British Speedway Forum
Weeyin

Glasgow v Edinburgh , Easter Sunday

So , 1st match done at Armadale, with a very large crowd, hopefully Monarch fans will come through in numbers to support their team, not a great deal of passing on Friday but the few that were, was sublime, close result, which is what I expected. I can see Cookie going through the card on Sunday but expect Glasgow to win and get the bonus point, but you never know what can happen in speedway. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cookiefan said:

So , 1st match done at Armadale, with a very large crowd, hopefully Monarch fans will come through in numbers to support their team, not a great deal of passing on Friday but the few that were, was sublime, close result, which is what I expected. I can see Cookie going through the card on Sunday but expect Glasgow to win and get the bonus point, but you never know what can happen in speedway. 

Decent win for Tigers.Could agree regarding Cook if he is in the mood.It is early season for these guys though no point of overriding and finishing on the injured list.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Noelinho said:

No, Glasgow don’t stream Tigers fixtures.

Continues to feel like a missed opportunity. 

1 hour ago, Aries said:

Looking forward to this one! Think it’ll be close

Easy Tigers win for me.

59 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Easy Tigers win for me.

Wouldn’t disagree, most of them have been there all week putting in the laps so they’ll be pretty dialled in. Different team round Ashfield. Should be a comfortable 10/12 point win for the pussy cats.

Realistically only cookie, Pickering and to a lesser extent Thomson should be competitive today. If Harris is going to start proving the doubters wrong (chief among them being me!) Then he's going to have to beat cook and Pickering today. 

53-37 shouldn't be an unrealistic expectation imo

Edited by Jaizer
  • Like 1

We'd better get a move on with rain now forecast from 6 and heavy rain from 7. Whilst that can change between now and 5pm the last thing we need is a rain off on opening night.

9 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Realistically only cookie, Pickering and to a lesser extent Thomson should be competitive today. If Harris is going to start proving the doubters wrong (chief among them being me!) Then he's going to have to beat cook and Pickering today. 

53-37 shouldn't be an unrealistic expectation imo

Wouldn't his performance on Friday have done that?

Glasgow 49-41 Edinburgh

On paper Glasgow should win by more, but Edinburgh have a habit of going closer than expected at Ashfield.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Wouldn't his performance on Friday have done that?

Never doubted him away from ashfield, his home performances were the problem

The weather is really good, not a cloud in the sky so i expect the meeting to be called off at 4:55pm.

Does anyone know when the rearranged fixture will be? 

30% chance of rain at 3pm, then clear until 9pm. We’ve had a few days’ good weather - it’ll be fine.