British Speedway Forum
Weeyin

Glasgow v Edinburgh , Easter Sunday

2 hours ago, ragdoll64 said:

You sound anything but neutral in your summary. So Cook had to take evasive action…….so what?…..that’s speedway and happens all the time. 
……but for him to retaliate by making a move which gave no time for evasive action to be taken is just out and out dangerous. At the time, unlike folks around me, I was putting it down to a racing incident till I read Cook’s disgusting twitter remarks. Basso fined for pushing? Cook let off for deliberately taking someone out?…….what a nonsense. 

Yep as I said Ben knew what line Cook was going to take as he used that inside line well before.

He clearly had the red mist and could have decided to shut off but instead he made the choice  and wiped two riders out and wreck two bikes.

The problem here is he didn’t take evasive action as he caused it.

I am sure Bens ridiculous fine will be covered.

Edited by Gazc

46 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

If this wasn’t Craig cook don’t think as big a deal would be made as it is. Kidding yourself on if you think otherwise.

Trying to defend the indefensible here Blobby his stupid tweet confirmed it was intentional.

How thick can he be.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Would u have said that 12 months ago?

Yes never had an issue with Craig. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I didn't have a problem with the crash itself. It happens. We've all seen it countless times. What made it worse in the moment was Bickley collecting Basso's bike, and that it happened after the end of the poly fence, so Basso went into the metal fence. But still, that kind of crash happened more than once at Ashfield just last year.

The fisticuffs was funny. Panto at the speedway. Nothing massively wrong with that either tbh.

The problem is simply the tweet. Does Craig really mean he did it intentionally? We all make our own minds up. But the fact you can interpret it as intentional is problem enough. You can't have riders even giving the impression they did it on purpose and leave it be. It's sport, not war.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Yes never had an issue with Craig. 

don’t think it would have mattered who wiped out a home rider the home fans are always going to criticise them no matter who it is 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Woffy is advocating for that judging by his SS articles.

What happened with him and Madsen

50 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

What happened with him and Madsen

Nothing much by the sounds of it it was last season Madsen fenced Janowski and Woffy supposedly got involved helping out Janowski.Suspect the article was just blown up to sound good.Read an article on Janowski a couple of years and think he can look after himself.Woffy was wanting a boxing match arranged with Madsen,but Madsen club wouldn’t allow him to take part. Publicly Stunt IMO.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

I would assume the grand monarch will have reported basso to SCB shut and dry case. IF and it's big if cook is to be punished I guess would need an investigation/ hearing 

Doubt if he'll have a KC in his corner this time if there is.

4 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

If this wasn’t Craig cook don’t think as big a deal would be made as it is. Kidding yourself on if you think otherwise.

A big deal was made about Morris when David McAllan went through the fence. What's your point caller?

• Like 4

21 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Classy post fella….

Thanks. I can't understand why riders block you on Twitter.

16 hours ago, Noelinho said:

The problem is simply the tweet. Does Craig really mean he did it intentionally? We all make our own minds up. But the fact you can interpret it as intentional is problem enough. You can't have riders even giving the impression they did it on purpose and leave it be. It's sport, not war.

“When you're overtaking an enemy, do not leave a passing lane free.” - Sun Tzu 'The Art of Speedway'

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Nickinho said:

Thanks. I can't understand why riders block you on Twitter.

You’re calling out volunteer admin on a public forum because they haven’t pinned a topic. Quite stroppy. 

On 4/11/2023 at 12:12 PM, Nickinho said:

Hi Lioness, i messaged you a couple of months ago about pinning the Championship signings thread for this season. Thanks for the lack of a reply and the lack of any action either. 

Oh you are very welcome (said she sarcastically) 

Thanks for ignoring my reply telling you I could not do so and suggesting you contact Phil

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Lioness said:

Oh you are very welcome (said she sarcastically) 

Thanks for ignoring my reply telling you I could not do so and suggesting you contact Phil

I recieved no such reply.

The incident continues to make the national tabloid sports pages today with accusations of 'diving'!