British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Sheffield v Lynn 6/4/23

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Probably the only time I have seen Hancock react like that but then it was Dirty Nicki  so understandable but it wasn't the worst move Nicki has done in his career.

It had been building for a fair few years to be fair!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

This track should be more to KK's liking. Although I will still say Sheffield by 12. 

11 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

12??

You can double that for more accuracy 

Easy prediction

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

Easy prediction

Ok, ok. I was thinking KK and Palm Toft would get 6ish each, like their averages suggest! ;)

33 minutes ago, TTT said:

Sounds like Brady has given up on him already going by his interview when he mentioned going back to the drawing board.

Brady is used to more success when ‘playing away’ from home  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

Ask any Poole fan what they think of KK

Or Coventry fan……..

Or Birmingham fan………

Or really anyone that watches British Speedway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Alex clearly wasn't happy in his interview, and rightly so. He said "We knew KK was a gamble" :blink:

1 hour ago, klstarsfan said:

Absolutely unbelievable! Why gamble then.

a complete idiot! 

Because he was signed on a 6.9 average. If he did well they'd have an 8.0 rider, if he was poor they'd have a 6.0 rider. I don't think Lynn expected KK to be as poor as he has been so far!

Just now, szkocjasid said:

Because he was signed on a 6.9 average. If he did well they'd have an 8.0 rider, if he was poor they'd have a 6.0 rider. I don't think Lynn expected KK to be as poor as he has been so far!

The KL management must be the only people that expected him to be any good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I think its worth remembering he was averaging 8 for Rye House when he last rode here.

Not saying I want him gone after two meetings but he needs to show something in the next two or three matches or it would seem pretty pointless persevering with him. Shutting off into bends is a massive alarm bell already. 

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Didn't he score a shed load while at reserve then?

Actually that was in 2017 when he moved from Poole.

Wasn't reserve in 2018, just rode well to get an 8.0 average. Which is why I'm surprised by his current form!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, klstarsfan said:

The KL management must be the only people that expected him to be any good. 

Nope, I thought he was a good signing too!

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

7 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Actually that was in 2017 when he moved from Poole.

Wasn't reserve in 2018, just rode well to get an 8.0 average. Which is why I'm surprised by his current form!

Exactly. There is no doubt he is/was a gamble, but two points from six rides is far worse than anybody could have reasonably expected. He is either unmotivated, ill prepared or has completely lost the ability to be competitive. My suspicion is that its the second one as I don't believe he would have been signed in the first place if it was the first. And I think its highly unlikely to be the third.

People can laugh and say 'I told you so' but based on his last stint here and recent Extrakiga seasons he should be capable of being a solid middle order man/heat leader in our Premiership without pulling up loads of trees. Two meetings probably isn't enough to tell if he can do it but 4-6 will be I'd have thought. And he's not the only one who needs to up their game quickly either.

My take on KK is that he's probably upset that KL keep branding him a risk in public and it's now resulted in him losing all motivation to do well for the club. 

34 minutes ago, TTT said:

My take on KK is that he's probably upset that KL keep branding him a risk in public and it's now resulted in him losing all motivation to do well for the club. 

Or KK is absolutely buzzing because he can take his fixed rate without a need to score a point :D

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Or KK is absolutely buzzing because he can take his fixed rate without a need to score a point :D

If that's true about him being on a fixed fee then Buster Chapman really has gone insane.

Risky enough just signing him but signing him on a guarantee is just asking for trouble.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, TTT said:

If that's true about him being on a fixed fee then Buster Chapman really has gone insane.

Risky enough just signing him but signing him on a guarantee is just asking for trouble.

He deffo rode like it tonight.

Average meeting last night with lots of races decided on the 1st and 2nd bends from the start.Enjoyed heat 4 with young Edward s finding himself in front of Musielak for a few laps he rode a good steady line to say he had him all over his back wheel pushing him hard but fairly .Good experience for him .Heat 10 a good race with holder toft and Pickering close for 4 laps ,holder eventually getting past toft.We had handbags out after heat 14 ,didn’t have a good view of what happened on the way to line but it spoilt a good race .During the race kerr managed to get past toft but couldn’t shake him off on the last 2 bends he decided to ride on the inside and toft out thought him and came round the outside ,on the run to the line it got tight on the back straight words got exchanged at the pit gate out with the handbags.would love to see the replay.The BSN team we re there looked a nice little setup with them camped behind the pits and at the back of the stand coming off the 4th bend.Anyone watching last night what did it look like is it worth a try ? I understand it’s about £9.00 a month