British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

GP Round 1 Gorican Saturday April 29th

1 hour ago, iainb said:

He does deserve a true world championship that's not heavily weighted in his favour I'll give you that. 

He does. Because the original comment that he is a generational rider could well be right.

• Like 1

Emil even though he didn't win a lot brought an excitement to the gp's that seems to be missing for me anyway. A true sportsman and a gentleman. The series also needs Laguta for his riding abilities alone. Just not the same without them. 

4 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Possibly because last night Katharina Anderweit was the Jury Secretary- not a name i recognise- maybe her 1st meeting doing it and she understandingly didn`t wan`t to make a mistake :) - Gambo might know.

I  believe it was her first meeting as Secretary. She is sharing the role with Mike Poss.

To come to the decision regarding 8th place you first have to trace the races where the riders met. Then you would discover that, as per the SGP Regulations (9.2 Page 22), A beat B, B beat C and C beat A. Thus bringing in the rule regarding lowest SGP number.

It all takes time and you want to be sure that you have got it right!

KanDysoft no longer provides FIM with Software. I agreed to step aside due to the fact that Baansport can provide a far better on-site support. They have similar software but I believe that the change in software (for Referees & Secretaries) takes a bit of getting used to, as is to be expected.

KanDysoft software gave a quick look up guide to the heats, but I'm not aware as to whether the Baansport software does this.

Glad to say that my own copies of SGP software (Just £12 for the whole series, and you can do a print out with the Rider names for each SGP!) gave the correct S/F line ups. :D

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I  believe it was her first meeting as Secretary. She is sharing the role with Mike Poss.

To come to the decision regarding 8th place you first have to trace the races where the riders met. Then you would discover that, as per the SGP Regulations (9.2 Page 22), A beat B, B beat C and C beat A. Thus bringing in the rule regarding lowest SGP number.

It all takes time and you want to be sure that you have got it right!

KanDysoft no longer provides FIM with Software. I agreed to step aside due to the fact that Baansport can provide a far better on-site support. They have similar software but I believe that the change in software (for Referees & Secretaries) takes a bit of getting used to, as is to be expected.

KanDysoft software gave a quick look up guide to the heats, but I'm not aware as to whether the Baansport software does this.

Glad to say that my own copies of SGP software (Just £12 for the whole series, and you can do a print out with the Rider names for each SGP!) gave the correct S/F line ups. :D

As endorsed by Sam Ermolenko :D

10 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

As endorsed by Sam Ermolenko :D

And Dave Rowe! :D

• Like 2

The reason of the delay was that not everyone was aware of the ranking number rule in this unique situation.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

The reason of the delay was that not everyone was aware of the ranking number rule in this unique situation.

The crowd obviously- but the officials !!!

• Like 1

In the paddock not everyone knew this. Scoreboard also showed different order of results.

23 hours ago, DazS said:

yes mauger, rickardson, fundin, briggs all very lucky.

For every Mauger you get a Muller or a szcakiel ..Of course the best riders could still win but overall a  one off final is never the best way to see who is a World Champion .Gp series cuts out the luck element.

1 hour ago, orion said:

For every Mauger you get a Muller or a szcakiel ..Of course the best riders could still win but overall a  one off final is never the best way to see who is a World Champion .Gp series cuts out the luck element.

You always need a bit of luck. I'd also say it makes it a bit boring because apart from the tired old wildcards it's the same faces each time. 

then you have Phil Taylor 14 times world champ in one off finals.:drink::rofl:

18 hours ago, DazS said:

Who did he ride for?

Was mentioned during commentary on Saturday night that the bikes have Rev limiters set to 13,000(?)... has this always been the case? And is that being applied across Speedway? (BL?)

On 5/1/2023 at 2:31 PM, DazS said:

I think you'll find he was a 16 time World Champion :cheers:

• Thanks 1

On 5/2/2023 at 9:30 AM, Wee Eck said:

Who did he ride for?

he was a very lucky darts player:t: