British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Belle Vue v Sheffield 27 March

1 hour ago, FishersGate said:

With Peterborough seeming to have a big crowd what was is like at belle Vue?

Really surprised how few were there...

1500-1600 maybe in total?

Lovely sunny evening too, with no threat of a call off..

Fifty Four quid for two adults and two kids to sit in the Grandstand..

Twenty four quid for an adult to sit there..

More for the "padded seats"...:D

Twenty two quid to stand on the south stand...

The very top end of the pricing structure I would suggest for less than 16 mins of action...

I had already paid for the PCMM so maybe others have done the same and decided to give this a miss due to cost? 

3 hours ago, TTT said:

BV will get Zagar in before the play-offs, I'm 100% certain that it's going to happen.

BV management have already been given a wake up call that the current 1-7 won't be strong enough to stop Sheffield this season, Yes Bewley won't ride like that ever again but neither will Adam Ellis.

Sheffield almost hitting 50 (Twice) against the Champions with a HL scoring 7+3 from 8 rides is already an ominous sign for the rest of the league.

You might need to Hold(er) that thought 

3 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

I expect Tom and Norrick to Improve also

They will probably be swapping reserve position & #2 all season.  Last year Blodorn spent all season at reserve, if he can maintain his average while in the main body of the team then he's doing well.

• Like 2

Having watched Dan Bewley's YouTube channel I'm guessing that him and Adam Ellis might have preferred a couple of jumps down each straight.  Well done Tigers, the better team from 1-7.

6 minutes ago, Borolad said:

Having watched Dan Bewley's YouTube channel I'm guessing that him and Adam Ellis might have preferred a couple of jumps down each straight.  Well done Tigers, the better team from 1-7.

Just that. And whilst several around me seemed to be full of 'doom and gloom', I felt a little more optimistic. 

Whilst Sheffield deserved their win, just how often at the NSS will:-

1. Dan Bewley only score 4? 

2. The Aces have 10 last places?

3. Every Ace effectively score 0 in one of their rides? I say effectively as 6 of the 7 got at least one 0 - whilst Norick Blodorn didn’t he was 5-1’d by the Tigers’ pair in heat 1.

All these factors added together and any team would find it hard to win a match - and yet it was still only 43-47. 

12 minutes ago, GregoryM said:

Just that. And whilst several around me seemed to be full of 'doom and gloom', I felt a little more optimistic. 

3. Every Ace effectively score 0 in one of their rides? I say effectively as 6 of the 7 got at least one 0 - whilst Norick Blodorn didn’t he was 5-1’d by the Tigers’ pair in heat 1.

All these factors added together and any team would find it hard to win a match - and yet it was still only 43-47. 

And the Aces constantly rode bends one and two up against the fence and lost places and points...

Later in the season that line will come to them but first meeting in March you wont find too much drive out there...

It was a strange match in many ways..

The Tigers constantly outgated the Aces, and by some distance, then at least one of the Aces often came back to head the Tigers, (usually off bends three and four), then the Tigers passed the Ace by riding the kerb around one and two..

It was good to watch though and I am sure the Aces will be play off certainties, injuries permitting..

Dan seems most seasons to take a while to get going across all his racing, so no worries for him and what he will deliver.. 

4 hours ago, Chrisdonnelly said:

Poor , plenty on the back straight but main grandstand looked very thin for an opening meeting 

950 grandstand seats sold up to 5pm last night 

15 minutes ago, GregoryM said:

With Adam Ellis scoring 2, yet we still won, and the only reason you got 10 last places was because Sheffield riders finished in front of yours in 10 heats

2 minutes ago, mikebv said:

And the Aces constantly rode bends one and two up against the fence and lost places and points...

Later in the season that line will come to them but first meeting in March you wont find too much drive out there...

It was a strange match in many ways..

The Tigers constantly outgated the Aces, and by some distance, then at least one of the Aces often came back to head the Tigers, (usually off bends three and four), then the Tigers passed the Ace by riding the kerb around one and two..

It was good to watch though and I am sure the Aces will be play off certainties, injuries permitting..

Dan seems most seasons to take a while to get going across all his racing, so no worries for him and what he will deliver.. 

Exactly. I'm thinking, in particular, of heats 11 and 14 when the Aces seemed set for 5-1s. Not sure Holder would have passed Brennan in heat 11, or Bellego pass Wright in heat 14, if the Aces' riders hadn't taken such 'strange' lines through turns 1 and 2 mid-race. Those two heats stayed as 5-1s and it would have been 45-45 with a superheat to follow. Mind you, not convinced that any Aces pair could have kept either Holder or Musielak at the back had a super-heat been required!!

18 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

2 good meetings with the 2 best teams in the league. 

....Well, one of 'em anyway.

3 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

With Adam Ellis scoring 2, yet we still won, and the only reason you got 10 last places was because Sheffield riders finished in front of yours in 10 heats

Indeed, you can't argue with what actually happened out on track and, as I said, Sheffield deserved their win.

Isn't that the point of a fans' forum though, discussion about what went on and conjecture of what might happen in the future?

And you make a fair comment about Ellis, but he's more likely to score nearer 2 in Sheffield's next visit to the NSS than Bewley is to score anywhere near as low as 4. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TTT said:

BV will get Zagar in before the play-offs, I'm 100% certain that it's going to happen.

Planning the play-off "ringer" already? Zagar in, Bewley out, perhaps?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

Planning the play-off "ringer" already? Zagar in, Bewley out, perhaps?

If BV are smart while having money in the bank then Bewley should spend the first few meetings lowering his average (They'll make the play-offs anyway) to a point where Zagar can come in for Wright.

Would be very harsh on Wright because he's done nothing wrong but business is business and Zagar is a 10+ man around the NSS.

6 hours ago, Chrisdonnelly said:

Poor , plenty on the back straight but main grandstand looked very thin for an opening meeting 

Over 1000 sold in grandstand and back straight was packed so I'd say close to 2k if not over.