British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Poole vs Plymouth BSN series 19/04/23

36 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

It was one lined anyway but being so slick that the blue groove appeared just accentuated it. And tbf it wasn't just Richie, Stevie wasn't exactly singing the tracks praises in his interview.

Stevie said that the track was perfect in Good Friday but last night the wind was drying the track out too quickly despite it being well watered throughout the day. When I arrived about 6:45 the water bowser had just finished watering. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

Stevie said that the track was perfect in Good Friday but last night the wind was drying the track out too quickly despite it being well watered throughout the day. When I arrived about 6:45 the water bowser had just finished watering. 

Yes, I watched it. His comments about the outside line being a horrible line to be on I notice you've selectively missed out. I'm not having a go, tracks smoother and no dining room table sized holes for riders to fall through. It just wasn't a very good race track last night, simple as that 

58 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

That's been happening for years at Poole. it's nothing new.

As do all teams 

29 minutes ago, iainb said:

... so we're all agreed, the Poole track is by far the worst in Speedway? :D

But the best team :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Since the days of Charles Ochiltree at Coventry I've always thought you can make a track too perfect that it becomes a motorway. 

It's also the case that high winds dry tracks out more quickly than hit sun sometimes. 

It wasn't a good watch but a trackman is pilloried for over watering and pilloried for not watering enough. As for ripped starts, many do it, some more blatantly than others. 

Having ridden at Leicester both Worrall and Howarth really can't complain about biased ripped starts. 

On this occasion I don't think Poole did anything wrong. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just for the record it rained briefly earlier in the day. The water bowser and track grader were on track at 6.30pm. 'Terry the track' has been doing an excellent job with the track prep for the past season and a half or so. It was just extra slick last night and the Glads simple weren't gating until it was too late. It's a shame that the next home meeting is against...........Plymouth!!

41 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

But the best team :D

Think I'd put Belle Vue & Sheffield above them lol

2 minutes ago, paulboy said:

Think I'd put Belle Vue & Sheffield above them lol

This is Championship section mate. BV and Tigers can get used to it next season in the 'one league' set-up!!:o

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

This is Championship section mate. BV and Tigers can get used to it next season in the 'one league' set-up!!:o

according to Arthur's comment Poole are the best team in speedway lol

Edited by paulboy

This may seem Mad but Plymouth could have won last night if they had gated first.

Paul Starke 0 0 3 3 0 gated first twice two wins

I enjoyed good friday meeting meeting but i think that is me finished for another season and wonder how many more fans think the same.

Shame really because Poole have good entertaining team this year on good track it should good night out.

No one has mentioned the elephant in the room!
The Bikes!
They can’t handle grippy tracks now so it has to be slick and slick means you can’t water it or if it rains your basically stuffed.

Welcome to modern speedway ☹️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Yes, I watched it. His comments about the outside line being a horrible line to be on I notice you've selectively missed out. I'm not having a go, tracks smoother and no dining room table sized holes for riders to fall through. It just wasn't a very good race track last night, simple as that 

I’m only commenting on what he said in the after meeting press conference. I haven’t seen the BSN stream yet to see what he’s said there. Although given that both him and Ben fell whilst trying to take the outside line I guess it wasn’t possible last night. 

I guess in an ideal world it would be great to get rid of the dog track now and widen the speedway track to give more and better racing lines but would mean the landlords giving Poole a nice long term deal. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, marko said:

No one has mentioned the elephant in the room!
The Bikes!
They can’t handle grippy tracks now so it has to be slick and slick means you can’t water it or if it rains your basically stuffed.

Welcome to modern speedway ☹️

That may be the case in Gb.In Poland they water the track every 4 heats along with track grade.Maybe track prep needs to be improved in GB.

7 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

I guess in an ideal world it would be great to get rid of the dog track now and widen the speedway track to give more and better racing lines but would mean the landlords giving Poole a nice long term deal. 

We can all live in hope!  It could be made larger/longer not just wider taking/using the dog track.

Just imagine a track in Poole that could rival the National Speedway Stadium in the UK and the continental tracks.  Awesome dream :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1