British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
noaksey

Wolves v Aces Cup 2nd leg 10/4

2 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Wouldnt the Aces just keep Rowe? And let Mulford ride in the Colts and as a No8?  Surely Rowe is a better rider currently? 

Rowe was a better rider pre-season, there must have been another reason Aces chose Mulford over him?

15 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Rowe was a better rider pre-season, there must have been another reason Aces chose Mulford over him?

Maybe cos Mulford had a Championship team so more match fitness? As Rowe only had one when Jack Thomas picked up an injury.

Looking at the scores it would seem non of BV riders were happy with the track. I not followed this topic through, but was the track raceable at the start? Maybe Dan has April 29th on his mind, knowing he needs a good start to take on Zmarzlick.

k

26 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Looking at the scores it would seem non of BV riders were happy with the track. I not followed this topic through, but was the track raceable at the start? Maybe Dan has April 29th on his mind, knowing he needs a good start to take on Zmarzlick.

k

Track was perfect up until heat 10 when rain started falling heavily.So no excuses at all for Belle Vue riders.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

Pal, you need to attend Anger Management classes,you've been on here since 2014 and looking through some of you're posts virtually all of them have been attacking Wolves or their track.Monmore is what it is due to the restrictions placed on it by the landlords Ladbrokes.The track used to be 329 yards, but now it is only 288 yards due to the back straight being restricted to a mandatory gap between the dog and speedway track,consequently making the bends smaller(have a look on Google Maps for an aerial view to see what I mean).I agree Monmore is nowhere near as exiting to watch the sport as it used to be,but it's either this or nothing at all.

IMO the thing about Monmore is that you need to have patience plus  skill to pass( PK being one of the finest examples ) not just the biggest balls  a fast motor with the throttle held to the stop for four laps .In the past riders came to the UK to ride the smaller tracks to  gain the experience to  make them a more complete rider . 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Maybe cos Mulford had a Championship team so more match fitness? As Rowe only had one when Jack Thomas picked up an injury.

Potential you'd think. They obviously believe Mulford will end up better by the end of the season than Rowe would. 

33 minutes ago, FAST GATER said:

IMO the thing about Monmore is that you need to have patience plus  skill to pass( PK being one of the finest examples ) not just the biggest balls  a fast motor with the throttle held to the stop for four laps .In the past riders came to the UK to ride the smaller tracks to  gain the experience to  make them a more complete rider . 

Exactly. Darcy Ward once said he liked the occasional visit to Monmore because it was different,and it gave him an experience to learn better skills on the bike.

• Like 1

Don't see a problem with monmore green. I've watch a few meetings on the BSN and it was exciting still. I like the idea of tracks being unpredictable. From a lions fan I'm used to our track getting plenty of stick and it doesn't bother me anymore. Belle Vue are a young side and are always going to struggle at a place like wolves. Oh and is Steve worrall using rocket fuel or something ? He is on fire!!! 

24 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

Don't see a problem with monmore green. I've watch a few meetings on the BSN and it was exciting still. I like the idea of tracks being unpredictable. From a lions fan I'm used to our track getting plenty of stick and it doesn't bother me anymore. Belle Vue are a young side and are always going to struggle at a place like wolves. Oh and is Steve worrall using rocket fuel or something ? He is on fire!!! 

Well can we get him to use it in the Poole meetings as well :o;)

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Nicely explained by Wolves in todays news, so they knew Saturday but for whatever reason declined to share it.

That’s crap PR

Today's news where? Presume bspa site so I'll look there. 

BSPA redeclared GSAs as of yesterday (Issue 4) shows Becker back in the 1-7.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

BSPA redeclared GSAs as of yesterday (Issue 4) shows Becker back in the 1-7.

What a joke 

4 minutes ago, therefused said:

What a joke 

Has to be that way for last nights meeting, reverting back to initial declaration due to Nicholls not turning a wheel for Wolverhampton, even though Becker hadn't either. 

It's due to Nicholls inclusion only being a 28 day facility.

43 minutes ago, therefused said:

What a joke 

The only real issue here is the delay or lack of notification about the change from Wolves to the paying public, but let's be honest Wolves are not alone with shocking PR, all clubs have a lot to improve on in this department.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

The only real issue here is the delay or lack of notification about the change from Wolves to the paying public, but let's be honest Wolves are not alone with shocking PR, all clubs have a lot to improve on in this department.  

The more that gets announced early though, the more the scrutiny on here of it's legitimacy....:D..

Best to just announce nothing and keep your head down...;)

The beauty being of course that even if things may not appear to some to be 100% correct, your opponents will invariably need to do something similar later in the season so will hardly kick up any fuss... 

A 'win/win'. ..:t:

• Like 3