British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Oxford v Poole 5/4/23 BSN Series

2 hours ago, Technik said:

I know its a pain but I think I'd rather not start at this stage of the season if it's light rain seeing riders act like Bambi on ice is far from entertaining & I'm sure won't help them either. As much as I want to see a meeting I want to see proper racing.

Has heavy rain from 3-6pm now. So unlikely it will go ahead.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Has heavy rain from 3-6pm now. So unlikely it will go ahead.

Shame. Was coming to this but the forecast has put paid to that. Far too risky. 

None of the forecasts suggest heavy rain. However they do suggest pretty much 12 hours solid of intermittent light rain. Looking at the rainfall radar I'd say this is still in the balance.

3 minutes ago, arnieg said:

None of the forecasts suggest heavy rain. However they do suggest pretty much 12 hours solid of intermittent light rain. Looking at the rainfall radar I'd say this is still in the balance.

'cloudy changing to heavy rain in the afternoon' on met office, although it is for the whole of Oxford. So might be a bit generalised. 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

'cloudy changing to heavy rain in the afternoon' on met office, although it is for the whole of Oxford. So might be a bit generalised. 

If the current Met Office forecast can be relied on it certainly doesn’t look promising.

If there looks little hope they should call it before 4pm to save the travelling fans a wasted evening. fingers crossed it stays dry and goes ahead though!

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Hit & miss & changing forecasts. If the rain hits --- Good Call, if it misses --- we could have raced, why bother with British Speedway.

All say AAAAAAAHHHHHH & breathe. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If there looks little hope they should call it before 4pm to save the travelling fans a wasted evening. fingers crossed it stays dry and goes ahead though!

Can we not have a double header on the Friday? Or are Oxford using stadium for something else?

I'm supposed to come on the train but I'm not going to risk making the journey even though I won't get my train fare back. Hoping they cancel so I can reuse my meeting ticket at least.

Looking at the latest, it’s only very light rain/drizzle due to clear. This meeting could well survive. 

39 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Can we not have a double header on the Friday? Or are Oxford using stadium for something else?

Can we not get last year's competition finished before starting this years?

29 minutes ago, iainb said:

Has this comp been raced before?

1 minute ago, weatherman said:

Has this comp been raced before?

It's the Jubilee Trophy by another name... which was the Summer Trophy

31 minutes ago, iainb said:

Well that's got nothing to do with Oxford.

It's down to Poole & Leicester to organise their inter-league challenge. Which can be fitted in whenever. 

Did preseason challenge meetings get rained off or did they not bother arranging them? 

• Like 1

Radar looking much better now than it was earlier. Some rain but not as much due. Looks like it could be ok.

• Like 1