British Speedway Forum
stevehone

Poole v Oxford - Good Friday

Travelling from Devon for this one looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

I expect Poole to be strong at home this season, but Oxfords top 3 should avoid a drubbing.

Pirates 51 - 39 Cheetahs

Seriously large crowd building at Poole tonight. Grandstand full 15 mins after the gates opened. 

• Like 1

I can’t remember the last time it was this busy for a normal meeting. It’s manic. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

I can’t remember the last time it was this busy for a normal meeting. It’s manic. 

Great news for the sport.People moan about Poole but they must be doing something right,the fans keep turning up.

• Like 4

Meeting delayed till 7.45 parade. Still huge queues outside. 

Balanced side murders top heavy. What a wretched rider that heeps is these days, Oxford have too many holes in the team

• Like 1

World of difference between the two sides. Other than Masters and Nicholls, the rest of the Oxford team were cannon fodder. 

I got there at 6.10 and the queues were huge. Really the gates should have been open 30 minutes earlier and the start was delayed by 20 minutes as lines of people wound out of the stadium and onto Wimborne Road. The grandstand was almost full fifteen minutes after the gates opened.

Racing wise it was one way traffic except for a tactical and heat 11. As expected Poole’s reserves steamrollered the opposition’s 6 and 7. The winner of strength in depth v top heavy is clear to see. Oxford really need a quick rethink or their season will be over as soon as it started. 

• Like 1

Well, Oxford's top heavy side clearly isn't going to work. Even with Nicholls and Masters riding well they were outclassed. They could struggle away from home this year.

I couldn't believe the crowd. We turned up about 6.15 and the queues were massive. Didn't bother me though. We had bought our ticket in advance so were able to go straight in and grab a seat at the front of the main stand.

The racing picked up towards the end, and the atmosphere improved with it. By the end the place was buzzing. Proper speedway atmosphere and great entertainment as a result despite Oxford being a bit rubbish.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, daz9100 said:

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Great news for the sport.People moan about Poole but they must be doing something right,the fans keep turning up.

It was crazy! I thought there was roadworks outside because of the gridlock but no just everyone trying to get into the stadium! :o

38 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Well, Oxford's top heavy side clearly isn't going to work. Even with Nicholls and Masters riding well they were outclassed. They could struggle away from home this year.

I couldn't believe the crowd. We turned up about 6.15 and the queues were massive. Didn't bother me though. We had bought our ticket in advance so were able to go straight in and grab a seat at the front of the main stand.

The racing picked up towards the end, and the atmosphere improved with it. By the end the place was buzzing. Proper speedway atmosphere and great entertainment as a result despite Oxford being a bit rubbish.

Glad you enjoyed yourself! 

• Like 1

What a great night. Superb crowd and atmosphere - and some terrific music choices from our dj. 'What's new pussy cat' for the Cheetahs parade and 'Eye of the tiger' for Kerr's one heat win (after last night's handbags with MPT)!:rofl:

My only question was the use of a t/r in a two legged meeting with an aggregate bonus point??? Just well it made little difference.

Edited by Skidder1

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

What a great night. Superb crowd and atmosphere - and some terrific music choices from our dj. 'What's new pussy cat' for the Cheetahs parade and 'Eye of the tiger' for Kerr's one heat win (after last night's handbags with MPT)!:rofl:

My only question was the use of a t/r in a two legged meeting with an aggregate bonus point??? Just well it made little difference.

But it isn't a knockout stage yet and is a mini league and can use them in normal league meetings which have agg scores. I would assume from SF onwards you can't use them. 

• Like 1

Excellent crowd and Poole can only beat what is in front of them, but it wasn’t a great meeting, not much passing as it was so on sided.  Poole look very strong, Oxford look well short. Haven’t seen the Cook brothers for a while they are excellent, great to see Scotty still giving it everything at 44, top class.

• Like 2

And the Pirate express moves on down the track :t: