British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lenny Lion

Leicester vs Belle Vue 19/4/23

There is a 4 hour time limit for parking at the shopping centre but there are bus stops. If you are getting there really early it might be worth seeing if the stadium car park is open.

Don’t expect too much from the city centre though lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tomorrow will be Fricke’s third home meeting. I’m expecting nothing less than a double figure score from him. I can’t accept any excuses beyond tomorrow for him getting used to the track. He is a Grand Prix rider. Hopefully Emil’s performance on Monday will be the wake up call he needs. Regardless of his status, Dickson’s patience is no doubt already being tested. Max does seem like a nice chap and we are all desperate for him to be a success. Riding against his previous club will hopefully be an additional motivation.

4 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Tomorrow will be Fricke’s third home meeting. I’m expecting nothing less than a double figure score from him. I can’t accept any excuses beyond tomorrow for him getting used to the track. He is a Grand Prix rider. Hopefully Emil’s performance on Monday will be the wake up call he needs. Regardless of his status, Dickson’s patience is no doubt already being tested. Max does seem like a nice chap and we are all desperate for him to be a success. Riding against his previous club will hopefully be an additional motivation.

Wow! Looks like you're calling the shots .................... Richard Head

32 minutes ago, Byker Biker said:

Wow! Looks like you're calling the shots .................... Richard Head

Not calling the shots at all. Just a comment from someone who will be shelling out for three home meetings in a week and getting right behind my team but telling it like it is……….R Sole.

12 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Not calling the shots at all. Just a comment from someone who will be shelling out for three home meetings in a week and getting right behind my team but telling it like it is……….R Sole.

Love it....  Good Night....

Edited by Byker Biker

1 hour ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Why are BV given a facility for Kurtz?

Was the Polish match in the calendar before this?

Kurtz polish match is a rearranged meeting that was rained off a few weeks ago.

I was told as part of the deal with the PZM to allow riders to do more leagues it was agreed that Polish clubs could rearranged postponed fixtures in midweek & have first refusal on riders over UK,Sweden & Denmark if they are due to be racing for their club in those country’s on the rearranged date.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lenny Lion said:

Kurtz polish match is a rearranged meeting that was rained off a few weeks ago.

I was told as part of the deal with the PZM to allow riders to do more leagues it was agreed that Polish clubs could rearranged postponed fixtures in midweek & have first refusal on riders over UK,Sweden & Denmark if they are due to be racing for their club in those country’s on the rearranged date.

When this was rolled out  at the start of the season, my initial reaction was "How long before 'Thursday Night Speedway" becomes the norm in Poland?"..

You can guarantee that the clubs and TV companies will be reviewing attendances and viewing figures very closely.. 

And, if both a success, then, very quickly, it will become part of their operating model...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

It’s a fair point that. Leicester was a track that a few thought Emil would take a few rides to figure out, but on his first ever ride there he smashes the track record on his way to a full max! Ok Emil is a level above Fricke, but you’re correct Fricke is still a quality rider and GP rider and he’s been poor so far and must do better. He was very good around his home Belle Vue track when he got comfortable so I’d expect it to be the same around Leicester, eventually! Needs to get cracking mind. 

10 hours ago, Elmo said:

There is a 4 hour time limit for parking at the shopping centre but there are bus stops. If you are getting there really early it might be worth seeing if the stadium car park is open.

Cheers

10 hours ago, Elmo said:

Depends if he's after drugs or drinking himself into a coma!

• Haha 2

Fricke will be given time. It's not just fricke that's started poorly at home. Allen has been disappointing so far and Dan T is finding it tough even at home. Morris hasn't even hit big number at home yet. BUT we've only ridden two home meetings and Dickson will give it more time..

15 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

No doubt he should be fired up to prove a point tonight, if im being perfectly honest ive thought for a couple of seasons now he hasnt got that much improvement in him as regards to being a major player at GP level, he will always be capable of banging in one big performance as weve seen but then returns to mediocrity. Last season i was expecting him to be up there with Doyle in a weak league but have to say he wasnt the no1 i expected him to be. As i say he should need no extra motivation tonight and would expect double figures from him at least around 11. I like Max hope hoes well after tonight of course

They need to get on with it tonight. Northeast wind blowing cold and some rain around from 8. :unsure:

13 hours ago, mikebv said:

When this was rolled out  at the start of the season, my initial reaction was "How long before 'Thursday Night Speedway" becomes the norm in Poland?"..

You can guarantee that the clubs and TV companies will be reviewing attendances and viewing figures very closely.. 

And, if both a success, then, very quickly, it will become part of their operating model...

When will some country have the " balls" to stand up to poland ,if this fixture was in the diary first brady should be riding in it !