British Speedway Forum
cowboy cookie returns?

Ipswich V Kings Lynn May 1st

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Klindt had a shocker in heat but bearing in mind what his bike sounded like on parade he was lucky to make it out for that one at all

After that he was very good and pretty quick picking up all the points you would expect

KK mind you was a dreadful disgrace and deserves his P45

I thought Klindt was pretty good and actually got stuck in thought he has always done well at Foxhall so could be a flash in the pan…. Trouble with Lynn is that they have all similar 6-7 point riders and none of them will improve … Klindt TJ Toft maybe even Jacobsen will only ever be that kind of rider … you only need 2 or 3 of them to have a 4/5 point return and it’s trouble 

If as quoted King wasn’t on the victory lap that’s poor from the captain 

19 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

Not a terrible meeting. A couple of shocking calls by the ref. 

Doyle and Emil in different postcodes. Rew was quick, just gating was letting him down. Danny is thankful for his gating as was slow as anything. Dan certainly not ready for the top league.

For Lynn, all had moments (other than Special K). Wondered down the pits half way through as little ones first meeting, Lynn riders sat there on their phones whilst heats running, not great team spirit.

Got away with the weather, that's for sure.

Surely not to much trouble to leave their phones alone for 90 mins or so :unsure:

• Like 1

society obsessed with them sorry to say.

• Like 1

Lynn need to get rid of Brady if they are on about shuffling the pack,  he wants to be ‘pals’ with the riders and not upset the apple cart it’s like he’s a bit in awe of like a of Klindt and Jakobsen especially that’s shown today when the guest was hooked and then not given more than 4 rides after being their top scorer! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 4BM said:

Lynn need to get rid of Brady if they are on about shuffling the pack,  he wants to be ‘pals’ with the riders and not upset the apple cart it’s like he’s a bit in awe of like a of Klindt and Jakobsen especially that’s shown today when the guest was hooked and then not given more than 4 rides after being their top scorer! 

'Hooking the guest' made sense at the time as it was a race without Doyle or Emil and to be fair Howarth only had a point at that stage, however it was poor planning for he and Edwards to have four rides each.

32 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Surely not to much trouble to leave their phones alone for 90 mins or so :unsure:

Sums up today’s generation. Take the cash, screw the fans and bemoan that the supporters show no respect. Is it any wonder that the sport is in on its arse. The riders have no respect for the paying punter, the promoters continue to track six man teams and the seven rider side is unlikely with R/R seemingly common place and a sport that rarely can make ends meet takes the piss and yet in any other form of entertainment, the punter would walk. Not in speedway because the diehards accept what is dished up yet  new punters take one look and think it is a joke and those in charge are blind to this. Why do those in charge, the promoters and the riders think they have some god given gift which demands support. The sooner all wake up and realise that they are instrumental in the decline of a once great form of entertainment, the easier it will be to rebuild but until then watch six man teams, 28 day replacements, interference from overseas leagues and riders who will never make the grade as long as the sport is run the way it is and it sums up what dire situation it faces. It needs some serious change but those in charge are as blind as those who do not want to see.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

King got 10 plus 1 from 6…. 8 from his first 3 when the Lynn riders were struggling with the track …. He had no speed and was passed with ease in 2 heats ….. so yes it was an off day for whatever reason maybe wrong set up 

I can accept that explanation & agree with the statement "it was an off day" but certainly wouldn't say he was "awful"

Not able to get to the meeting today - pleased to see better scores for Rew and well done to Danyon - chipping in with more points, currently sat in a hotel room in Stirling listening to the Wolves v Peterborough on BBC WM - have to say I never thought I would see the day when speedway was broadcast live on the BBC even if it is the radio!

Edited by GeneralMelchett

57 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

'Hooking the guest' made sense at the time as it was a race without Doyle or Emil and to be fair Howarth only had a point at that stage, however it was poor planning for he and Edwards to have four rides each.

Did think Jakobsen was a slightly odd choice of T/S too

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

I thought Klindt was pretty good and actually got stuck in thought he has always done well at Foxhall so could be a flash in the pan…. Trouble with Lynn is that they have all similar 6-7 point riders and none of them will improve … Klindt TJ Toft maybe even Jacobsen will only ever be that kind of rider … you only need 2 or 3 of them to have a 4/5 point return and it’s trouble 

If as quoted King wasn’t on the victory lap that’s poor from the captain 

King indeed was vacant 

Decent meeting today despite King's Lynns underperforming septet with overtaking, incident and a very large crowd!

Excluding Howarth in heat 2 when 3 riders went down going into the 1st bend was absolutely shocking, sorry to say it but that Christina Turnbill hasn't got a scooby do!

Ipswich are going to take some stopping if Safutinov and Doyle keep up this form. Doyle cruised to a maximum even when he was riding injured after the first heat fall!

Thompson is a concern cause he's not competitive even against other reserves and doesn't look like he's getting better. I know hes not popular with most including myself but if Thompson doesn't improve in the next 5-6 meetings then Ipswich lad Drew Kemp would be a better bet.

As for King's Lynn, like their sister track Peterborough they seem to have got a team of riders no one else wants. Kasperzaks lack of effort and shutting of going into the 1st bend should be enough to see him given his marching orders. Klindt and Palm Tofts lack of consistency is no good for supposed heatleaders 

Edited by 25yearfan

25yearfan,you have just cleared up why there were some bad refereeing decisions today.Christina Turnbull,enough said.There obviously aren't enough referee's in speedway for her to keep being employed.

Just my view

First two heats should have been all 4 back both times, not alot of room in the first bend and the first two starts were quite competitve, with it being a local derby having all 4 back for another go should have been the call.

King wasn't awful but struggled in his last couple, seemed more frustrated at himself than anything else.

Hume was impressive amd bagged his points early, Rew will come good another improvement week by week,  the Top 2 dont need a mention really

As for Lynn they were harshly treated in Heat 2, but first handful of races apart from Jakobsen they were all slow to get going and you cant have that in any meeting.

KK made one gate and that race was stopped but that was it, everyone knows what he is, either class or clueless,  so maybe they'll look to make a change soon

Brady did say more riders might become available once SEC qualifiers etc. are over so maybe a rider like Lindback might come in, he definitely shook his head a few times in front of me during some KK rides 

I also noticed which was only a little thing but when KK was walking back to the pits, Klindt passed him making slight body contact as he was making his way to his machine, KK turned round and seemed annoyed by it, read into that what you will but for me gave me a feeling that team spirit is an issue or the riders dont want KK there either

Think Jakobsen will have a good season, a very classy stylish rider wpuld have had him at Foxhall 

King got double figures so wasn't awful but he tailed of badly in his last 2 rides when his bike didn't seem quick enough.

Rew like you say is getting better weekly!

Is it any wonder Kasperzaks team mates aren't enamoured with him? Mind you the whole team seemed a bit lack lustre, almost going through the motions.

Edited by 25yearfan

6 hours ago, tellboy said:

Totally agree re Howarth,should definitely have 6 rides.No disrespect to Edwards because he done what was asked of him and more today,but when the team is struggling you have to use your senior reserve more.You know Howarth has points in him and is scoring well from the main body of Sheffields team this season.4 rides for Howarth was criminal today.

KK shut off into a few corners last week at the NA.Brady and Allitt need to come forward and admit the risk on KK hasn't worked.But i'm sure we will hear the same old thing in the next press release.

What a mistake it has been to get my first season ticket in over thirty years.If i didn't have one i may had stayed at home Thursday and watch the football on the tv.

Maybe you could exercise your consumer rights and ask for a refund, e.g. poor product.