the scores he's putting up around Peterborough since our return to the top flight, The stats don't lie unfortunately and basically the only time he was good was when we had a nightmare campaign full of injuries and bang out of form riders.

@ No.3 - 1, 1, 0, 2 = 4

@ No.2 - 1, 1, 1, 0 = 3

@ No.2 - 3, 0, 0 = 3

@ No.4 - 1, 0, 0, 1 = 2

@ No.2 - 0, 0, 0 = 0

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Nicki was complaining before the match started that it was too grippy which is why they changed the white line, their was definitely a rut on the exit of bend two which most of the Panthers team collected at some point during the match, and all of them lost points and ground because of it.

The track clearly wasn’t at its best and with the loss of Pedersen and the other woes, Ipswich took advantage, it’s not the end of the world and it’s still early doors, the meeting itself wasn’t too bad all things considered, the crowd was pretty exceptional though with spectators from various clubs and not just Peterborough and Ipswich.

No panic just yet.

On that basis they should have redone the white line before heat 1