British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Oxford Vs Edinburgh KOC 1st leg 26th April

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Who you got for Josh on Friday? Roo boy?

No scrap that Berwick at us. D'oh

Have to be from Brum, Poole or Plymouth? So Steve Worrall prob best option, I assume average wise it works! 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Have to be from Brum, Poole or Plymouth? So Steve Worrall prob best option, I assume average wise it works! 

One of the worralls. Richie maybe makes more sense

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Josh's average higher than I thought, even Howarth fits, not sure what he is like at Edinburgh though. Josh's average is almost a 3 point difference between the leagues! 

6 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Ritchie is taking Josh’s place on Friday.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iainb said:

The crowd looks to have dropped off quite a bit :(

Still a lot healthier than a lot

I wouldn't mind betting that a fair few, non ST holding supporters chose to watch online and save on travel costs etc. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

There’s one of the worst decisions of the season award contenders there in heat 2. Hook cleaned out yet excluded.

Hard to find a single person who agreed with it.

31 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Ritchie is taking Josh’s place on Friday.

Richie is certainly an Armadale expert!

30 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Still a lot healthier than a lot

I wouldn't mind betting that a fair few, non ST holding supporters chose to watch online and save on travel costs etc. 

Maybe it'll pick up a bit during the summer. I only went the once last year when Leicester were visiting and the crowd was massive for modern times 

4 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

There’s one of the worst decisions of the season award contenders there in heat 2. Hook cleaned out yet excluded.

Yes indeed but not the first time Mrs Horley has made a decision that has totally baffled virtually everyone!

Edited by WembleyLion

7 hours ago, WembleyLion said:

Yes indeed but not the first time Mrs Horley has made a decision that has totally baffled virtually everyone!

I’d be more shocked if she actually got a decision correct.  By far the worst ref 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sir Sidney said:

Maybe streaming is a double edged sword?

Possibly... but I'm sure Oxford will have pulled in some cash in from people (like myself) who would have never attended this match.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iainb said:

Possibly... but I'm sure Oxford will have pulled in some cash in from people (like myself) who would have never attended this match.

Plus if it seriously stopped people going then Poole, Edinburgh, Scunny etc wouldn't be doing their own streams. 

I would probably say that Edinburgh having bean beaten at home by what was generally considered the 2nd weakest team in the league and missing josh probs had more affect on attendance 

26 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Plus if it seriously stopped people going then Poole, Edinburgh, Scunny etc wouldn't be doing their own streams. 

Like I said, I only went the once last year to follow Leicester and it was a lovely summer night, there was quite a contingent of travelling Lions and the crowd was probably double what it was last night. I can't imagine that there were that many Lions there so I'm guessing the others are casuals... and I doubt very much that they'd be paying for a stream

Edited by iainb