British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

Race day priority

It would seem that Poland get priority on Mondays too. Not just Thursday like i‘m sure we was initially told. 

It`s difficult to tell - this is the latest ISL calendar https://www.fim-moto.com/fileadmin/user_upload/Documents/2023/2023_International_Speedway_League_calendar_-_05.05.2023.pdf?t=1683636757

Monday`s do appear to be ACU priority. 

Monday May 15th- Jack Holder cannot be in 2 places at once. Riding for Lublin or Sheffield ????

Edited by racers and royals

34 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

It would seem that Poland get priority on Mondays too. Not just Thursday like i‘m sure we was initially told. 

If that's the case then it would be surprising in the slightest considering the people who run speedway here and the way they do it. 

15 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

It`s difficult to tell - this is the latest ISL calendar https://www.fim-moto.com/fileadmin/user_upload/Documents/2023/2023_International_Speedway_League_calendar_-_05.05.2023.pdf?t=1683636757

Monday May 15th- Jack Holder cannot be in 2 places at once. Riding for Lublin or Sheffield ????

It’s what dale allitt said in an article and replied to me on twitter saying it. So assume jack will be in Poland 

33 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

The PZM don't have priority. You are referring to the Lublin v Krosno fixture arranged for the 15th May and affecting Doyle and Holder. In theory we would have priority regarding their appearances in the Pairs. In reality, Both Ipswich and Sheffield might have compromised allowing them both to appear in the Polish match and nominating other riders to go to Wolves. However, now that the fixture has changed I would imagine Poland have priority over Jack Holder's services leaving Sheffield needing a guest or RR.

12 minutes ago, tocha said:

The PZM don't have priority. You are referring to the Lublin v Krosno fixture arranged for the 15th May and affecting Doyle and Holder. In theory we would have priority regarding their appearances in the Pairs. In reality, Both Ipswich and Sheffield might have compromised allowing them both to appear in the Polish match and nominating other riders to go to Wolves. However, now that the fixture has changed I would imagine Poland have priority over Jack Holder's services leaving Sheffield needing a guest or RR.

It’s what dale allitt says. That Poland have priority over both days this season. 

I don’t think many rearranged fixtures will be a Monday though. Most seem to be on a Thursday. 

Maybe Dale Allitt is mistaken- this is from a post i made in January which does not mention Monday`s.

Riders signed with Polish league 1 and 2 are now allowed to ride for 3 other teams from 2 other previously.

Translated article

From the 2023 season, the Main Speedway Sport Commission will allow riders of the 1st Speedway League and the 2nd Speedway League to sign contracts not in two, but in three additional leagues. This means that each speedway rider will be able to race in a maximum of four different clubs.

Why such a change? Zbigniew Fiałkowski, vice-chairman of GKSŻ, mentions two reasons. - This is a nod to speedway riders, but I want to make it clear that we do not force anyone to do anything. No player has to sign four contracts. We only give them this opportunity, and it's up to them whether they decide to use it - he emphasizes.

The second issue is equally important, because it directly concerns the course of the games and the planning of matches in the 2023 season. - Due to the fact that we have expanded the number of leagues in which players can compete, we will gain a free Thursday for the Polish league. This will allow us to run the games even more efficiently this year - emphasizes Fiałkowski.

The vice-chairman also explains how the “free Thursday” rule for the Polish league will work in practice. – If, for example, the match of the 1st Speedway League planned for Sunday does not take place, we will be able to postpone it, but not to the next Thursday, but to the next one. Of course, we must officially inform about this so that no one in foreign leagues is planning competitions at that time. All these changes are the result of an agreement that we managed to work out with representatives of other countries. In fact, everyone will benefit from it – sums up Fiałkowski.

Edited by racers and royals

I believe that UK Speedway has 1000% secured February 29th as a priority day for the next 20 years..

Poland were fuming....

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Maybe Dale Allitt is mistaken

Well I never 

7 hours ago, racers and royals said:

I'm sure Sheffield would prefer a guest for him at Monmore anyway as he's useless there.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, mikebv said:

I believe that UK Speedway has 1000% secured February 29th as a priority day for the next 20 years..

Poland were fuming....

Damn right they are fuming……. They’d offered February 30th and told the UK they should be grateful.